All things Dundee FC

Interesting for the stats fans this....

Charlie Adam has played 17 games for us this term.

A total of 14.8 full 90 mins.

He scores a goal every 0.41.

He assists a goal every 0.47.

So that means, Charlie creates a goal for us every 0.88.

That is phenomenal for a midfielder who 'can't run' and who's 'legs have gone''.

He is in fact, in the best statistical form of his career.

Been looking at penalty records:

Lockwood's overall record and he'd scored 27 penalties and missed 1 in his whole career. He then missed 3 on the bounce for us.

Ryan Conroy's record is 16 scored, 1 missed (Neil Parry for Alloa saving it).

Charlie Adam meanwhile has 23 goals from the spot and 6 misses including 2 for us (he also missed against Cove).

Greg Stewart has converted 1 penalty in his career and missed 3.

Gary Harkins converted 15 penalties, missed 3 (not including the friendly miss against Man City of course!)

Finally, Leigh Griffiths has 25 penalty goals to his name but 8 misses.

Bizarre the way that players that are a wizard with the ball at their feet aren't exactly great with penalties. I wonder if Nemsadze would've been good at pens.

And going the other way, Jack Hamilton believe it or not, is considerably poorer than Scott Bain in terms of saving pens over both players career!

7 minutes ago, RossDee01 said:

Can’t see him staying past the summer to be honest. Neither he or Elliott are good enough and with his contract running out in the summer I think we’ll be looking to bring another right back in.

Think the whole back line needs addressed. I really like Marshall but appreciate his defensive weaknesses aren't for everyone. Need 2  starting CH's (although Ashcroft has improved of late) and a starting RB.

Feel sorry for Cammy as I'd have probably plumped for him over Elliott just out of loyalty for a back-up option(if not punting both), but Elliott had the extension in his contract.

7 minutes ago, johnnydun said:

Interesting for the stats fans this....

Charlie Adam has played 17 games for us this term.

A total of 14.8 full 90 mins.

He scores a goal every 0.41.

He assists a goal every 0.47.

So that means, Charlie creates a goal for us every 0.88.

That is phenomenal for a midfielder who 'can't run' and who's 'legs have gone''.

He is in fact, in the best statistical form of his career.

Like I’ve said, technically he’s excellent. I just think we struggle a lot more without the ball when he’s in the team, especially from January onwards. Not sure what the stats are on results with him in the team v without but I’d hedge a guess that recently we have been better without him. Like others have said, it could be something to do with COVID, but he’s certainly nothing like he was pre Christmas.

24 minutes ago, RossDee01 said:

Like I’ve said, technically he’s excellent. I just think we struggle a lot more without the ball when he’s in the team, especially from January onwards. Not sure what the stats are on results with him in the team v without but I’d hedge a guess that recently we have been better without him. Like others have said, it could be something to do with COVID, but he’s certainly nothing like he was pre Christmas.

With him,

P17 W7 D5 L5

1.52 points per game.

Without him,

P4 W2 D1 L1

1.75 points per game.

Edit; TBF we have also brought in Cummings and McMullen for those 4 games without Adam.

Edited by johnnydun

42 minutes ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

Unbelievable, You conveniently forgetting the first half of the season when Charlie Adam carried this side on his own? and now he's had a slump you're having a pop at him?

You on the wind up/troll?

You don’t get credit for what happened 6/7 month ago, it’s what’s happening now that matters. 

Yep, I’m definitely a troll because I criticised one of our players, I forgot that that isn’t allowed.

50 minutes ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

Unbelievable, You conveniently forgetting the first half of the season when Charlie Adam carried this side on his own? and now he's had a slump you're having a pop at him?

You on the wind up/troll?

Correct Biggie, looks like Granny, Twinkle, or their like all sadly combined and equally sadly obsessed with these previous comments with CA.

Only kidding though, before the above highlighted acts suddenly reappear on our sacred threads.

The alternative is too difficult to comprehend in my humble opinion.  A fellow Dee with a shockingly poor attitude towards our current predicament without seeing the light to the illuminated way out, and maybe just a personable hungry appetite for feedback of some form, lol.

Either way, with the negative vibes on here, if I were Charlie Adam, which I'm not thankfully, I'd be telling you all to stick it up your respective small minded arses.

Merely my opinion.

Thank you.

1 hour ago, Taipei said:

You don’t get credit for what happened 6/7 month ago,

Maybe in your opinion, but not mine, Sorry for the troll comment, but you've just appeared from nowhere with negative shite.

Thank you.

51 minutes ago, This Charming Man said:

Correct Biggie, looks like Granny, Twinkle, or their like all sadly combined and equally sadly obsessed with these previous comments with CA.

Only kidding though, before the above highlighted acts suddenly reappear on our sacred threads.

The alternative is too difficult to comprehend in my humble opinion.  A fellow Dee with a shockingly poor attitude towards our current predicament without seeing the light to the illuminated way out, and maybe just a personable hungry appetite for feedback of some form, lol.

Either way, with the negative vibes on here, if I were Charlie Adam, which I'm not thankfully, I'd be telling you all to stick it up your respective small minded arses.

Merely my opinion.

Thank you.

I could be wrong but all i'm seeing are legitimate questions of the current form of a player who was previously in fairly good form, with additional observations that in recent league games we've done alright without him. 

Settle. 

The whole Charlie story is incredible. We’ve all been fantasising over him pulling on the dark blue towards the end of his career and fair fucks to him, he’s done it. Really fantastic. For me he’s not really done the biz - whether that’s down to his legs being totally gone, or a shite manager - who knows, I suspect both, but respect to Charlie for coming home.
I think McMullen has had the biggest impact of all our signings this season. Loving the wee guy.

1 minute ago, Fifespud said:

The whole Charlie story is incredible. We’ve all been fantasising over him pulling on the dark blue towards the end of his career and fair fucks to him, he’s done it. Really fantastic. For me he’s not really done the biz - whether that’s down to his legs being totally gone, or a shite manager - who knows, I suspect both, but respect to Charlie for coming home.
I think McMullen has had the biggest impact of all our signings this season. Loving the wee guy.

Definitely a shite manager.

6 minutes ago, Fifespud said:

Genuinely pleased the wee, no-neck c*nt is doing well. It's McMullan, btw.

7 minutes ago, Day of the Lords said:

I could be wrong but all i'm seeing are legitimate questions of the current form of a player who was previously in fairly good form, with additional observations that in recent league games we've done alright without him. 

Settle. 

With all due respect my good man, stick to your beloved hill-walking all year round, and I'll continue during the football season to actually watching and supporting my team, then in the summer revert to my beloved river trout fly fishing in the great outdoors.

Yeah, settle, lol. 

1 minute ago, This Charming Man said:

With all due respect my good man, stick to your beloved hill-walking all year round, and I'll continue during the football season to actually watching and supporting my team, then in the summer revert to my beloved river trout fly fishing in the great outdoors.

Yeah, settle, lol. 

Charlie isn't going to shag you mate. 

7 minutes ago, Day of the Lords said:

Charlie isn't going to shag you mate. 

Classy, obviously drank far too much on your own tonight.

Goodnight, have a good weekend once you've sobered up.

Regards as always to a fellow Dee and in fairness a fellow lover of the great outdoors.

Edited by This Charming Man

5 minutes ago, This Charming Man said:

Yeah, settle, lol. 

Top tip, don't mention politics with him, I did once, but I think I got away with it.

Don't Mention the War! - Fawlty Towers - BBC on Make a GIF

1 minute ago, This Charming Man said:

Classy, obviously drank far too much on your own tonight.

Goodnight, have a good weekend once you've sobered up.

Regards as always to a fellow Dee and in fairness a lover of the great outdoors.

1 minute ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

Top tip, don't mention politics with him, I did once, but I think I got away with it.

Don't Mention the War! - Fawlty Towers - BBC on Make a GIF

FFS.

A couple of fans question Charlie's recent form and you two are launching toys all over the place. 

Absolutely mental 😂