All things Dundee FC

Five years ago today Dundee won the Challenge Cup Final against Caley. I was in the Dundee end. Some second half comeback from the Dee. Pretty sure Harkins scored that day?

Great match. Think Higgins and Ritchie Hart scored as well. Might be totally wrong though.

I completely forgot Imrie was sent off on the last minute. What a fanny. It was a great match.

I spoke to Imrie a few weeks back and reminded him about that game. He said he'd only been on the pitch about 3 mins as well. I also asked him why he took so much pleasure and ran right up to the away end after scoring against The Dee for Morton at the end of last season and he said it was because he was getting so much abuse from Dundee fans. He's either a compulsive liar or has got voices in his head. I'll go for both.

Five years ago today Dundee won the Challenge Cup Final against Caley. I was in the Dundee end. Some second half comeback from the Dee. Pretty sure Harkins scored that day?

My accumulator came in that day as well, it wasn't a massive one (I think 2 games were cancelled) but I took about a ton of the bookies. Definitely a day to remember :)

I ended up only getting in to the game at half time due to being half pished and not realising the time whilst sitting in the boozer (some wee place on a corner of south street). So I didn't have to witness the shite, only the comeback. I like to think I was the catalyst for the turnaround....

How good is Greg Stewart BTW? The boy is top class we coukd end up making a bit of dosh on him, he's only 24, great find from the race track!

I think we've signed him at the right time. He's probably a wee bit too old to get a move down south and his best years will come in his late 20s. It may be that we get to keep him for a long time if we stay in this league unless he's desperate to try and go down south. Can't believe this is his first full time side!

How many have Aberdeen sold?

I couldn't think of much worse to spend £25 on than a 12:15 kick off for a game that's on the telly.

Is this the first year too flight teams have entered the cup this early? Was it not early January usually?

Nah it's always been the Third/Fourth round (they added in more non league sides and added in an extra earlier round in between rounds two and three) and third/fourth was played in January. A couple of years ago, they decided to move this round to help accommodate a winter break for a season and it seems to have stuck.