All things Dundee FC

12 minutes ago, Mr. Alli said:

His name is Elliot Parish. Since that day forward he was destined to be a strange guy. 

Never rated him at Dens but he got a strange amount of plaudits due to who he was replacing (despite not being half as good). Distribution was terrible, hugged his line and always looked suspect/nervous.

I thought he did alright with us. Id have him over hamilton and regardless id feel better off knowing he was in our goal.

I still a fear of this season coming with hamilton in goal. Ferrie may be good? However youngsters don't seem to be given a real chance  ( friendlies aside ) 

f**k knows, find out where we are against Hearts. With signings like Adam don't see why we can't win this league. 

47 minutes ago, Dee Man said:

Regarding stats, whoever passed the ball to Maradona before he skinned almost the entire England team and then slotted it past Shilton, would be credited with an assist. Stats are shite IMO.

No it wouldn't, unless the person collecting the stats is a moron.

28 minutes ago, Mr. Alli said:

hugged his line 

I've moaned about this all season but get pelters for it. If a balls played over the top of the defence he doesnt move out his 6 yard box until the balls in the box. Puts the whole defence into panic mode over simple balls.

23 minutes ago, Yenitit said:

Anything low and to either side of him and he’s not saving it. 

Aye feels this way. The goal this weekend was embarrassing for him to concede and hopefully spells the end.

Regarding stats, whoever passed the ball to Maradona before he skinned almost the entire England team and then slotted it past Shilton, would be credited with an assist. Stats are shite IMO.

It’s a brave man who picks a fight with HardonGuy but particularly so over stats.

Leave it there DeeMan or he’ll be boarding a plane to Australia to give you a ‘a right hard punch in the puss’ [emoji16][emoji16][emoji16]

1 hour ago, Mr. Alli said:

I thought his distribution was up there with the likes of Rab and Rocatti as in some of the worst I've seenat Dens. 

Don’t get me wrong he didn’t excel at it but I always felt comfortable enough with him that he’d at least clear his lines. 

Edited by Yenitit

1 hour ago, G_Man1985 said:

I thought he did alright with us. Id have him over hamilton and regardless id feel better off knowing he was in our goal.

I still a fear of this season coming with hamilton in goal. Ferrie may be good? However youngsters don't seem to be given a real chance  ( friendlies aside ) 

f**k knows, find out where we are against Hearts. With signings like Adam don't see why we can't win this league. 

Your 1st paragraph is why we won’t win the league even if we sign a goal scorer and another wide player. Get lucky with a new goalkeeper and you never know. 

Obviously it was only a friendly yesterday but McPake brought on a 17 year old attacking midfielder (Mulligan) and played him centrehalf 🤷🏼‍♂️ he played Cameron out of position in a televised game at the age of 16 putting him under real pressure and hanging him out to dry. He’s got to be careful not to destroy these kids confidence. Mulligan was good on the ball the few times he got it yesterday. We finished the game with at least 4 players playing out of position 🙈 I know it’s a friendly and getting ‘minutes under the belt’ but wtf that’s a shambles. 

Edited by Yenitit

Not for a minute am I saying McPake knows what he is doing or is trying to emulate them but.. The Dutch set up play players 'out of position' all through the youth set up in the hope that they learn the game better and understand what is required both on and off the ball of each other. Probably helps when suspensions etc kick in too. 

Edit : Jeebsy started off as a CH. 

Edited by Mr. Alli

14 minutes ago, Mr. Alli said:

Not for a minute am I saying McPake knows what he is doing or is trying to emulate them but.. The Dutch set up play players 'out of position' all through the youth set up in the hope that they learn the game better and understand what is required both on and off the ball of each other. Probably helps when suspensions etc kick in too. 

Edit : Jeebsy started off as a CH. 

Does this happen in our youth set up? Playing players out of position that is ? 

1 hour ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

Lol, just noticed that York9's president, Angus Mcnab, lists himself as a Dundee fan on twitter. I wonder if the Hamilton loan is basically a free hit for us.

His LinkedIn profile has him wearing a top with a Dee badge on it. Derry'd Oot His Nut.

Interestingly, took a look at their squad and they also have former Morton CH, Luca Gasparotto. Was he not half decent? 

Screenshot_20200920-130932_LinkedIn.jpg

Edited by Ludo*1

5 hours ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

Lol, just noticed that York9's president, Angus Mcnab, lists himself as a Dundee fan on twitter. I wonder if the Hamilton loan is basically a free hit for us.

After me slaughtering stat men everywhere yesterday it appears Angus was quite high up in Opta and is some sort of analytics ‘expert’ over in North America 😂 

He looks like he could be a good contact in North America for the club. 

Edited by Yenitit

10 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

No it wouldn't, unless the person collecting the stats is a moron.

So you're saying the assist stat is open to interpretation and the pass to Maradona could have been credited as an assist? Don't make me give you a modern day example. 

On 20/09/2020 at 11:11, Yenitit said:

Obviously it was only a friendly yesterday but McPake brought on a 17 year old attacking midfielder (Mulligan) and played him centrehalf

Mulligan has played centre back before, for the reserves. There's a difference between playing centre half, and being one of three centre backs with the freedom to start attacks by carrying the ball forward into midfield. Mulligan looks like he's got the physique to cope at centre back. It will be interesting to see whether he can learn to play that role.