All things Dundee FC

According to Fifa 15, Stewart is on a 7 year deal already. I'm slightly suspicious of this though given that this is what Benedictus looks like;

ImageUploadedByPie & Bovril1417538198.023182.jpg

Hartley coming out of retirement?

Aye, where is Tripper these days? I think he took the light-hearted abuse a bit personally. Someone sound the Tripc0de horn...

Anyone got the thread from the end of last season where Jamie Reid's grandad went mental and then ended up apologising bookmarked anywhere? Or at least remembers the name of it? That was golden reading

Aye, who was that again? Grunter? That was phenomenal reading. Think it was Jamie's dad that got wind of it and told him to delete the posts and apologise for being a dick.

Posted this on TDB forum. Thought I'd share it here too. Feel free to just post the answers on thread.

1. When Jim Lauchlan was on trial at the club, who was the other trialist vying for a deal in the same position?

2. Which Trinidadian goalkeeper did Ivano Bonetti bring to the club on a loan deal?

3. Which English centre half did we sign up in 2006 and had previously played in Scotland for Livingston and Motherwell?

4. Which now-former Brechin City manager were we denied permission to speak to before we appointed Jocky Scott as manager for the third time?

5. In David Farrell's short stint as caretaker manager, what was the name of the Italian striker he brought in on trial?

6. Which two former Dundee players did Alex Rae turn down after having them on trial? Hint: One was from Trinidad, the other from Spain.

7. Finally, which French midfield maestro formerly of Hearts was also turned down by Alex Rae during this period?

Posted this on TDB forum. Thought I'd share it here too. Feel free to just post the answers on thread.

1. When Jim Lauchlan was on trial at the club, who was the other trialist vying for a deal in the same position?

2. Which Trinidadian goalkeeper did Ivano Bonetti bring to the club on a loan deal?

3. Which English centre half did we sign up in 2006 and had previously played in Scotland for Livingston and Motherwell?

4. Which now-former Brechin City manager were we denied permission to speak to before we appointed Jocky Scott as manager for the third time?

5. In David Farrell's short stint as caretaker manager, what was the name of the Italian striker he brought in on trial?

6. Which two former Dundee players did Alex Rae turn down after having them on trial? Hint: One was from Trinidad, the other from Spain.

7. Finally, which French midfield maestro formerly of Hearts was also turned down by Alex Rae during this period?

1. George Santos

2. Clayton Ince

3. Greg Strong (make shift forward)

4. Michael O'Neil? (only other Brechin manager I can remember at that sort of time was Jim Weir but sure we didn't approach him)

5. No idea.

6. Brent Sancho and Kiko Torres

7. Julien Brellier or someone Beuzelin?

harry94, on 03 Dec 2014 - 17:18, said:

1. George Santos

2. Clayton Ince

3. Greg Strong (make shift forward)

4. Michael O'Neil? (only other Brechin manager I can remember at that sort of time was Jim Weir but sure we didn't approach him)

5. No idea.

6. Brent Sancho and Kiko Torres

7. Julien Brellier or someone Beuzelin?

1-4 correct as is answer 6.

Beuzelin and Brellier are wrong. Beuzelin was at Hibs and is now Dumbarton's assistant manager I think.

Deeboy, on 03 Dec 2014 - 17:53, said:

I've had a look through Hearts player list, the only one I can see who'd fit is someone Stephane Dedebant?

Not him. The player in question played for Hearts from 2002-04.

Ill take a stab at Valois. My wee bro thought he was the greatest player since maradonna and I seem to recall him having a shit fit when we knocked back the chance to sign him?

Not sure of the dates match up though

Humf, on 03 Dec 2014 - 18:31, said:

Ill take a stab at Valois. My wee bro thought he was the greatest player since maradonna and I seem to recall him having a shit fit when we knocked back the chance to sign him?

Not sure of the dates match up though

Yep, that's the one. I was disappointed when we never signed him as well!