Smith commission (look what you could've won)

renton

Right, I assumed you'd meant polling in the aftermath of the Smith Commission being published. That's the only way we'd have any idea if there was "widespread" dissatisfaction with the contents.

Not sure if any has been done since then, but if not, I'm sure there will be some soon.

I think with any of these new powers things, people just say "we want stuff". I doubt many of the people asked in these things will bother their arse with trawling through the contents of it to decide how happy they are.

• Replies 291
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think with any of these new powers things, people just say "we want stuff". I doubt many of the people asked in these things will bother their arse with trawling through the contents of it to decide how happy they are.

Most no voters I spoke to pre referendum did say that they would have voted for devo max.

I'm not sure how many of them are aware of what devo max is though or to what extent they believe Smith has delivered it.

If the polls in that Herald article are accurate about the levels of support for the three constitutional options, its not a huge leap to say that the perceived offerings in the vow played a significant part in the referendum outcome.

Most no voters I spoke to pre referendum did say that they would have voted for devo max.

Yes, there is no question that would have won.

Of course the SNP erred in a monumental fashion by wasting their time and a huge amount of money proceeding with an unwinnable referendum, which saw them being brutalised and Salmond limping away, tail between legs as Cameron laughed at him.

Which is why the SNP are now griping from the sidelines rather than having driven what Devo Max was to them and having that mandated by the Scottish votrs.

Of course the SNP erred in a monumental fashion by wasting their time and a huge amount of money proceeding with an unwinnable referendum, which saw them being brutalised and Salmond limping away, tail between legs as Cameron laughed at him.

Which is why the SNP are now griping from the sidelines rather than having driven what Devo Max was to them and having that mandated by the Scottish votrs.

Zzzzzz

They certainly look brutalised, right enough.

I'm not sure how many of them are aware of what devo max is though or to what extent they believe Smith has delivered it.

If the polls in that Herald article are accurate about the levels of support for the three constitutional options, its not a huge leap to say that the perceived offerings in the vow played a significant part in the referendum outcome.

It is an undefined term. The nationalists don't get to define what devo max is. They are stuck somewhere on grievo max anyway and are looking increasingly ridiculous.

No. I was undecided at first as I wanted to see what was being presented to me. Eventually, after seeing the incompetent drivel being served up by yes, I had to take the sensible decision for now along with the vast majority of my fellow countrymen. Why do you ask?

^

Voted for more layers of government

Voted for higher income tax

Voted for higher Corporation tax

Voted to pay for the house of Lords

Voted to pay for the London vanity projects

Credibility nil.

^

Voted for more layers of government

Voted for higher income tax

Voted for higher Corporation tax

Voted to pay for the house of Lords

Voted to pay for the London vanity projects

Credibility nil.

When have I ever voted for these things? Specifically.

What makes you think I support any of that? Specifically.

Only among nationalists , mainly because it hasn't delivered them independence. They are the political equivalent of the grievance brigade in the Celtic support. Fucking arseholes.

Salmond probably based his approach to the closing stages of the referendum on Celtic fans' paranoia. "The meeja and the shaps and banks pyoor have it in for us by scaremongering an that". The only difference is that their team/party win now and again......but they're still whining a**eholes so they're much the same

That's another Yes approach isn't it? Base all of your assumptions (about No voters in this instance) on nothing but remain positive and paranoid

That's another Yes approach isn't it? Base all of your assumptions (about No voters in this instance) on nothing but remain positive and paranoid

I'm just content to know that I thoroughly piss imbeciles like that off. I feed off their seethe <_<

You specifically voted for these thing on Sept 18th, since "Specifically" these things were on offer with a no vote.

As others have said your opinion on anything Westminister based is no longer relevant. Hopefully Sturgeon will out-trump Hollande and try and flush out your fellow jeep -driving shitebags with a top rate of 95p in the pound. :)

You specifically voted for these thing on Sept 18th, since "Specifically" these things were on offer with a no vote.

As others have said your opinion on anything Westminister based is no longer relevant. Hopefully Sturgeon will out-trump Hollande and try and flush out your fellow jeep -driving shitebags with a top rate of 95p in the pound. :)

No. I specifically answered a referendum question. There were tow answers I could have given, yes or no. I said no. Anything else is just your bitch whining glued on.

Then you can dance around the smouldering rubble of the Scottish economy. There's only 18,000 of the super rich to "drive out", I'm quite sure that the rest of the country will welcome them and their spending power while clown like you wonder why your benefit payments are diminishing. <_<

Hoping that Sturgeon can be worse than Hollande is actually hilarious. Thanks for the laugh.

Archived