All things Dundee FC

21 hours ago, RawB93 said:

IMG_7038.thumb.png.7dd2b571300f87ec307985ad209170e8.png

Of the two long-haired boys in the middle - I know the one on the right is a youth forward we signed last season - who’s on the left?

ETA: Just seen it's another youth, Marley Sweenie-Rowe who signed along with Mutale in Jan.

Euan signed June last year

6 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

Yeah, hoping it's just a nonsense rumour based on the feedback!

Hes not that bad, IMO.

View him as a Murray Davidson type, who can just batter about in midfield and pop up with goals (he should have more than he does IMO), and needs someone who can actually pass the ball forwards beside them.

More useful than someone like Byrne in the top flight, although I don't think Donnelly is good enough at sitting to play the DM role. Better than someone like Jordan McGhee as a box to box CM in the top flight too.

19 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Hes not that bad, IMO.

View him as a Murray Davidson type, who can just batter about in midfield and pop up with goals (he should have more than he does IMO), and needs someone who can actually pass the ball forwards beside them.

More useful than someone like Byrne in the top flight, although I don't think Donnelly is good enough at sitting to play the DM role. Better than someone like Jordan McGhee as a box to box CM in the top flight too.

This is kind of it.

I mean, there's not a lot wrong with the comments about him on our thread but at the same time he's not quite as bad as they read.

Ultimately he's been called up and played for the NI side, is their record appearance holder at u21 level and was a regular starter in a Motherwell side that finished 3rd* alongside Liam Polworth and Allan Campbell in our midfield.

Tbh, I think his season out with (knee) kind of did him as he wasn't quite the same after that.

He's the sort of player that might just click with Docherty in the same way O'Hara has with Robinson at St Mirren as no one quite knew what to do with him before this season either.

Edited by capt_oats

49 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Hes not that bad, IMO.

The expert has returned. 

Very interesting, now see if you can rearrange these 3 words into a phrase you’re surely very familiar with - you off f**k. 

Thank you

1 hour ago, This Charming Man said:

vincemennie.jpg.e8c4d0f6a77b07745388d2c5d0f1b95a.jpg

That brings back some memories TCM.  When I read in the papers at the time (no internet of course) that we had signed a player from Cologne (£80k rings a bell) I had high hopes.  I think it’s fair to say he wasn’t quite the player I was hoping for.

Always remember my best friend telling me the worst hoodwink he had. 

One of those wee bollards with a newspaper headline on it said, 'Dundee Make Big Signing!!!' on it and he ran all the way home, desperate to find out what superstar we had signed and it was Steve McCormick who was an absolute diddy but about 6ft5. 

21 minutes ago, Shadow Play said:

That brings back some memories TCM.  When I read in the papers at the time (no internet of course) that we had signed a player from Cologne (£80k rings a bell) I had high hopes.  I think it’s fair to say he wasn’t quite the player I was hoping for.

Good memory Shads, £80k it certainly was if I also remember correctly.

Highly rated he was in the German top league starring for Cologne. Can only assume that in the mid 80's Germany they adopted a slightly calmer and methodical approach to football, compared to the usual Scottish Premier League blood and snotter encounters of that era.

Clash of footballing cultures and indeed abilities curtailed Vince Mennie, James Grady he was not unfortunately.

Regards 

2 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Hes not that bad, IMO.

Nah, he’s absolutely dogshit. His performance when we got beat against Inverness in the cup is one of the worst I’ve ever seen - and it wasn’t a one off.