All things Dundee FC

3 hours ago, TrevorMcD said:

Just to let folk know if anybody knew him personally, Dee Dee has sadly passed away. 

Truly heartbreaking news. I had the pleasure of meeting him 3 times thanks to p&b and he was an absolute gentleman. Great guy and a true lad.

RIP Bruce.

James McPake has signed a new 3 year deal. I see people are kicking up about this. It's abundantly clear that whether he plays again or not - he's got a big future at Dens so don't really see what the fuss is. A bit of job security as a reward for a player who's battled every day to come back from a career threatening injury after 9 months out on his first day back training.

Good bit of business I reckon. I just hope he's got the potential off the pitch as the board and Hartley view him as having as this deal implies we see him as our next manager once Hartley's had another season or two with us.

Im more than happy with it. Its pretty clear to me that the full 3 years is not a playing deal. He os far on in his badges and I think is very well thought of by fellow players and staff at the club too.

Really hope he makes a full recovery and plays some more football before he retires. Been excellent for us and is an absolute warrior and a nice guy along with it.

James McPake has signed a new 3 year deal. I see people are kicking up about this. It's abundantly clear that whether he plays again or not - he's got a big future at Dens so don't really see what the fuss is. A bit of job security as a reward for a player who's battled every day to come back from a career threatening injury after 9 months out on his first day back training.

Good bit of business I reckon. I just hope he's got the potential off the pitch as the board and Hartley view him as having as this deal implies we see him as our next manager once Hartley's had another season or two with us.

I'm sorry but this is another in the totally bizarre category.

There is absolutely no need for this length of deal. Sure look after players when they're injured but a 3 year deal for a guy who has played 50ish average games for us. This is like hosing away the Hemmings transfer fee on a crocked player with no coaching experience whatsoever. This is money that we, the fans cough up every week.

In the position we are in, both in the league and financially this is madness.

I'm sorry but this is another in the totally bizarre category.

There is absolutely no need for this length of deal. Sure look after players when they're injured but a 3 year deal for a guy who has played 50ish average games for us. This is like hosing away the Hemmings transfer fee on a crocked player with no coaching experience whatsoever. This is money that we, the fans cough up every week.

In the position we are in, both in the league and financially this is madness.

I disagree. We don't know the terms of the deal. For all we know, we've added extra years to the deal so that we could bring down his monthly basic wage.

McPake has been earning his stripes coaching wise for the past 5 years on and off. He currently has all his badges bar the Uefa Pro Licence which is the last one you need to earn if you're to manage a top flight club. He's also been undertaking scouting missions for us and he's been in charge of the U20s as manager so is getting experience through that.

If we were to hand say Bobby Geddes a new three year deal - no-one would bat an eyelid whereas McPake will now be covering as a player and the board see him as a potential future manager.

I think it's prudent business tbh and shows the faith the board have in not just Hartley or McPake but what their vision for the future for the club.

It's with sadness we hear
Within the p&b family you were held dear
The ribbing of Danger
The man who's ribs to him are a stranger

Great laughs were had
Interrupted by that Boredumguy clown
His tedium really quite sad

May i leave a great quote from the much loved DeeDee:

'Arabs here, Arabs there, Arab b*****ds everywhere. Granny Danger, baldy heided c**t.'

2 hours ago, Dundee-FC92 said:

May i leave a great quote from the much loved DeeDee:

'Arabs here, Arabs there, Arab b*****ds everywhere. Granny Danger, baldy heided c**t.'

That made me laugh way more than it should have.

RIP Dee Dee