All things Dundee FC

It's hard to think of any appealing candidates should Hartley get punted.

Agree. But a deal to the end of the season for someone like Alex McCleish might suit both parties.

Could put him in the shop window for a bigger job by doing well for us, and give us time to find a longer term solution.

TBH, the lack of actual football knowledge in our boardroom worries me about any potential appointment.

Well yeah, but more often than not when you play like that you'll lose, while your manager was actively encouraging you to time waste at 0-0 in the first half.

If we score one goal and keep a clean sheet we will more often than not lose?

Wot m8?

Can everyone please settle the f**k down. Other than the shite result at Inverness our other defeats have been against the teams currently occupying the top four slots in the league. Our next four games against St J, Partick, Hamilton and Motherwell will give us a better idea of where we're at.

If we're rooted to the bottom after those games then it's time to go into full panic mode.

Whilst I'm here can I enquiry as to how Dundee can be bottom of the league with Mark O'Iniesta playing in the attacking midfield role? Surely the league table is wrong?

We've been utilising him all over in a pinch. He's excelled when played at CM but we've too many half decent CM's and shite in loads of other areas so hos flexibility has came in handy.

Can everyone please settle the f**k down. Other than the shite result at Inverness our other defeats have been against the teams currently occupying the top four slots in the league. Our next four games against St J, Partick, Hamilton and Motherwell will give us a better idea of where we're at.

If we're rooted to the bottom after those games then it's time to go into full panic mode.

I think Hartleys win percentage has to be questioned Dee Man. Of the four teams you mentioned above, we have failed to beat two of those already.

I would give him the next two games, no wins and thank you Mr Hartley, but time to go.

14 minutes ago, K.T said:

I'm pretty sure I read a while ago that Jocky was manager of a dry cleaners. What a CV he must have handed in.

I have it on good authority that he swaggered into the dry cleaners and threw an A4 sheet of paper onto the boss's desk which simply read 'EH'M IN FUCKIN CHERGE NOO CUNTO'.

12 minutes ago, Caballero said:

I think Hartleys win percentage has to be questioned Dee Man. Of the four teams you mentioned above, we have failed to beat two of those already.

I would give him the next two games, no wins and thank you Mr Hartley, but time to go.

Aye but bear in mind those games were at the start of the season and our best players got punted towards the end of the summer which didn't give us much chance to get a team together. I'm not worried yet. Like I said though, if there's not a good few more points on the board after the next 4 games I'll be like this...

unnamed (2).gif

Throw ins today were very poor in my opinion. Far too often, no matter where they were taken, the ball ended up back with a defender or Bain.  

Seriously lacking players wanting to get onto the ball and drive forward.  All too often there were numerous passes across the back  / midfield only for the move to finish with a long ball up the park.  Seeing as there was only El Back and Yordi up front it was too easy for Hearts to deal with.  Dundee's passing success % must be pretty high.  Only problem being very few of the passes were meaningful.

Hartley saying he was impressed with Dundee's delivery at set pieces.  Sorry can't agree with that.

Yordi needs a goal now.  Had two great chances, one with a shot and one with a header but didn't make the most of either.  He was looking better today though against a pretty physical defence.

Rant over.  Not getting too down hearted yet.  We all knew after the Inverness game there was a good chance we would be bottom of the table today due to the last two rounds of fixtures.  Next few games will be vital though.