All things Dundee FC

5 minutes ago, bp33 said:

Has he scored goals, that have gained us points this year? I await your response with interest.

Has he given away goals, that have lost us points this year? I await your response with interest.

ETA: To answer your question - no. He hasn't scored any goals this year.

Edited by Ludo*1

55 minutes ago, bp33 said:

Are you a Fontaine hater, as well?

Not really, but I don't think he's up too much.  I'd absolutely be looking at 2 centre halfs in the summer and be looking at getting rid of him.

Also you can't really rate defenders on the goals they score.

3 minutes ago, The Derry said:

Not really, but I don't think he's up too much.  I'd absolutely be looking at 2 centre halfs in the summer and be looking at getting rid of him.

Also you can't really rate defenders on the goals they score.

Ken it's a fucked up day when I'm agreeing with this poster. 

So, what are we looking for from tonight's game? A draw to keep both teams roughly where they are? A Raith win to push the Pars further out of the race? A Pars win so that if we beat Raith we will be ahead of them?

Anything to get back to something roughly football-related...

I can't argue with you, not because your points are valid but because you are too thick to argue with.
You completely miss the points made, you're arguments for Fontaine being a good player is that he is 'good around the club' which of course has no bearing on his footballing ability and despite having multiple chances to explain why he is, in your opinion, a good player, you have failed to tell us. As you know you have no answer to this, you have had to resort to insults and oddly ask if we all live together.
I'm out.

Don’t really know why I’ve done this, but here goes.

League results when Fontaine has started
Played 13
Won 7
Lost2
Drawn 4

League results when he hasn’t started
Played 9
Won3
Lost 4
Drawn 2

I’ll wait your response with interest.

I think we’re all missing the point here and it’s turning into a bit of a Fontaine bashing exercise.

I don’t actually disagree with @bp33 on the Fontaine front but the way he’s going about his argument is baffling.

I think we’d all agree the our defence is the weakest part of our team but I don’t think Fontaine is solely to blame for that, and like I’ve said earlier he seemed to have been rushed back and wasn’t fully fit. 

Before his injury he came in and made a difference to the defence, we were defending better with him in there and he did pop up with a couple (maybe just 1) of goals. 

We all have different opinions and that fine, in fact it’s the whole point in these forums, but to come on here calling folk names because they don’t agree with you isn’t going to get you very far.

Edited by RossDee01

I think we’re all missing the point here and it’s turning into a bit of a Fontaine bashing exercise.
I don’t actually disagree with [mention=50000]bp33[/mention] on the Fontaine front but the way he’s going about his argument is baffling.
I think we’d all agree the our defence is the weakest part of our team but I don’t think Fontaine is solely to blame for that, and like I’ve said earlier he seemed to have been rushed back and wasn’t fully fit. 

Before his injury he came in and made a difference to the defence, we were defending better with him in there and he did pop up with a couple (maybe just 1) of goals. 

We all have different opinions and that fine, in fact it’s the whole point in these forums, but to come on here calling folk names because they don’t agree with you isn’t going to get you very far.

3 goals, actually. The reason I took that tact, was when you read the shite that’s been posted with regards to Fontaine, ie can’t make a 5 yard pass, you can only assume these folk are totally clueless.

I’ve now proved that the team is better with Fontaine in it, so I’m awaiting the haters responses with interest.

4 minutes ago, bp33 said:

The reason I took that tact, was when you read the shite that’s been posted with regards to Fontaine, ie can’t make a 5 yard pass, you can only assume these folk are totally clueless.

That’s not true. I have agreed with you regarding Fontaine yet you started out by calling me clueless for saying that once we have a fully fit squad we should revert back to the 4-3-3. You’ve done nothing but attack people who have a different opinion than you from the start.

That’s not true. I have agreed with you regarding Fontaine yet you started out by calling me clueless for saying that once we have a fully fit squad we should revert back to the 4-3-3. You’ve done nothing but attack people who have a different opinion than you from the start.

We’ve definately been better playing a 4-4-2 so it would be complete madness to go back to the 4-3-3, which granted,gave us a good result against Hearts, although it was generally uninspiring in most of the other games.

Adam, McGhee, Anderson, Gowzer, Byrne, etc will all have a part to play for the rest of the season, and will probably be rotated, but IMO we should stick with 4-4-2 for the moment.

The biggest challenge for McPake is working out, how to fit Adam into this formation.

12 hours ago, Mr. Alli said:

I've got no idea why you keep asking about flatmates but no, I don't live with Johnny, Ludo or any other poster on this site. (or any site, for that matter). 

I’m c**t seek getting up in the morning and you’ve no done yer dishes fae the night before cunto 🙃😜