All things Dundee FC

Just now, RossDee01 said:

Fair enough but you just have to look at the results since January of the games where he’s been in the team vs when he hasn’t.

Yes, I agree he hasn't been up to the level he was at the start of the season, he maybe has Long Covid but doesn't know it. But a player doesn't lose all ability in 4 months.

1 minute ago, johnnydun said:

Yes, I agree he hasn't been up to the level he was at the start of the season, he maybe has Long Covid but doesn't know it. But a player doesn't lose all ability in 4 months.

That could be it, but on current form he shouldn’t be in the starting XI on Tuesday IMO.

4 minutes ago, Robin.Hood said:

I've maybe missed it but has there been anything said regarding Cummings being injured? 

Well no because he was obviously fit enough to be included on the bench. Are you seriously struggling with this?

1 minute ago, RossDee01 said:

That could be it, but on current form he shouldn’t be in the starting XI on Tuesday IMO.

Yeah, I see what you're saying, the 4-4-2 was working well without him, maybe we should look at it again when McGhee is back.

15 minutes ago, Taipei said:

I’d recommend watching Adam when he has the ball, he completes less than a third of his passes I’d guess. 

You could say that about the whole team, the difference being Charlie has the ability and the testicular fortitude to try something different. If he was to just play it the safe 5 yards that numerous other charlatans try (and fail to complete) he'd have a 100% success rate. 

17 minutes ago, RossDee01 said:

Cummings is obviously injured. Anyone who things otherwise is miles off it.

6 minutes ago, Robin.Hood said:

I've maybe missed it but has there been anything said regarding Cummings being injured? 

2 minutes ago, RossDee01 said:

Well no because he was obviously fit enough to be included on the bench. Are you seriously struggling with this?

In fairness to @Robin.HoodI think any confusion would be for the fact you @RossDee01weren’t particularly clear in your first post that you meant / thought Cummings was injured but only to the extent of having to sit on the bench.  Given that McPake doesn’t know what he is doing I think it’s fair to assume it is possible Cummings is fully fit.  Reasonable question by Robin in my opinion.

2 minutes ago, Robin.Hood said:

Help me here. 

Screenshot_20210403-180845_Samsung Internet.jpg

Screenshot_20210403-180835_Samsung Internet.jpg

Yes, those are the players who aren’t fit enough to be in the squad. If Cummings is carrying a knock where he’s not fit enough to play 90 minutes but can come on towards the end of required he’s not going to be included in that is he? 

1 minute ago, Shadow Play said:

In fairness to @Robin.HoodI think any confusion would be for the fact you @RossDee01weren’t particularly clear in your first post that you meant / thought Cummings was injured but only to the extent of having to sit on the bench.  Given that McPake doesn’t know what he is doing I think it’s fair to assume it is possible Cummings is fully fit.  Reasonable question by Robin in my opinion.

Alright then - a knock, not a full blown injury. Deary me, I didn’t think I had to literally spell things out.

Edited by RossDee01

2 minutes ago, Mr. Alli said:

You could say that about the whole team, the difference being Charlie has the ability and the testicular fortitude to try something different. If he was to just play it the safe 5 yards that numerous other charlatans try (and fail to complete) he'd have a 100% success rate. 

He didn’t try many long passes today, but he did miss plenty of short easy passes. The rest of the team can run and contribute, Adam can’t. 

Far too many people look at the name on the shirt, and not the actual performance. He should not be in the team. 

Just now, Taipei said:

He didn’t try many long passes today, but he did miss plenty of short easy passes. The rest of the team can run and contribute, Adam can’t. 

Far too many people look at the name on the shirt, and not the actual performance. He should not be in the team. 

Nothing to do with the name on the shirt, he is involved in nearly every play.

I think it's fair to say that Adam has been shite for a number of a months. I think it's also fair to say that he shouldn't be in the first 11 come Tuesday night. On the other hand, it's equally as valid a point to suggest that the reason that he's not been at it is due to Covid/his personal issues and furthermore, it's also valid to say that he'd be the lynchpin of the team again if he had McGhee doing his running again for him and letting him do what he does best.

And that McPake is a shite manager who can't get the best out of him.

I'm watching everyone argue here and finding myself agreeing with pretty much every post!

Edited by Ludo*1

1 minute ago, johnnydun said:

Nothing to do with the name on the shirt, he is involved in nearly every play.

im not knocking adam's ability but the 2nd part of your post is where we go wrong every game he plays....he takes all the freekicks he takes all the corners and it looks like hes taking all the pens...we never mix things up when hes playing and give teams far too much time to organise whenever we get a corner or freekick as they know no matter where on the park adam is he'll take it...lets get the ball down and if a quick one is available bloody just do it.

3 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

I think it's fair to say that Adam has been shite for a number of a months. I think it's also fair to say that he shouldn't be in the first 11 come Tuesday night. On the other hand, it's equally as valid a point to suggest that the reason that he's not been at it is due to Covid/his personal issues and furthermore, it's also valid to say that he'd be the lynchpin of the team again if he had McGhee doing his running again for him and letting him do what he does best.

I'm watching everyone argue here and finding myself agreeing with pretty much every post!

We don’t have the luxury of carrying players - we’re not good enough for that. 

2 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

And that McPake is a shite manager who can't get the best out of him.

Yeah I don't completely disagree with @RossDee01, but those who say Adam is past it, really don't see what he does.

4 minutes ago, RossDee01 said:

We don’t have the luxury of carrying players - we’re not good enough for that. 

You are 100% correct a club our size does not have the luxury of carrying anyone.  That is what makes the appointment of McPake so utterly bizarre.  A manager with no experience of managing an adult team, let alone a Championship side needing an urgent rebuild and desperate to get promoted ASAP.   

4 minutes ago, johnnydun said:

Yeah I don't completely disagree with @RossDee01, but those who say Adam is past it, really don't see what he does.

Technically he’s our best player by a mile.  That’s unquestionable. However, he can’t run and that’s shown in the number of yellow cards he picks up as a lot of the time he just has to foul. If we were a better team we might be able to afford to carry him however we really struggle off the ball when he’s in the team.