All things Dundee FC

5 minutes ago, Crawford said:

Sorry to interrupt the ding dong with a different ding dong but a PSA -

Can't be bothered cooking but fancy a Chinese in Dundee?

Want a Chinese that's satay sauce has the same kick as tap water? Where the chicken chow mein is being treated for anemia?

Pre cooked and then boiled chips?

Ruby House is for you. 

£29.20 of I want to fucking cry. Don't do it. 

Carry on.

Since the first lockdown, I've noticed a substantial downturn in quality Chinese places in Dundee.

Tip Top, Pearl of Hong Kong, China Pot, The Moon, the horrific Jade Palace, the horrific Pan Asia, Chens, Golden Star, China China, Tak Awa and The Sampan have all been tried and come to mind (few others have as well).

Only Chens, Sampan and Tak Awa were anywhere near acceptable.

8 minutes ago, Crawford said:

Sorry to interrupt the ding dong with a different ding dong but a PSA -

Can't be bothered cooking but fancy a Chinese in Dundee?

Want a Chinese that's satay sauce has the same kick as tap water? Where the chicken chow mein is being treated for anemia?

Pre cooked and then boiled chips?

Ruby House is for you. 

£29.20 of I want to fucking cry. Don't do it. 

Carry on.

I ordered from 'The Moon' tonight. The beef was like bark from your local play park after the Tay has burst it banks all over it. 

Not impressed, won't be back. 

Chens next week. 

2 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Pearl of Hong Kong, 

Genuinely, consistently, the worst take away grub I've ever eaten. Even sozzled after the Boars super Sundays I'd throw it away by the Scott Fyffe circle. 

Ridiculously shite and it leads me to believe its a front for illicit activity because nocunts taste buds can enjoy that. Not a chance. 

7 minutes ago, Chewing Taffies said:

Can you not even give a few examples off the top of your head? You said it happens all the time. Surely you can do better than 1!

Shite memory these days when it comes to Dundee. Watch the games and then that's me switched off usually until the next game. Does McGowan piss me off most games? Yes . Have I failed in my mission . Yes.

Even Anderson I rave about but ask me what teams he has scored and did well against? Nae chance however has stuck with me I like him as a player 

Hopefully my 7s will be a success however this evening, dundee win tomoro and a win on the national. 

One can only hope. 

2 minutes ago, Fifespud said:

Watching the Hertz and been meaning to say for a while - Shay Logan might have been a good loanee for us?
Hearts are as bad as us at the back.

I'm sure someone said we were in for him, but he chose Hearts over us. Would probably run the show at RB compared to Elliott and Kerr.

12 minutes ago, Fifespud said:

Watching the Hertz and been meaning to say for a while - Shay Logan might have been a good loanee for us?
Hearts are as bad as us at the back.

Tried to watch that, and it was this chunts life story. FFS.

Prince Philip Leaving Hospital | Know Your Meme

ETA. f**k THE BBC.

Thank you.

Edited by Bigmouth Strikes Again

1 minute ago, Crawford said:

@Ludo*1 @Mr. Alli We normally go to Yummy Yummy in drybrugh, but they were not taking orders. Really recommend them.

Thanks for the advice lads on the other places.

Think Chens is known as the 'daddy' these days tbh.

37 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Since the first lockdown, I've noticed a substantial downturn in quality Chinese places in Dundee.

Tip Top, Pearl of Hong Kong, China Pot, The Moon, the horrific Jade Palace, the horrific Pan Asia, Chens, Golden Star, China China, Tak Awa and The Sampan have all been tried and come to mind (few others have as well).

Only Chens, Sampan and Tak Awa were anywhere near acceptable.

The Pearl of Hong Kong doesn’t have a freezer, so shouldn’t even be open. It’s also run by a wee fat cow with an attitude problem, and her husband who thinks he is in the triads. 

Eddie's Kitchen in Arbroath is where it's at. Missus made me go there once and it was the business.

Used to love the one down from the Jade Palace that was always 'shut' and were totally tax avoiders, but it was brilliant.

Friendlies used to be good - I hear they've moved to Arbroath and it isn't the same.

3 hours ago, Crawford said:

@Ludo*1 @Mr. Alli We normally go to Yummy Yummy in drybrugh, but they were not taking orders. Really recommend them.

Thanks for the advice lads on the other places.

Nah, Yummy yummy is just round the corner from me and drowns it in MSG, had a sore head for hours after.

Chens is decent.

1 hour ago, Fifespud said:

I’m guessing second is as good as we can hope for.

IMG_0340.jpg

Yeah, I tuned in for a bit hoping for more Hearts crumble to give us the slightest of hopes. That was crushed pretty convincingly.

Now got to hope Hearts are back on form as they've a few of our play off rivals coming up.

16 hours ago, johnnydun said:

Is this you getting settled in for our promotion as you have decided to support the good guys next season?

You don't see much in-fighting on this thread. No sir ee.

I would like to see some United-FC matches as the banter between United and FC fans (which doesn't happen nearly enough on the board) is always pretty good.

Although the banter on the last 5 pages of this thread would give any other club's infighting a run for its money. Relax, lads, you're on a league points streak.

Edited by AmericanFan

Eddie's Kitchen in Arbroath is where it's at. Missus made me go there once and it was the business.
Used to love the one down from the Jade Palace that was always 'shut' and were totally tax avoiders, but it was brilliant.
Friendlies used to be good - I hear they've moved to Arbroath and it isn't the same.

You have an encyclopaedic knowledge of Chinese Takeaways Ludo!