All things Dundee FC

1 minute ago, G_Man1985 said:

Yet you could probably name more weaknesses. I struggled to think of what he is better at than other keepers in this league. I think personally we should try get some money for him. We do like to give players away for free however so yeh could see him here for another year so would be good for fans to back him while he is here. I personally believe we can do better than him ( Mannus of St.J I rate higher than Bain)

I disagree Gman, 

When Bain is full of confidence and focused he is easily in the top 3-4 in this league. 

He is not perfect, but he is a strong keeper in our league.

Much of muchness for me. Mannus is definitely the best out the 3.

He could also be available for you boys by next week.

Nah he's got the gloves back and the competition is keeping him sharp. I've no doubts he'll stay another season and then Clark takes over.

1 hour ago, tree house tam said:

Much of muchness for me. Mannus is definitely the best out the 3.

He could also be available for you boys by next week.

Heard a few weeks back that Mannus has signed a pre contract with us, with the agreement that if we got relegated the contract got ripped up. 

Heard a few weeks back that Mannus has signed a pre contract with us, with the agreement that if we got relegated the contract got ripped up. 

I'd heard that he was at Dens but hadn't signed anything. Similar rumours about Motherwell too.

I suppose he can take his time.

So what players does everyone want to come in for next season? I want goalkeeper mannus from st Johnstone. Moult from Motherwell would be a good signing but he probably going to newco or down England

If ICT do go down we could do worse than get Billy McKay.

Bain is fairly average, although I feel we've been blessed with fairly decent keepers over the years.

On another note, if Greg Stewart returns to Scotland but not to Dundee I will cry. And I mean full on William Wallace being hung in Braveheart tears.

Scott Bain on his day is one of the best goalkeepers in Scotland. I think he's probably let down a bit by his height, but as has been mentioned when it comes to shot stopping there's not many better.

If ICT do go down we could do worse than get Billy McKay.

He will have lead the frontline for two consecutive seasons of relegation. I wouldn't be overly thrilled by signing him.