If you removed the 65+ vote from last night...

Confidemus

• Replies 396
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And praised.

If you want. I voted Yes so I won't be praising them because I think they made the wrong decision.

And respected.

Two things:

1) I respect the will of the majority of Scottish people. I don't agree with them however.

2) Respecting old people just because "they're old, eh" isn't a stance I agree with.

If you want. I voted Yes so I won't be praising them because I think they made the wrong decision. .

They didn't.

Along with every other demographic other than the very narrow 25-39.

Why single out old people?

Why not the working age 40 some things?

"All they care about is themselves" is a pretty shitty argument anyway - if your sole source of income is your pension and you have no other way of making money, of course the status of your pension is going to worry you much more than a younger person with years of earning ahead of them, nice house etc etc. Don't really think it's fair to call them selfish tbh

Agree with that.

They didn't.

Along with every other demographic other than the very narrow 25-39.

Why single out old people?

Why not the working age 40 some things?

You'll notice that my original post was in reference to the nauseating "they fought for our freedom" line which is normally trotted out if you ever dare criticise/disagree with the views of a pensioner. That offers some explanation as to why I singled out old people.

You'll notice that my original post was in reference to the nauseating "they fought for our freedom" line which is normally trotted out if you ever dare criticise/disagree with the views of a pensioner. That offers some explanation as to why I singled out old people.

but you've chosen to call yourself Yoda!

DeeTillEhDeh's still very active on these threads for someone who drew a cock and balls over his ballot paper.

And I know he's just love it to be the case that pensioners didn't vote No, but sadly, they did, and knackered it for the rest of us.

Hope there is a big day planned for this. We owe them a great deal and the way they have been treated by some in the Yes campign has been nothing short of scandalous. These people have paid their taxes and worked in this country all their lifes this gives them the right more than any other age group to vote whichever way they want. I know whose decsion i would trust more between 65+ or 16-17 year old. Just because they didn't vote the way you wanted them to doesn't give you the right to disrespect them and think they didn't do the right thing for this country.

fa9d00939090d4ca368750d28f8474cf.jpg

Hope there is a big day planned for this. We owe them a great deal and the way they have been treated by some in the Yes campign has been nothing short of scandalous. These people have paid their taxes and worked in this country all their lifes this gives them the right more than any other age group to vote whichever way they want. I know whose decsion i would trust more between 65+ or 16-17 year old. Just because they didn't vote the way you wanted them to doesn't give you the right to disrespect them and think they didn't do the right thing for this country.fa9d00939090d4ca368750d28f8474cf.jpg

No it doesn't give them any more right, it gives them exactly the same right. That's what democracy is all about.

It also gives other people the right to question their motivation.

One of the reasons I have despised Tories for all my adult life is that I hate the concept of greed and self interest. People who are motivated purely by self interest do a disservice to the societies that they are part of.

No it doesn't give them any more right, it gives them exactly the same right. That's what democracy is all about.

It also gives other people the right to question their motivation.

One of the reasons I have despised Tories for all my adult life is that I hate the concept of greed and self interest. People who are motivated purely by self interest do a disservice to the societies that they are part of.

Yet you voted Yes for the Self interest of Scotland over the UK. Interesting

Yet you voted Yes for the Self interest of Scotland over the UK. Interesting

If you extend that 'logic' we should have no national boundaries or separate countries.

But that's not what you want is it, you just haven't thought the thing through before you posted.

If you extend that 'logic' we should have no national boundaries or separate countries.

But that's not what you want is it, you just haven't thought the thing through before you posted.

Actually im all for less borders, but don't let that get in the way of you making an arse of yourself once again.

Its amusing to watch the selfish Yes voters crying a river over being democratically outvoted try and take a bizarre moral high ground about.... whats best for people in Scotland.

Hows about you leave the people of Scotland to decide what we want rather than choosing on our behalf.

Thanks awfully.

Its amusing to watch the selfish Yes voters crying a river over being democratically outvoted try and take a bizarre moral high ground about.... whats best for people in Scotland.

Hows about you leave the people of Scotland to decide what we want rather than choosing on our behalf.

Thanks awfully.

Except it's going to be Westminster that decides what you want.

In the way that Westminster runs the shop. They'll decide what extra powers you get. They'll also decide the fate of the Barnett formula.

Correct. And we gave them that option. I say we, I mean 2 million shiters.

DeeTillEhDeh's still very active on these threads for someone who drew a cock and balls over his ballot paper.

And I know he's just love it to be the case that pensioners didn't vote No, but sadly, they did, and knackered it for the rest of us.

Not a cock and balls.

Shall I remind you?

Archived