All things Dundee FC

Onto the Perth Diddies.

I'd make a few changes seeing as we have four league games in twelve days from next Tuesday, where it's unlikely the same eleven could start all.

In central midfield i'd play Byrne and Adam. Anderson and McGowan deserve to start the next league match on Tuesday despite my views that when all are fully fit, McGowan is my fourth choice. This will give the two playing much needed minutes for when they are required over the twelve day period.

Afolabi, Fisher and Kerr(Shocker) to start aswell for Mullen, Ashcroft and Marshall. Yes Kerr left back - i can only choose from the squad McPake has assembled.

In this season of appalling football (minus the last two weeks) im afraid the only benefit of the Scottish cup is to freshen up some players for the run in.

Thank you.

On 30/03/2021 at 11:43, RossDee01 said:

I think we’re all missing the point here and it’s turning into a bit of a Fontaine bashing exercise.

I don’t actually disagree with @bp33 on the Fontaine front but the way he’s going about his argument is baffling.

I think we’d all agree the our defence is the weakest part of our team but I don’t think Fontaine is solely to blame for that, and like I’ve said earlier he seemed to have been rushed back and wasn’t fully fit. 

Before his injury he came in and made a difference to the defence, we were defending better with him in there and he did pop up with a couple (maybe just 1) of goals. 

We all have different opinions and that fine, in fact it’s the whole point in these forums, but to come on here calling folk names because they don’t agree with you isn’t going to get you very far.

Fontaine is horse manure. 

On 30/03/2021 at 16:19, RawB93 said:

I strongly dislike the shield and think it's unremarkable and bland. Was it not Gardiner who changed it? The pre-shield DFC was fine, as was the one with the red bar at the top.

Personally I'd love to see it redesigned along the lines of Motherwell's which incorporates steel mills and fir trees. Though perhaps adding jute mills to our badge some 50 years after the last mill closed would be weird.

Agreed our current badge is scandalously shite.

Thank you.

Would you give ferrie or Hamilton minutes for the game also Iv heard good thing about someone called Ewan Murray 

worth giving Cameron another shot since the last time he played with us he was kinda thrown in at the deep

On 29/03/2021 at 09:52, bp33 said:

I’d be interested to know why you think he’s dreadful?

Whenever I’ve seen Fontaine he looks like Bambi on ice.

He lacks pace, composure, vision and intelligence. He was brought in mid season to tighten up the defence, but we haven’t improved at all, Forster rightly gets criticism,, but Fontaine ponces about the park without a care in the world, and is no better. 

On 29/03/2021 at 12:38, Mr. Alli said:

I'll answer this. 

He can't run. Not really his fault, he's about 40 and not many can still run. I can't run. It's not a fundamental part of my job though. 

He can't pass. This for me is the biggest worry. Five yard passes to men with nobody near them are always wayward. 

Positionally he's terrible. He doesn't read the game well and is often found a mile out of position which, coupled with his lack of mobility, means he must have left his position about June 1994. 

He's fine if you're playing a team who are going to launch it to a target man all game - as is Ashcroft. Sadly for them and in turn the club, teams don't set up like that too often in 2021. 

Absolutely spot on 👍

He lacks pace, composure, vision and intelligence. He was brought in mid season to tighten up the defence, but we haven’t improved at all, Forster rightly gets criticism,, but Fontaine ponces about the park without a care in the world, and is no better. 

He is certainly dividing opinion and I see the exact opposite. He’s the only CH we have (except young Fisher) who has composure, intelligence and moves gracefully - nothing like Bambi on ice. I’ll give you lack of pace however.
As for have we improved? It felt to me like we have and as our fellow poster pointed out earlier the stats overwhelmingly show that - and you can’t argue against stats......
As for playing Cammy at left back, get that idea in the ocean, never mind the sea. Let’s play Elliot at LB or centre mid and see how he gets on.

Would you give ferrie or Hamilton minutes for the game also Iv heard good thing about someone called Ewan Murray 
worth giving Cameron another shot since the last time he played with us he was kinda thrown in at the deep

IMO - no, no, no and no.

Strongest team out for the cup and let’s do these agricultural tosspots.

IMG_1617278819.769673.jpg

W2 D4 L4 - Our form away from home this season. 6 games left, 4 away from home.

7 Fixtures in April, if we actually win on Saturday, that will be at least 8 in April. Can't see a major focus on the cup. Doomed, we're all doomed. Unless...............