All things Dundee FC

Not surprised in the slightest.

If convicted again, he's looking at some pretty serious prison time. We are well rid.

Aye, I had began to doubt the decision to release him given his excellent form but seems you're right.

Just a waste, cause he is a cracking player.

Bloody hell, Gowser. :unsure:

I wouldn't blame Dundee for sticking by him this season until the trial (let's face it, we did the same) - and he's hardly Ched Evans, is he?

Genuine question: Would Dundee fans want him to remain at the club if he was found guilty and given a short sentence that only lasted for part of the off-season? Ie he was fine to start pre-season as normal next season?

It's such a shame. Great player, lovely to watch, but he's clearly some sort of unstoppable moron. :(

He will defo get jailed if found guilty, this is his 3rd police assault charge. Silly boy. Saying that I would keep him as he will probably get 6 months and do 3. He'll be out for pre-season training.

Isn't it his second police assault charge? The last one was two officers but counted as one I think.

Not awfully touchy, I knew exactly what you meant, just the same as you knew what I meant on the Paul Paton thread when I said charged instead of convicted and you got all high and mighty claiming I didn't know my legal jargon. Or something.

I don't forget, cunto.

Clearly not.

:lol:

Innocent until proven guilty IMO; should continue to play for Dundee though I imagine he will get some stick from opposition fans.

It wouldn't surprise me if its true; he has two previous convictions for assaulting police officers. That suggests a pattern. Dundee FC can have no complaints either; they knew his history when they signed him.

On a related note; like many others I am a huge admirer of Barcelona FC (or FC Barcelona if you're pretentious). I think they made a huge mistake signing Suarez because I'm fairly certain he will bite someone again and get a ban for christ knows how long. If that happens the club should have no complaint.

If McGowan gets the jail, he'll have breached his contract. This isn't the first time and he isn't a young laddie. Third time he's attacked the police, and if he's found guilty I'll not lose any sleep if we punt him, no matter how good he is. No sympathy whatsoever. Until the trial though, nothing changes. We back the player. Innocent till proven guilty.