All things Dundee FC

29 minutes ago, Dee-funked said:

Not much in it to read but says Nelms is backing McPake to turn things around 🤦‍♂️

Jesus f**k. Get rid of him as well. Surely Keyes isn't going to continue to stand by while this buffoon fucks up appointment after appointment? 

What's the point in spending money and trying like f**k to get out of the Championship for a few seasons, only to then leave a completely out of his depth manager in place to completely f**k it all up in a single season? It could even be a half-season - if McPake is still around in January we'll probably be far too isolated to do anything about it. It's absolute fucking tinpot stuff. 

23 minutes ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

Surprised Strachan's not put a statement out, saying it would be nonsense to sack him.

Give it time 😂

46 minutes ago, Dee-funked said:

Not much in it to read but says Nelms is backing McPake to turn things around 🤦‍♂️

The silver lining is perhaps that a vote of confidence from the board usually shortly precedes the end of the manager.

Yogi’s looking like an improvement right now 🤦🏻‍♂️

Our club is easily the worst performing club in Scotland in the last 40 years in terms of fanbase size with only Falkirk even remotely running us close 🤦🏻‍♂️I think Motherwell have only been outside the top flight once in my lifetime 😂

I know this will be controversial for some but had a think about our back-line and here's my thoughts: 

Marshall is absolutely limited at LB and he does cost us goals, but with more protection he'd be better IMO. He's by far the most talented player in the squad when it comes to our back-line. I think it's an intentional tactic from McPake to make him an attacking wing-back with Cammy (or Elliott) being more of a full back. I honestly think that's where McPake's ( very flawed) logic of putting a 'wide midfielder' in McGowan on the wing for large spells rather than an out and out winger with McMullan able to do the attacking job on the other side much more freely as Cammy was solely focused on defensive responsibilities. 

That doesn't account for Wednesday though. That was just a complete shambles of an experiment. 

Basically, I think Marshall is the least of our worries in the back-line (even if he too is ultimately not up to the required standard) with the CH area and RB (despite Cammy being relatively alright lately) the key issues. Ashcroft is simply not good enough on a consistent basis and I feel he gets far too much of an easy ride at times because he has a tendency to put on a 'warrior' display such as against Aberdeen.

15 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

I know this will be controversial for some but had a think about our back-line and here's my thoughts: 

Marshall is absolutely limited at LB and he does cost us goals, but with more protection he'd be better IMO. He's by far the most talented player in the squad when it comes to our back-line. I think it's an intentional tactic from McPake to make him an attacking wing-back

It probably only looks that way because Marshall can't read a game and gets caught high all the time.

16 hours ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

Hiya Sandy, hiya pal.

Thank you.

Howdy Pal, here's a true story you might like.

Years back a welder was queueing behind a yank in an offshore galley, the yank as usual was complaining about the size of the portions, when he saw the baked potatoes he shouted out that back home in the good ole USA we grow potatoes three times that size.

Aye said the wee Scots welder we grow potatoes here in Scotland to fit our mouths too.

You're not a Yank Bigmouth are you?