All things Dundee FC

12 hours ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

The tadgerine and black ones that couldn't be worn.

Good of you to donate them to across the road for  their new kit - can see why you binned them though! 

Stenny fan on Moore & a Cove fan on Mulligan underneath:

On 15/07/2020 at 14:54, Francesc Fabregas said:

Callum Moore was one of the few positives of a thoroughly mediocre season but, even then, he didn't particularly stand out or deliver an earth-shattering performance during his short spell at the club. We played him on the right-hand side of midfield, a position I don't necessarily played to his strengths, but his fitness and his tenacity saw him do well enough. He's a tidy passer of the ball and he's prepared to get stuck in but I think he'll need a bit more about him to make a go of it in the Championship.

5 hours ago, CoveRangers1922 said:

He's a young lad and still developing but I wasn't overly impressed. He seemed out of his depth in League 2 and didn't really have any standout attributes.

I mostly remember Hartley screaming at him to follow basic instruction, track back and keep to his position.

Stirling fans on Ferrie:

15 hours ago, headthebaw said:

Callums performances earned him the Player of the Year and Young Player of the Year awards. He was a standout in a disappointing season for us. 

He was good all round. confident with crosses and bar a slip up early in the season he was a good shot stopper.

4 hours ago, BB_Bino said:

Ferrie is a really good Goalkeeper and a I would even go as far as to say he really is a gem. Try and erase his 1 appearance last season and don’t judge him on that, as there is no doubt in my mind that he deserves a crack at First Team football within the Championship and I would honestly say that, in time, he will go on to be a good steady Scottish Premiership Goalkeeper.

As has been mentioned, he was the highlight of a poor season the year he was at Forthbank and I was delighted for him when he picked up both Player and Young Player of the Year awards. As a shot stopper, his reactions and positioning is good, he’s comfortable with crosses within his 6-8 yard area. His decision making is also very good, I can’t remember seeing him being caught in no-mans land at any point, so in terms of actual Goalkeeping, he really can’t be faulted and is a safe pair of hands. If I was being pernickety, I would say his weakness is his distribution, but it’s not bad and it would certainly not be a cause for concern.

I have no doubt if James McPake decided to go with him, the Dundee fans would see a very competent player.

Stenny fan on Moore & a Cove fan on Mulligan underneath:

I was at one of the Stirling games where Ferrie played and thought he looked class. I think his height may be an issue which limits him but I don't think he'd be chucking many in at the very least.

I think we probably fucked him over a bit last season by letting him stay as no 2. By the time we decided to loan him out, there weren't any obvious candidates in L1. I always think TW did quite a good job at getting well suited loans for his young players coming through.

2 minutes ago, harry94 said:

I was at one of the Stirling games where Ferrie played and thought he looked class. I think his height may be an issue which limits him but I don't think he'd be chucking many in at the very least.

I think we probably fucked him over a bit last season by letting him stay as no 2. By the time we decided to loan him out, there weren't any obvious candidates in L1. I always think TW did quite a good job at getting well suited loans for his young players coming through.

I really hope, particularly if money is tight, that Ferrie gets his chance this season. It feels like we've been waiting forever on either Ferrie (Or Gourlay before he was let go as we committed to Ferrie) to make the step up.

I feel like if Ferrie isn't deemed ready to start for a Championship club at his age (22) then he's never gonna be ready particularly when we have such a weak first choice goalkeeper.

You're spot on regarding his loan last season. We also sent him to a club that just wanted him for their bench as Falkirk were never gonna drop Robbie Mutch who they deemed as one of their best players last season.

16 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

I really hope, particularly if money is tight, that Ferrie gets his chance this season. It feels like we've been waiting forever on either Ferrie (Or Gourlay before he was let go as we committed to Ferrie) to make the step up.

I feel like if Ferrie isn't deemed ready to start for a Championship club at his age (22) then he's never gonna be ready particularly when we have such a weak first choice goalkeeper.

You're spot on regarding his loan last season. We also sent him to a club that just wanted him for their bench as Falkirk were never gonna drop Robbie Mutch who they deemed as one of their best players last season.

How many youngsters have we had who have went on loan and came back into the team and did realy well?

When was the last time a dundee youngster got topped up and sold early doors ?

On 15/07/2020 at 23:34, RossBFaeDundee said:

Edited by G_Man1985
f**k knows why this won't delete

So we'll definitely be signing a new striker at least. My bets are on Mullen.

Either that or relying (probably too much) on youth...anyone know what our youth strikers are like? Cunningham seems a decent prospect but hardly played so far and don’t know about any other that would be classed as an out and out striker.

After a great initial 6 weeks Andy flattered to deceive. Lack of composure in front of goal was becoming very apparent. Good luck in the future to him, always put in a shift which is the basic requirement and the club saves some more money. Next. 

Thought Nelson was going to be the answer after his first few games last season - looked a real goal threat, put in loads of work, harassing defenders to try and get them to make mistakes etc. Then he got injured for a bit and never looked anything like as good again.

Would still have preferred him as an option, but best of luck to him and let's hope McPake can pull something out of the bag.

Do you think striker is now more important than keeper to fill? Especially if Kano goes too?