All things Dundee FC

Just now, Crawford said:

As things stand would you be happy with the squad we have?

Expected finishing place?

2nd. Denied a genuine challenge due to the lack of 3 key players - Goalkeeper, CH & goal scorer.

3 minutes ago, Dunning1874 said:

When has Osman Sow ever been a better player than Nadir Ciftci?

If it came down to a straight choice and we had to have one of them, then it’s not even close for me; would have to be Ciftci. 

Goalie is still top priority, then another striker. 

The only way I can see GK and CH being addressed now is with loan signings nearer the start of competitive matches. It seems the club still has the budget to look at signing another striker, but I'm of a mind that hoping for three permanent signings is probably not being realistic given the constraints of terminating last season early, and playing a three-quarters season in front of few or no fans in 20/21. Perhaps if things have settled down by the end of January there might be a bit of scope for a couple in and a couple out, but I can't see it.

I'm sure there isn't a club in the Championship that couldn't be realistically improved with a few signings, but I don't think it's practical for any of them at the  moment.

1 hour ago, Boo Khaki said:

The only way I can see GK and CH being addressed now is with loan signings nearer the start of competitive matches. It seems the club still has the budget to look at signing another striker, but I'm of a mind that hoping for three permanent signings is probably not being realistic given the constraints of terminating last season early, and playing a three-quarters season in front of few or no fans in 20/21. Perhaps if things have settled down by the end of January there might be a bit of scope for a couple in and a couple out, but I can't see it.

I'm sure there isn't a club in the Championship that couldn't be realistically improved with a few signings, but I don't think it's practical for any of them at the  moment.

McPake said that we were looking at 2-3 more signings regardless if the Adam deal came off or not.

Let's assume 1 is Nicholas Hamilton, the other is a striker and whilst I'd hope the 3rd would be a goalkeeper, I reckon it'd be a CH.

I also honestly believe that if Osman Sow is given a trial it's with the purpose of allowing the team to play with a proper shape in the closed door games rather than with full intentions of signing him - although the carrot should be dangled, obviously.

Finally, Ferrie is one of the highest rated keepers at his level. Gourlay was another and we chose Ferrie over him. Ferrie whilst still young for a keeper, is 22 now and has the opportunity of a lifetime to solidfy himself as our number 1 for years to come. I've seen him once in the flesh (Against Elgin) and wasn't impressed (Even if I placed zero blame on him for his sending off) but equally he has won PotY and YPotY at Stirling in League 2 in his only full season of football. He needs to be given a proper chance this season and I'd give him that chance over a known extremely average keeper like Hazard tbh. (Although ultimately I hope we pull something out the bag)

There is a very good chance he can be the answer to our problems. The worry is that if he isn't, we'll, we're fucked!

Edited by Ludo*1