All things Dundee FC

36 minutes ago, DieDee said:

Thought there were enough good signs today. El Bak playing off Yordi looks likely to come good as a combo. Hopefully Kerr's performance will convince any lingering doubters that he is our nail on right back - not the finished article but getting better every week. Bain coming for crosses again was a real bonus too, if he's going to progress he needs to do that a lot more. Williams (I'm not a fan of) really helped with adding dig and pace in front of Holt (like him but can't cope with pace). And most of all - no Ross or Loy in the starting line up. Tough games coming up but Hartley looks to be picking a line up to suit our strengths at last

Spot on. Yordi won every single high ball and was superb, Gomis also looks a class act.

Yup, Gomis was class once again. O'Dea and Gomis is a really strong centre back pairing. Holt done OK alongside them too.

Same team at Hearts for me (Hateley for Low if anything)

A gripe for me is why Low was on corners today. Rubbish floated ball after rubbish floated ball. Williams had two assists out of three from corners and should be on them.

Thank you.

5 minutes ago, Dundee-FC92 said:

Yup, Gomis was class once again. O'Dea and Gomis is a really strong centre back pairing. Holt done OK alongside them too.

Same team at Hearts for me (Hateley for Low if anything)

A gripe for me is why Low was on corners today. Rubbish floated ball after rubbish floated ball. Williams had two assists out of three from corners and should be on them.

Thank you.

Totally agree with you Dundee-FC92 about Low. Even I can float crosses and free kicks into the box!  The real skill is putting them in accurately at pace.  I don't think the midfield can have both Low and McGowan in it and I would definitely prefer to have McGowan in. Hately would be an improvement over Low.

I thought Dundee were pretty decent today, the guy up top, Teijese? Looks a bit raw but will probably come good. I thought Bain had a good game, Kerr and Gomis were also impressive for me. First ever time at Dens today, probably won't be the last as it was a fairly enjoyable day out even though the game itself wasn't great. I'd definitely be in amongst the home support next time though.

Yordi worked his arse off all game,won almost everything in the air and made a nuisance of himself,he can only get better with more game time.

Totally agree. He brings a bit of physicality to us.

I'd keep Low in for next game, for the same reason. I think he needs games for us to see the best of him.

McGowan out for Hately?? :(

Seen Low take a fair bit of criticism for yesterday's performance. His delivery wasn't the best but he gave it his all and provided that extra wee bit of dig in midfield that McGowan and O'Hara weren't providing

You lot are just us from a few years back. You'll need to accept that shitfesting 1-0 victories is your best hope of a half successful season, as you've nothing up front.

He was winning headers most of the game. However el bak and everyone else was no where to be seen. Not sure what else he could do to be honest

This pretty much sums up where I feel some of our problems have been this season in that we have barely managed a settled team.

Yordi and El Bak have the potential to be a good pairing but they will need time to work on that. Stewart and Hemmings only worked so fast for us due to their previous time at Cowdenbeath.

Totally agree. He brings a bit of physicality to us.

I'd keep Low in for next game, for the same reason. I think he needs games for us to see the best of him.

McGowan out for Hately?? [emoji20]

I know it's not a universal opinion but I think it's O'Hara who has to make way. To me he's just a big centre half playing in midfield. Not skilful enough. It reminds me of Roy Aitken playing in midfield for Scotland. We should be trying to develop him into as good a CH as he can be and stop kidding ourselves. A couple of early season goals masked the truth.

I disagree. I think O'Hara has all the attributes to be our next Gavin Rae. Playing him as a number 10/right winger isn't the way forward but I think has been done to give Cammy a wee bit more protection.

I'd rather see O Hara and Hateley in there, probably with any one of Low, Ross or McGowan. I know McGowan is a favourite and I appreciate why but the 360° spin does my head in. If we're sticking with 3-5-2 I would be giving O'Hara Hateley and a.n.other a bash.