All things Dundee FC

From the, brief, sights of him I got last season, you've literally just signed a clone of Mullen but with a bit more pace.

Bizarre signing IMO, as neither of them can take chances and both play better as the "workhorse" creating space for a better forward.

Edited by RandomGuy.

2 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

From the, brief, sights of him I got last season, you've literally just signed a clone of Mullen but with a bit more pace.

Bizarre signing IMO, as neither of them can take chances and both play better as the "workhorse" creating space for a better forward.

very interesting 

Peaso being an agent now is very, very good news for us long term. Boy is Derry'd Oot His Nut.

I've absolutely no doubts he played a part in Jim Goodwin having to say he couldn't get near what Jakubiak was wanting and then he turns up at Dens days later as we are cost cutting.

Fucking yasssssssss Peaso.

On 15/06/2020 at 15:59, Ludo*1 said:

I see St Mirren are after Alex Jakubiak & Alex Gogic. Two players I'd love to see us try and steal. Unlikely we'd get either if top flight teams are after them, but would hope we'd try.

Jakubiak could be perfect foil as a battering ram. He flourished with Nelson at Falkirk so that'd be a bonus as I imagine Nelson will be our third choice striker. Gives us three different types of striker in Hemmings, Nelson & Jakubiak.

Well at least one part of this ended up being true.

In fairness to Kane Hemmings it must have been soul destroying constantly ploughing a lone furrow up front for most of his appearances last season.

It must have been a massive culture shock from his previous season at Dens. If he's moving on for personal reasons (and salary) to his hometown team, I still wish him well.

However, I'm looking forward to seeing the latest attacking options, especially if they are supplemented by a certain "sparky" and a former plumber, lol.

Regards as always 

PS, the sparky bit is extreme wishful thinking, however how much would he enjoy denying the Jam Tarts?  

You can't keep a player if they don't want to stay - I also don't think there are many clubs in the financial position to not cut wages - this is not the EPL.

Sad he's gone - I always thought he was great at holding the ball up and getting others into the game - he did have slow start on his return and was just hitting his stride when lockdown hit.

I see we've already got another in but still think we'll also sign the The Ginger Prince.

We have a striker that scores goals! 😃

He has a release clause and is being sold for pennies... 😭

Striker is back! 😃

He's refusing to take a wage cut and will be leaving... 😭

He's taking the wage cut and staying! 😃

No he's not... 😭

Being a Dundee fan is such a roller coaster...

Yeah, I thought that far from looking uninterested last season, Hemmings was just totally frustrated in being asked to play like a hold-the-ball-up targetman type, when he was getting precious little support, nothing created for him, and sometimes spent 20-30 minute spells where the only time the ball came near him was when he was trying to beat Centre-backs in the air from our goal kicks.

I thought he actually run himself ragged at times and over-achieved in a role that doesn't suit his game at all.

An enormous contrast to his first spell here, but I think that's entirely down to a difference in the standard of player along side him, how the team was playing, and how he was being asked to contribute, not down to a lack of effort from the guy himself. I'd take him back for a third spell in a heartbeat if I thought we had the team to actually use him the way we did the first time around.

Anyone else worried who’s going to score our goals next season? From what I gather we’ve signed 2 strikers in 2 days who appear to play the same role in a side. Hopefully I’m way off the mark with that. 

Regards Hemmings, I’d be pissed off as well with the role I was being asked to play for the team for 6 out of the 7 months of last season. As soon as we went to 2 up front he started to get amongst the goals again. He didn’t look happy from around the end of September but never stopped putting the effort in tbf to him. 

Edited by Yenitit