The Northern Ireland Euro 2016 Qualifying Thread

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just heard on SSN they threw a firework at a photographer, it burned through his jacket then exploded at his feet, destroying his camera

The photographer is claiming that it came from behind him, but the indications from numerous fans who were at the game and sitting in that section are that it definitely came from the Romania fans, who spent a large part of the match fighting with each other.

I guess we'll have to wait and see?

The photographer is claiming that it came from behind him, but the indications from numerous fans who were at the game and sitting in that section are that it definitely came from the Romania fans, who spent a large part of the match fighting with each other.

I guess we'll have to wait and see?

Hmm. Blaming other fans, where have I heard that before? Sure it wasn't those pesky Dundee Utd or Chelsea fans?

I am not blaming anyone, as you would see if you read my post correctly. I said we would have to "wait and see".

Your cynicism doesn't detract from the fact that the Romanians had been throwing fireworks and flares throughout the game, and that the reports I read are consistent with this.

If a NI is guilty then I will try to be the first to condemn him/her.

Despite the photographer saying that it came from the NI fans, (I could only speculate as to why he would do that, and I don't wish to speculate), it has been proven from mobile phone footage that the missile came from the Romanian fans, and UEFA are endorsing this fact in their report.

Hopefully those jumping the gun will accept that they were the ones acting like cretins? .

From Belfast Telegraph, "'The Uefa delegate's report on the firework incident at Windsor Park on Saturday night, during Northern Ireland and Romania's Euro 2016 qualifier, will state that the missile came from the Romanian section of the ground.

The Belfast Telegraph understands that the official report will clear Northern Ireland fans of throwing the firework, which hit and injured Presseye photographer Darren Kidd at the weekend."

Despite the photographer saying that it came from the NI fans, (I could only speculate as to why he would do that, and I don't wish to speculate), it has been proven from mobile phone footage that the missile came from the Romanian fans, and UEFA are endorsing this fact in their report.

Hopefully those jumping the gun will accept that they were the ones acting like cretins? .

Doubt it.

Archived