All things Dundee FC

2 minutes ago, G_Man1985 said:

On a half serious note.

Who in our team right now if they were all going out of contract at the end of the summer is worth a 3 year deal ?

Bain, Wighton, O'Hara and Duffy for me. Bain for ability and the other three just for potential and being relatively youthful.

In the same scenario, I'd be making instant effort to retain Holt, O'Dea, Hateley (assuming he comes up to his ability level demonstrated at Motherwell), El Baktaoui and Gomis. Not writing any of the other guys off and saying I'd release them but I don't feel we'd be at a real threat of losing them right now and I'm not entirely convinced that they'd be value for money yet.

I don't really know what's going on with McPake but I get the impression that it was a more BOD decision than Hartley. Genuinely wouldn't be surprised to see a McPake managed Dundee team in 12-24 months.

By my calculations Gomis, Gadzhalov, Nick Ross and Mitchell are the main squad members who are out of contract at the end of this season. Three of whom I'd be hoping we can tie up again (Although I wouldn't be heartbroken in regards to Ross). Mitchell I'm nonplussed about. I don't think he'll be good enough to become number one when Bain leaves.

2 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

We've got Marcus Haber on trial. Ex-St Johnstone. His strike rate throughout his career is piss poor so I'm not overly impressed.

The thing about Marcus is he used to be a defender. Vancouver switched him to a striker as he was breaking through.  Think like playing Lee Wilkie up front, then shrink him to half his size and you'll get the picture. 

Just now, tree house tam said:

The thing about Marcus is he used to be a defender. Vancouver switched him to a striker as he was breaking through.  Think like playing Lee Wilkie up front, then shrink him to half his size and you'll get the picture. 

Very interesting.

Not to fussed about haber to be honest think he'll be a hot or miss really we only really think he's shite cause he played for st Johnstone .....and his lack of goals if he chips in a few assists I think it'll be worth it

Not to fussed about haber to be honest think he'll be a hot or miss really we only really think he's shite cause he played for st Johnstone .....and his lack of goals if he chips in a few assists I think it'll be worth it

No.

Kinda important for a striker though.

Cant remember him at all, cant be a good sign.

Admittedly I know he haw about him only he's tall and used to play for saints so I havnt a scoob if he has any(if any) strengths about him