All things Dundee FC

5 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Has anyone watched Fagan-Walcott's interview on DeeTV? Holy moly. :lol:

Very laid back demeanour. Gets asked how did the move come about, 'At first, I didn't think about it because I didn't know where that was. Oh yeah, Scotland.' Then he says, 'It's about helping you, help me sort of thing. It's to get game time, but with men. I'll bring everything I know about training with top players here and hopefully learn from the players here.'

Finally, he's asked about Raith and says, 'I Google'd Raith so I know a bit and I Youtube'd their striker so I'm ready.'

Yeah.... lad's young and from London, so couldn't give two shits about Scottish football which is fair considering it's the prevailing attitude. Feel it's fair to say I wouldn't call it the best interview ever, but I doubt he's had much media experience and at least he's honest? Idk, all that matters is that he's a good player. Think Liam Fontaine will be a cracking influence on this lad already.

Also knowing our luck, he'll have actually googled Regan Hendry 😆

Edited by RossBFaeDundee

I think the signings are a clear indicator we are aiming to come up this year via the playoffs or other and it’s great to see these signings roll in. Let’s not forget the signing of Adam fairly recently as well. Credit where credits due, McPake has done some exciting business while in charge. 

The manager and goalkeeper will ultimately determine whether we have a realistic shot of getting up this year but once again the club have reeled us back in when hope of promotion was a joke before.  Looking forward to the weekend. Are all the new lads likely to be fit and feature/start? 

1 minute ago, MarbellaDEE said:

I think the signings are a clear indicator we are aiming to come up this year via the playoffs or other and it’s great to see these signings roll in. Let’s not forget the signing of Adam fairly recently as well. Credit where credits due, McPake has done some exciting business while in charge. 

The manager and goalkeeper will ultimately determine whether we have a realistic shot of getting up this year but once again the club have reeled us back in when hope of promotion was a joke before.  Looking forward to the weekend. Are all the new lads likely to be fit and feature/start? 

Aye, I don't think you'll see a bigger vote of confidence. If Cummings can be half the player he was with Hibs goals should come aplenty. Need to try and cement 2nd as ours at the very least, Dunfermline's recruiting continues to impress me as well.

I reckon strongly that McMullan starts on Saturday now he'll have had the training sessions, and wouldn't be surprised to see Cumdog starting as well.

2 minutes ago, MarbellaDEE said:

Unlikely Cummings will be. He's not played more than 15 minutes since mid-November. He'll still look fitter than Sow mind you.

4 minutes ago, MarbellaDEE said:

If we don’t get up the 2 permanent signings this week have gave us a great starting point to next season plus Jakubiak surely can’t be as unlucky with injuries again. That’s a really good front 3 in the Championship imo. 

5 minutes ago, Yenitit said:

If we don’t get up the 2 permanent signings this week have gave us a great starting point to next season plus Jakubiak surely can’t be as unlucky with injuries again. That’s a really good front 3 in the Championship imo. 

Only thing I'd be concerned about - And it's pure conjecture and good old fashioned Dundee'ness creeping in - is if the Americans are funding this in a last chance style deal.

Unlikely, but the thought still manages to seep away in the back of my head.

1 hour ago, rainbowrising said:

Kill joy here. A few years back Cummings would have be fine but now, a journeyman player that cant get a game most places from what I see.  Big attitude problems by all accounts. Will score a few goals I suppose but a game changer? Not in my book.

You'd have said the same about Hemmings - a player significantly older and dearly missed. 

Signing a 25 year old former Scotland internationalist who brings excitement to the team simply by crossing the touchline should be applauded by the support. Instead, you're droning on and dragging absolutely everything surrounding the club down. 

12 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Only thing I'd be concerned about - And it's pure conjecture and good old fashioned Dundee'ness creeping in - is if the Americans are funding this in a last chance style deal.

Unlikely, but the thought still manages to seep away in the back of my head.

Any of us that have been through administration will always think that. I’d hope it’s a combination of the insurance policy, Nicola’s 500k, club sponsors paying Sir Charles wages, The Foundation (superb idea) handing over money to the club no strings attached, using the furlough from fairly early on and also running with a small squad is all starting to bear fruit. 

The sooner Celtic sell Jack Hendry to Oostende and we get our cut the better so we can bring Greg home 😍

6 minutes ago, Mr. Alli said:

You'd have said the same about Hemmings - a player significantly older and dearly missed. 

Signing a 25 year old former Scotland internationalist who brings excitement to the team simply by crossing the touchline should be applauded by the support. Instead, you're droning on and dragging absolutely everything surrounding the club down. 

Admittedly I’ve not saw him since he left Rangers but we’d have been out of sight on Friday with him in the team before Forster’s f**k up. 

A massive improvement on what we have and the exact type of ambitious signings I want to see my club make. Gutted to read people excepting that sh!te on Friday night and saying it’s a difficult place to go. It was a sh!te result for us and should never be acceptable. Looks like the board agree with the 3 signings inside a week 👍 Has to be in our budget tho. 

Edited by Yenitit

1 hour ago, Ludo*1 said:

Has anyone watched Fagan-Walcott's interview on DeeTV? Holy moly. :lol:

Very laid back demeanour. Gets asked how did the move come about, 'At first, I didn't think about it because I didn't know where that was. Oh yeah, Scotland.' Then he says, 'It's about helping you, help me sort of thing. It's to get game time, but with men. I'll bring everything I know about training with top players here and hopefully learn from the players here.'

Finally, he's asked about Raith and says, 'I Google'd Raith so I know a bit and I Youtube'd their striker so I'm ready.'

He sounds like a p***k.

Has anyone watched Fagan-Walcott's interview on DeeTV? Holy moly. [emoji38]

That's glorious. He's either going to be ripped a new one, or absolutely cigar his way through it [emoji23]

18 minutes ago, RossDee01 said:

If we sign Greg Stewart as well I think my testicles would explode 

Kevin McDonald is now being mooted.

Think a few people's testicles have already exploded with the signings people are now touting. :lol:

But still... Speroni.

One can dream.

Scott Allan, what a guy.

Also, we had to 'get creative' again for Cummings, more sponsor involvement? Clearly the move was on the cards for a wee bit. That and McPake listing Cummings, McMullan and Malachi signing as the club's 'statement of intent' makes me think that's the end of our incomings.

image.png.61db60e08045d0a40c5afb8633508678.png

Edited by RossBFaeDundee