• Created
  • Last Reply

I'd like to see us lineup as

Fox

McMillan Frans Balatoni Seabo

Osman Bannigan

SOD Stevenson Elliott

Eccleston

I can't really see Archie changing the team from Saturday though, interested to see what he'll do regarding our 3 cb's.

I'd like to see us lineup as

Fox

McMillan Frans Balatoni Seabo

Osman Bannigan

SOD Stevenson Elliott

Eccleston

I can't really see Archie changing the team from Saturday though, interested to see what he'll do regarding our 3 cb's.

As far as I'm aware Seaborne can't play at RB.

Me neither, that's why I'd play him at left back.

Solid back 4, with Osman sitting. Would mean we would be as exposed with SOD bombing forward.

I'm still unsure why you're suggesting Seaborne can fill in as a full back when he a) isn't one and b) he is our best CB and c) we are fine with both full back positions.

The better idea would be to ask SOD to not bomb forward so much and have Elliot as part of the attacking three along with Lawless and Stevenson/Craigen. Particularly when Elliot played well against Celtic in both games at Firhill.

I wish we'd gie the paedo stuff a miss TBH.

Leave that to Glasgow's newest club. ;)

The paedophile stuff is embarrassing, but thankfully it's starting to get shouted down more at games. No doubt there will be some of it again at the Celtic games this year seeing as those games bring out the knuckle dragger element in our support.

Not sure why folk are suggesting changing things around massively- new formations or players out of position- for our hardest game of the season (on paper anyway). Good to see Higgy is back in training but I'd start him on the bench for this one, if we're getting absolutely humped early on just keep him for Saturday, but bring him on for the last 20 minutes if it's tight. Other decisions are who plays beside Seaborne, who plays attacking midfield, and who plays up front. I'd go Frans, Stevenson, and Eccleston but I can also see the case for Balatoni, Craigen, and Doolan.

I see our u20s are beating Falkirk's development team 3-1 Sean "6 weeks" Welsh among the scorers. We should probably give the young lads another run out against this midtable mediocrity on Wednesday night and give the first team squad a rest for our visit to top of the table Hamilton on Saturday :whistle

I'm still unsure why you're suggesting Seaborne can fill in as a full back when he a) isn't one and b) he is our best CB and c) we are fine with both full back positions.

The better idea would be to ask SOD to not bomb forward so much and have Elliot as part of the attacking three along with Lawless and Stevenson/Craigen. Particularly when Elliot played well against Celtic in both games at Firhill.

When Seaborne signed it was stated he could also play left back. That to me is a valid reason for him playing there.

I do agree he's our best cb, but I don't think it's justified dropping Balatoni or Frans when they've kept a clean sheet (albeit against a struggling St. Johnstone) and I think the back 4 I suggested would be our strongest defensive lineup.

Tbh I'd be fine with the same XI that played St. Johnstone, but a couple of changes here or there wouldn't weaken us greatly.

When Seaborne signed it was stated he could also play left back. That to me is a valid reason for him playing there.

I do agree he's our best cb, but I don't think it's justified dropping Balatoni or Frans when they've kept a clean sheet (albeit against a struggling St. Johnstone) and I think the back 4 I suggested would be our strongest defensive lineup.

Tbh I'd be fine with the same XI that played St. Johnstone, but a couple of changes here or there wouldn't weaken us greatly.

I could see Seabourne playing on the left of a three man central defence but he lacks the pace to play an effective role at left back, imo.

Archived