If you removed the 65+ vote from last night...

Confidemus

Good couple of years, I think.

Why the abuse? Because they were the reason a country I once loved has suffered a collective bottle crashing never before seen in world politics.

So now you don't even like the country you live in? It's people like you who are a disgrace saying things like that. People like you will continue to keep this country divided making it worse.

Pull your head out your arse, get a grip, accept defeat and deal with it.

• Replies 396
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Far more bitter, twisted bigots on your side as ours.

Well that is in no way true.

You post a lot of utter drivel but this is pure fantasy.

Friday night in George Square showed us that.

I'd like to make it clear that I think plenty of folk voted No for perfectly legitimate and understandable reasons - but a sizeable chunk voted No because they shat it - simple as that.

I accept the result entirely. I'm moving on, gradually. But I'm not going to sit back and listen to the absolute tripe that some arseholes are posting on here (there's been a wee bit of that from angry Yes voters but the majority has been gloating No voters).

A healthy debate about why the result happened can be had - and in some ways is being had - but let's call folk out for the shite that they post.

So now you don't even like the country you live in? It's people like you who are a disgrace saying things like that. People like you will continue to keep this country divided making it worse.

Pull your head out your arse, get a grip, accept defeat and deal with it.

:lol:

Yet more irony. Have No voters had Alanis Morrisette on repeat?

I wasn't the one who had absolutely no faith in my own country. You can thank yourself and 2 million of your servile, deferential chums for that one.

:lol:

Yet more irony. Have No voters had Alanis Morrisette on repeat?

I wasn't the one who had absolutely no faith in my own country. You can thank yourself and 2 million of your servile, deferential chums for that one.

Yet more abuse. You will end up cracking up with all this hate filled rage.

You don't even know what I voted, I'm just pointing out that you should stop your tears and get on with it.

Yet more abuse. You will end up cracking up with all this hate filled rage.

You don't even know what I voted, I'm just pointing out that you should stop your tears and get on with it.

I have never said anywhere that I don't accept the result. I'd be foolish to argue otherwise.

Doesn't stop me believing that a very small demographic of this country knackered our chances of real change.

I have never said anywhere that I don't accept the result. I'd be foolish to argue otherwise.

Doesn't stop me believing that a very small demographic of this country knackered our chances of real change.

Or you could believe that the majority of Scots saved you from the inevitable doom a yes vote would of caused. Don't worry though we will still let you watch Braveheart mate :thumsup2 :thumsup2

Once again the irony is incredible.

Complaining about nationalism whilst being a massive nationalist. You couldn't make it up.

Im far far far from being a Nationalist. I don't want us to leave the UK, I don't want us to leave the EU. I believe in a world with less borders unlike your good self.

Or you could believe that the majority of Scots saved you from the inevitable doom a yes vote would of caused. Don't worry though we will still let you watch Braveheart mate :thumsup2 :thumsup2

Yeah cos breaking free from the shackles of Westminster and seeing what Scotland could achieve in our own hands would have been simply frightful.

:1eye

Yeah, unfortunately, neither you nor the rest of the 55 get to decide that, sadly.

Well, my claim that there is no longer a 45 or a 55 is just a fact.

Why do you want to keep the nation divided?

Time for Scotland to move on and work to make the best of the result. Yes supporters often claimed they wanted democracy but many are refusing to accept a democratic decision.

Time for Scotland to move on and work to make the best of the result. Yes supporters often claimed they wanted democracy but many are refusing to accept a democratic decision.

It's only democracy if the majority vote the way you want them to.

People are venting, but I've haven't seen anyone on here refusing to acknowledge the results. It's not the Yes supporters that took to the streets so a little bit internet seethe is pretty tame imho. For me personally, I don't see the point in typing shit to strangers on the web but I do admit that I'm pretty cut up about this. It's hard to come to terms with the fact that the majority of Scotland voted for continued Westminster rule that has failed them since Thatcher* got her greasy hooks in office. That's how I see it. You probably see it in a different light and that's cool. Peace.

* The one thing that makes me smile when I think about Thatcher is the thought of her spending her last years getting spoon fed while dribbling down a plastic bib.

It's only democracy if the majority vote the way you want them to.

I just think it's hypocritical that those who claimed to have moral superiority when it comes to defending democracy are acting rather undemocratic.

Not all of them, but quite a lot of them.

People are venting, but I've haven't seen anyone on here refusing to acknowledge the results. It's not the Yes supporters that took to the streets so a little bit internet seethe is pretty tame imho. For me personally, I don't see the point in typing shit to strangers on the web but I do admit that I'm pretty cut up about this. It's hard to come to terms with the fact that the majority of Scotland voted for continued Westminster rule that has failed them since Thatcher* got her greasy hooks in office. That's how I see it. You probably see it in a different light and that's cool. Peace.

* The one thing that makes me smile when I think about Thatcher is the thought of her spending her last years getting spoon fed while dribbling down a plastic bib.

I couldn't agree with your first paragraph more (not so keen on your second but hey ho).

1967 - first SNP MP gets elected

2014 - 45% of all those who voted in the Independence referendum voted YES.

The indicators are only 18 -24 and over 55 voted NO.

Whilst I am admittedly disappointed I can see the way things are going so overall I take great comfort and reassurance.

Anyone who thinks this is over is myopic and very silly. Progress doesn't stop.

I just think it's hypocritical that those who claimed to have moral superiority when it comes to defending democracy are acting rather undemocratic.

Not all of them, but quite a lot of them.

Folk are not acting in an undemocratic fashion. They accept the result. They don't like it, they're coming to terms with it, but they accept it.

Anyone who thinks this is over is myopic and very silly. Progress doesn't stop.

Whilst you may be proven correct, and I think there will be another referendum in my lifetime, Quebec would suggest otherwise.

And their referendum was exceptionally close unlike our landslide.

Folk are not acting in an undemocratic fashion. They accept the result. They don't like it, they're coming to terms with it, but they accept it.

And are perfectly entitled to carry on trying to achieve their objectives.

Whilst you may be proven correct, and I think there will be another referendum in my lifetime, Quebec would suggest otherwise.

And their referendum was exceptionally close unlike our landslide.

I'm a bit puzzled at the landslide talk. 45% of the voters wanted out of the union.

Archived