All things Dundee FC

2 hours ago, Fifespud said:

‘He’s white, he’s blue, he shat in Simon’s shoe, he’s Ian McCall, he’s Ian McCall’. Was the chant back in the day.

Wasn't it "He's blue, he's white, he'll fill your shoes with shite, he's Ian McCall..."

3 hours ago, Fifespud said:

‘He’s white, he’s blue, he shat in Simon’s shoe, he’s Ian McCall, he’s Ian McCall’. Was the chant back in the day.

Yeah, that's the chant I remember, however the story I recall it was indeed Jim Duffy's footwear that had been soiled, ie shat in!

Apparently the team bus was ready to leave the hotel in Aviemore when McCall was requested to leave the bus by Stainrod and join his bags at the side of the pavement.

The bus then duly pulled away.

Glorious! 

1 hour ago, This Charming Man said:

Yeah, that's the chant I remember, however the story I recall it was indeed Jim Duffy's footwear that had been soiled, ie shat in!

Apparently the team bus was ready to leave the hotel in Aviemore when McCall was requested to leave the bus by Stainrod and join his bags at the side of the pavement.

Glorious! 

😃

That's the type of thing Clough would have done.

Thank you.

45 minutes ago, Den Spark said:

Just got my new season ticket today and turned down the refund, 64 quid I think it was. Big hand to the boy next to me who turned down £100. True Dark Blue!

I’ve honestly no idea what I’d be due because I didn’t even bother to look into it. I always budget for my ST each year so I’m not missing the money. 

But I would never judge anyone who does take the refund. Not everyone is fortunate enough to be in the same circumstances as they were when they bought theirs. 

1 hour ago, This Charming Man said:

Glorious! 

It was 100% Stainrod’s boots. He also ransacked the room, mattress out the window etc. 

He basically got sacked on the spot and was told to find his own way home with no money etc not sure about the bus bit. 

He was a major loss to the club at the time. Great player/trainer. 

20 minutes ago, The Master said:

I’ve honestly no idea what I’d be due because I didn’t even bother to look into it. I always budget for my ST each year so I’m not missing the money. 

But I would never judge anyone who does take the refund. Not everyone is fortunate enough to be in the same circumstances as they were when they bought theirs. 

Its not from the club's pocket either. The insurer has covered this cost as a loss of earnings. That's why the club said monies not claimed will be assumed as a gift.

2 hours ago, This Charming Man said:

Glorious! 

1 hour ago, Yenitit said:

It was 100% Stainrod’s boots. He also ransacked the room, mattress out the window etc. 

He basically got sacked on the spot and was told to find his own way home with no money etc not sure about the bus bit. 

He was a major loss to the club at the time. Great player/trainer. 

Simon Ferry needs to get to the bottom of this classic Dark Blue folklore, lol.

I only recall the story which spread like wildfire around my work due to a feller in another department who also worked part-time at Dens Park at that time.

An extremely talented player however, that's not in doubt. 

Regards 

On 06/06/2021 at 23:23, ATLIS said:

Just before any fans start to get above their level and expect a finish above certain teams based on no logic.

We expect to finish above Livi based on the fact you're a fucking provincial little yellow pish stain on Scottish football.

Your group of ten teenagers who bang the drum repeatedly make Brogan and her Hamilton cronies look like the Sicilian mafia. To be fair you can be seen as similiar employing a drug lord as your manager. 

Seeing your bare stadium has been a nice slice of reality throughout lockdown in otherwise changed times however.

You'll be going down this season and i'll be the first to come and give you a wave goodbye. For now, toddle off.

Thank you.

In other news, my season ticket is purchased.

Roll on the new season with Tam Courts taking charge of the Angus terrors, Livi due to be relegated, Celtic appointing a fat Greek Gyros slayer and utter shite like St Johnstone falling like a stone after reaching the peak of their history.

That's without mentioning Charlie Fae Fintry having the best range of passing in the league, available only at Dens Park.

Thank you.

Edited by Dundee-FC92

In other news, my season ticket is purchased.
Roll on the new season with Tam Courts taking charge of the Angus terrors, Livi due to be relegated, Celtic appointing a fat Greek Gyros slayer and utter shite like St Johnstone falling like a stone after reaching the peak of their history.
That's without mentioning Charlie Fae Fintry having the best range of passing in the league, available only at Dens Park.
Thank you.
FB_IMG_1617633024395.jpeg