Boycotts

___

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In the case of Asda I think they tried to influence the outcome. Other supermarkets chose not to go down that route. My choice is now to stop using Asda.

I agree with this. If companies think there will be an adverse effect they put it in reports to shareholders. They don't just cynically say prices will go up a few days before the end of a two year campaign. I don't have a problem with RBS other than the timing. I do have a problem with the likes of ASDA. I'm not going to boycott them but I will make sure they get a few hundred quid less each year. I hope they and their shareholdes feel it was worth it.

I just did my weekly shop at ASDA and have recently opened an RBS account. Neither decision was directly or indirectly linked to the vote right enough.

I am doing it wrong yes warriors?

If you're trying to be a momentously stupid thundercunt, you're doing a perfectly good job.

I'm amazed that some Yes voters on here are boycotting the Daily Record. You mean you actually used to buy this newspaper? I haven't regularly bought a paper in years, so this boycott will be a piece of piss.

I'm interested in not paying my TV licence. Mainly as it would save me money and I'd still get the services. Getting it up the BBC would be a nice spin off.

My two nearest supermarkets are Sainsburys and Asda, so I am happy to boycott Asda, as it's further away, but Sainsburys will undoubtedly still get some custom.

I'm doing a house up at the moment. Happy to bump B&Q, but they are quite handy. I've mainly been using Screwfix - who owns them?

My RBS account is pretty much a dead account that the mortgage for my flat comes out of.

ha ha I wont buy anything ever again. that will show them. then they will change the result.

For me the point is that if you try to influence a vote in this way, you lose business. I would like companies to know this so that next time they might think twice. As I said, I don't have a problem with them notifying their shareholders of possible risks in the normal way.

If the boycott on Asda worked out to be quite effective, they would just put a really good beer offer on to entice us back. And let's be honest, it would almost certainly work.

I'll be interested to see if many people do decide to change from RBS. Fair play if they do, changing banks, in my experience, is a massive pain in the arse.

For me the point is that if you try to influence a vote in this way, you lose business. I would like companies to know this so that next time they might think twice. As I said, I don't have a problem with them notifying their shareholders of possible risks in the normal way.

Except this boycott is laughable. And wont happen at all.

If the boycott on Asda worked out to be quite effective, they would just put a really good beer offer on to entice us back. And let's be honest, it would almost certainly work.

I'll be interested to see if many people do decide to change from RBS. Fair play if they do, changing banks, in my experience, is a massive pain in the arse.

When was that? I'm fairly certain that legislation was passed that forced the banks to deal with moving all your direct debits etc. Guess I'll find out at the end of the month.

It's just a personal thing for me, rather than part of anything organised politically.

I won't be back at Asda, Sainsbury's, B&Q etc. because I don't want to spend my money there. I'll probably try to shop more locally.

I also had a small current account at RBS with no DDs or SOs, but just moved the money out over the computer yesterday.

The BBC won't get their licence fee next time it's up.

Good point, actually. The pizzas are good.

At the very least, send someone else in with £3.99 in pennies, and get them to knock over some merchandise on the way out.

The pizzas are outstanding. I get one most Sundays. Half and half.. and you get 4 scoops on each side. Magic.

Should be even better today as it will be only half as busy.

Archived