All things Dundee FC

9 hours ago, Derry boy said:

Aye nippy wee fucker, was excellent for us if I remember correctly

Yes, really rated him. Was studying at Dundee Uni that season 08-09 which is why I chose the Dees in the first place. :thumsup2

12 hours ago, RawB93 said:

Georgios Efrem scored in the Europa league tonight. Remember him?..

We took him and Andrew Shinnie from Rangers on loan. Both good players for us and remember being disappointed when Efrem moved on. Think he only played a few games before going to Greece or Turkey or somewhere similar, and Shinnie stayed on a little longer... also think that was Jocky that got them in from his pal Valter Schmeeth?

Fat c**t, thon Valter boy.

Shinnie was too lightweight at the time but you could see he was a player. Went back to Rangers then onto Inverness where they got the best out of him. Got his move down south but don't know if it was successful or not, guessing it wasn't that great if he's back up at Hibs.

Shinnie was too lightweight at the time but you could see he was a player. Went back to Rangers then onto Inverness where they got the best out of him. Got his move down south but don't know if it was successful or not, guessing it wasn't that great if he's back up at Hibs.

Personally thought Shinnie was excellent and the "lightweight" comments annoyed me at the time. Not finished article at Dens obviously but he improved that team in my view.

Things were looking pretty shit for us until those late goals today.

Yeah was sitting in the boozer thinking this myself but luckily they goals went in. Today and Wednesday are massive for us. Can't let shite like Killie open up a gap on us.

This is easily the worst football I've seen Dundee play in my lifetime of supporting them.

I'm starting to think that I've just been fooling myself into thinking we've a half decent bunch of players which have been ill-utilised. This now looks to be more of a serious problem than it appeared to be at first.

Most of the players don't even look like they give a f**k.

1 minute ago, SweeperDee said:

Has my support for one more game.

Can we afford to give him the next game? Absolute 6-pointer on Wednesday. 

My view has changed.  Sure it was a tough run of fixtures but save for most of the second half last week there's been no fight, no attempt to even compete. 

The performances have clearly been nowhere near good enough but a lot of folk (myself included) have given a bit of leeway for the past few games because we've been playing Aberdeen, Celtic and Hearts who're all better than us. We can't afford to lose against Hamilton or Thistle, and should really be looking to win at least one of them. I really want him to succeed here, if things don't pick up soon enough though we're going to be forced into change before we're fucked at the bottom. 

If they get pumped on Wed he has to go, first round of fixtures complete and the mirror set coming up more difficult. One goal from open play since the first game I think. Losing habit developing. He is ultimately responsible. If he feels the board aren't backing him he should have the balls to say so and/or walk.