All things Dundee FC

On 09/12/2021 at 13:17, Fifespud said:

Interesting watching the I Believe in Miracles documentary about Clough and Forest, which is brilliant by the way, to find that John Robertson playing wide on the left was the absolute fulcrum of the team. They won the European Cup twice on the bounce playing that way, get him in Jazzer.

On 09/12/2021 at 14:28, This Charming Man said:

Astonishing when you consider Montrose born John McGovern, captain of that Nottingham Forest team and lifted the European Cup twice, never gained a full international cap for Scotland.

Brian Clough however signed him for four different clubs, tells you everything.

Agree @Fifespud, a very interesting watch, also very different times.

Regards 

Watched this today, excellent. Get a fucking solid back four and build your team on that. Wonder if McPakes watched it.

Some brilliant tunes as well.

Can McPake keep us up?

Thank you.

That's bound to be though, considering the amount of shots on target he has had to deal with.
Look at McGregor, really shite save percentage but because the defence is doing it's job...

Not sure that’s how %’s work?

He’s definitely miles better than Flajack, of course he was utterly shite.

Stats eh. Apparently we are 2nd or 3rd best at defending crosses, or so they said on the radio last week.

We are working pretty hard, seem to be a ‘team’, which is all good. I just think all over the park, not just in defence, we are pretty mediocre. We are usually way behind on possession and to me that means the defence is going to be under pressure.

9 minutes ago, Yenitit said:

1 thing for certain for me is Cammy goes to left back and McGhee comes in at right back on Tuesday. Can’t continue with the left back being culpable game after game. A wee break out might do him a world of good. 

Can't agree with that one. I agree a wee break might do Marshall good, but our midfield would be too restricted if Adam is out and McGhee is at RB. Certainly wouldn't drop Marshall if it meant Elliott came into RB either.

5 hours ago, johnnydun said:

68 saves, however the most shots against at 98, probably highlights what we all know...

The problem is with the defence.

228531255_Screenshot_20211212-160337_SamsungInternet.thumb.jpg.91185eba649cb39825659eb45602d711.jpg

FWIW this is from the league this season. Where teams allow shots from.

326140424_allshots.thumb.png.1f15f53da15f5b1d39f90158d8aaf7a8.png

Edited by RandomGuy.

2 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

Can't agree with that one. I agree a wee break might do Marshall good, but our midfield would be too restricted if Adam is out and McGhee is at RB. Certainly wouldn't drop Marshall if it meant Elliott came into RB either.

Tbh I forgot about Charlie’s injury but 1 way or the other the left back needs dropped. 

Saturday was a chance to move up the table and rid ourselves of relegation fears for a bit.

When push comes to shove though our weaknesses are too great to overcome without new additions.

Legzdins is by no means a bad keeper but we need better. Far too many mistakes now. Apart from Sweeney I don't hold much hope for the rest of our back four either.

We've done really well to pick up so many points without Byrne, it's by no means been a bad patch but the thing that sits with me is going to Easter Road you already know a defeat is coming. Until that changes we're never going to progress.

Three or four needed in January none of which should be a striker. If we can pick up a few points until then we might be okay.

Thank you.

On a different note Mullen had a poorer game on Saturday and with three games in a week I'd love to see Cummings get a start again at Hibs.

Give the man a chance McPake - when starting up top he was brilliant at the seasons start for us. He was chucked out the team for no reason for an unfit Griffiths.

Thank you.

3 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

Certainly the first I'm hearing of this, sounds like pish.

Don't read the twitter shite, jnr texted me it, usernames look like Dundee supporters.

Fucking hope it is pish.

Edited by Bigmouth Strikes Again

7 minutes ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

Don't read the twitter shite, jnr texted me it, usernames look like Dundee supporters.

Fucking hope it is pish

Went on twitter, can only really see a couple of United fans chuckling about the thought. Charming.

I'm sure the Sc*m will leap on it if it's true, till then I think it's total pish.