All things Dundee FC

I hope we can find a way to accommodate Cummings. I'd have him over an unfit LG any day of the week. The nightmare scenario of course is JC getting punted in January and going somewhere like Cunty and scoring 10-12 goals in the second half of the season to keep them up, whilst we have an overweight, half-interested LG plodding about the park. That would be the most Dundee thing ever. 

Longer term, I hope McPake has some sort of plan on how to build the team once Adam decides to bin playing and coach full time. 

soccer-julian-speroni-testimonial-crystal-palace-v-dundee-selhurst-G863RE.thumb.jpg.c01fde15cfb8f9abbfcc5db80e77b6b0.jpg

Interesting watching the I Believe in Miracles documentary about Clough and Forest, which is brilliant by the way, to find that John Robertson playing wide on the left was the absolute fulcrum of the team. They won the European Cup twice on the bounce playing that way, get him in Jazzer.

1 hour ago, Fifespud said:

Interesting watching the I Believe in Miracles documentary about Clough and Forest, which is brilliant by the way, to find that John Robertson playing wide on the left was the absolute fulcrum of the team. They won the European Cup twice on the bounce playing that way, get him in Jazzer.

Astonishing when you consider Montrose born John McGovern, captain of that Nottingham Forest team and lifted the European Cup twice, never gained a full international cap for Scotland.

Brian Clough however signed him for four different clubs, tells you everything.

Agree @Fifespud, a very interesting watch, also very different times.

Regards 

Astonishing when you consider Montrose born John McGovern, captain of that Nottingham Forest team and lifted the European Cup twice, never gained a full international cap for Scotland.
Brian Clough however signed him for four different clubs, tells you everything.
Agree [mention=17349]Fifespud[/mention], a very interesting watch, also very different times.
Regards 

McGovern seemed like a pretty strong character. Kenny Burns, playing centre half won 2 European Cups and the English 1st Division only won 20 caps. Different times as you say.

37 minutes ago, Robin.Hood said:

IMG-20211210-WA0007.jpg

Doubt we can read anything much into that though, its just based on rumours and who people have put money down on.

There was a tweet on oldfirmfacts where a random punter got listed as a potential candidate with nothing more than a fake wiki page and one of his mates contacting a betting company to place a bet on him.

1 hour ago, locheedee said:

Doubt we can read anything much into that though, its just based on rumours and who people have put money down on.

There was a tweet on oldfirmfacts where a random punter got listed as a potential candidate with nothing more than a fake wiki page and one of his mates contacting a betting company to place a bet on him.

I've no doubt about this but this is probably where paper talk comes from etc. 

28 minutes ago, Boo Khaki said:

The only thing worrying about the prospect of losing McPake to Hibs is which complete and utter fud Nelms will replace him with.

He'd go in for Jack Ross and come out with Ross Jack.