All things Dundee FC

1 minute ago, harry94 said:

Please please no!

Please, please yes - If we do get rid of Hartley (And I'm still not 100% convinced we should) then Duffy wouldn't be the worst appointment in the world.

Just now, Ludo*1 said:

Please, please yes - If we do get rid of Hartley (And I'm still not 100% convinced we should) then Duffy wouldn't be the worst appointment in the world.

Jim Jefferies wouldn't be the worst appointment in the world but that doesn't mean it should happen! I do get the possible argument for Duffy but I think his time has passed and I don't think it's a particularly healthy thing to bring someone back in these sorts of circumstances. I think fans would turn on him very easily.

No idea who I would go for if Hartley were to go but I'd like to throw Nigel Adkins name into the mix.

Just now, harry94 said:

Jim Jefferies wouldn't be the worst appointment in the world but that doesn't mean it should happen! I do get the possible argument for Duffy but I think his time has passed and I don't think it's a particularly healthy thing to bring someone back in these sorts of circumstances. I think fans would turn on him very easily.

No idea who I would go for if Hartley were to go but I'd like to throw Nigel Adkins name into the mix.

Jim Jefferies probably would be the worst appointment in the world.

His time has passed? His managerial stock is probably the highest it's ever been recently. Nigel Adkins knows nothing about Scottish football, has completely flopped in his last 2 jobs, taking Sheffield United to their lowest ever finish last season and would likely command an absolutely massive wage.

3 minutes ago, G_Man1985 said:

A lot on here before today's game were on about leaving him until the end of season. Why the change of heart after today's game ?
That question is based at those who believes in him.

Because today there was not one ounce of fight, not one player took responsibility, time and time again players went into hiding and I've not seen as poor a performance since we were in the first division. I still don't think we should punt Hartley, but failure to pick up 3 points on Wednesday would be criminal and would look like a very early death knell.

I've always maintained Hartley should have the luxury of being safe in this job unless he had us in a relegation battle. Today confirmed that this isn't just a mere 'blip', there's serious issues.

Where do you start? The 2 players in our squad best suited to the wing back role are Kerr and Holt and he leaves Kerr (who has unbounded enthusiasm and energy) out altogether and plays Holt in the middle. Then we have Vincent, Williams and Ross who looks absolutely shïte. Hateley looks half finished to me, neither wing back offered any width to the game whatsoever. Gomis looks completely clueless also. I give Bain, O'Dea, Holt pass marks. Yordi put in a decent shift, don't think we can expect too much more from him, of course had he slotted the 1 brilliant chance we had the game may have turned. They are totally lacking in confidence. Particularly Williams who let the ball go out for a throw in with nobody near him, I'd say because he was too frightened to run with it. Too many weird signings, the players don't seem to know the plan, it's hard to see the way forward.
God knows who would replace Hartley if he goes. He's an obnoxious little fucker but could a Billy Davies get us out of this desperate situation?

Because today there was not one ounce of fight, not one player took responsibility, time and time again players went into hiding and I've not seen as poor a performance since we were in the first division. I still don't think we should punt Hartley, but failure to pick up 3 points on Wednesday would be criminal and would look like a very early death knell.

I've always maintained Hartley should have the luxury of being safe in this job unless he had us in a relegation battle. Today confirmed that this isn't just a mere 'blip', there's serious issues.

The players we have with fight are Low, Kerr and McGowan. They might not be the best (I'd argue no worse than most of the rest) but on sheer grit alone they've got to be on the park when fit.

Didnt make todays game, bur from the reports I have read, we were terrible. Its no surprise, we have been absolutely shite this year, this season is going to be dreadful.

We are almost at the point of no return, we need at least 4 points from our next two games. We are doing what Utd did last season, its obvious where this ends, unless we start picking up results within the next few weeks.

The club need to start thinking about changes, and they need to implement these changes if we are still bottom come November.

Can we not turn back the clock, I miss Harkins, Stewart and Hemmings, it was never going to easy to replace them, but our signings are the worst in the league. That simply isnt good enough.

35 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Jim Jefferies probably would be the worst appointment in the world.

His time has passed? His managerial stock is probably the highest it's ever been recently. Nigel Adkins knows nothing about Scottish football, has completely flopped in his last 2 jobs, taking Sheffield United to their lowest ever finish last season and would likely command an absolutely massive wage.

Jim Duffy has managed a full-time team in a mostly part-time league and won promotion. In the following season, he has consolidated and stayed up ahead of the part time sides in the league. That was a good achievement but it wasn't really entirely unexpected for a club like Morton.

This year, he's achieved a League Cup semi final and beaten one top flight club in the process. That was good also and reaching the semi-final of the cup is something that he should be proud of but it's not really something that persuades me of anything tbh. He's had a long managerial career and I like the guy but I'm not entirely convinced that he's done anything worthy of a top flight appointment again. He's not exactly got a good record with relegation and the club!

Adkins is just a thought and I don't know how obtainable it would be but his last two jobs were under complex ownership and unlucky timing that never really gave him the tools to do the job. I don't know a lot about him but my motivation for mentioning him was that he always impressed me in interviews and he did undoubtedly have a part to play in the careers of many top Premiership players these days. Having managed/played in Scotland isn't really a necessity to me if they could demonstrate that they have a good football understanding and the humility to surround themselves with someone to fill those gaps.

I would definitely be doing a proper interview process and inviting managers from down south to apply. There will likely be a lot of Jim Gannon applications but there could be an interesting name or two pop up.

1 minute ago, dundeefc1783 said:

Would John Hughes be such a ridiculous shout.

Yes the football isn't always the easiest on the eye but his teams are strong and have a bit of fight about them. And he is available.

Our form is dreadful, anyone would be an improvement.

1 minute ago, tree house tam said:

Canny take anything Harry94 says seriously now, ventured onto dark blues forum and he's saying man for man Dundee are as good as St Johnstone :lol:

I'll let you into a wee secret sweetcheeks, no they're not. 

I never said anything like that?