All things Dundee FC

Fans arguing amongst one another.
In my opinion we could do a lot worse than Jim Duffy.
I don't think he is the answer but I certainly don't think John Hughes is either. His name was getting put around before and many of us were telling him to f**k off. That stance has changed ?

Why is Hughes such a bad thing?

Has a far superior record at this level to PH and JIm Duffy

On 06/08/2015 at 15:19, K.T said:

It'll be a sad day when Hartley goes :(

On 06/08/2015 at 15:38, SweeperDee said:

Hartley will get the Celtic job when Delia gets sacked.

On 06/08/2015 at 17:22, Moo said:

At least when Pep goes we'll have a decent wad of compensation to lure someone from another club.

Some tremendous posts from last year, this is my favourite though...

On 06/08/2015 at 15:29, Ludo*1 said:

And no doubt if Morton got to the play-offs we'd have the horrific Jim Duffy shouts.

Duffy? Jeffries? f**k me sideways. This is mental. There's no point in canning the manager if the replacement options are a joke.

This is exactly the kind of thinking that's seen us largely in the toilet for the past twenty odd years.

Fucking hell [emoji23][emoji23]

12 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Some tremendous posts from last year, this is my favourite though...

Undoubtedly, there's probably more golden nuggets from myself from as little as a couple of months ago in the Morton threads to be found.

It was just pure emotion that was pouring from myself on this board earlier on. I don't think Duffy is the answer but I was fed up of the eye-bleedingly awful football we've been subjected to this season and that culminated in one of the worst performances we've given since we were in darker times in the First. Duffy, rightly or wrongly, for all his failings always attempted to play attacking football and my shout for him was because his stock is high at the moment and his teams generally speaking try to take the game to the opposition rather than faffing about for half an hour passing it around our own 18 yard box.

Hartley did have us playing good football, but today was reminiscent of some of the stuff we played under Bomber in the Championship, just extremely laboured with zero attacking intent.

Duffy? Jeffries? f**k me sideways. This is mental. There's no point in canning the manager if the replacement options are a joke.

This is exactly the kind of thinking that's seen us largely in the toilet for the past twenty odd years.

Fucking hell [emoji23][emoji23]

If performances don't improve soon and we're still in serious threat of relegation then there clearly is a point in canning the manager.

Just because some of the names mentioned on here don't inspire doesn't mean that all the options are a joke. A job in the top flight would get a lot of interest, there's bound to be a decent option out there

Rather eerie how similar this is to us last season and looks to be headed in a similar direction based on what people are saying here.

It's difficult because based on what he's achieved it would seem at least from an outsiders perspective that Hartley deserves time to turn it around, however most outsiders would also have said that about McNamara.

I would have thought give it a couple more games to see if they can get some confidence and if not get rid and go for someone like Stuart McCall or possibly Stubbs. I think either Hughes or Duffy would be hilarious but an utter shambles.

Do hope it's an automatic relegation though and you're not even in the playoffs. Couldn't face the prospect of another do or die match between us.

If only Dundalk hadn't done so well in Europe maybe Stephen Kenny could've been an option. I know he failed with Dunfermline but that was a wee while ago now and he'll have no doubt learned and his Dundalk team just clinched League of Ireland tonight. Think he'll have loftier ambitions though...

FWIW I still think we should keep Hartley for now

If only Dundalk hadn't done so well in Europe maybe Stephen Kenny could've been an option. I know he failed with Dunfermline but that was a wee while ago now and he'll have no doubt learned and his Dundalk team just clinched League of Ireland tonight. Think he'll have loftier ambitions though...

FWIW I still think we should keep Hartley for now

I'm still for Hartley but holy f**k his signings this season are just bizarre. The purpose of a transfer window is to make your team stronger but how in the hell he thought to get Vincent and Williams is beyond me and a pre contract at that I doubt yogi had his telephone ringing of the hook for them