Smith commission (look what you could've won)

renton

• Replies 291
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Still referring to Home Rule.

ALEXANDER: OBR OIL DOWNGRADE DEMONSTRATES REAL BENEFIT OF HOME RULE TO SCOTLAND

Reacting to the OBR’s downgrading of North Sea oil revenues by £4.5bn, Liberal Democrat Chief Secretary to the Treasury Danny Alexander MP said:

“Instead of walking off the nationalist’s independence cliff Scotland wakes up tomorrow with a promise of a supported Oil and Gas sector thanks to UK Government reforms. If Scotland was independent this £4.5 billion downgrade would have meant severe cuts to schools and hospitals. With the broad shoulders of the UK we can effectively steward our resources, whilst shaping our own domestic agenda in Scotland. This is the real benefit of home rule.”

Ends

U WOT M8?

See , the old 'I could do this I just don't wanna' schtick is real inhale through teeth stuff.

You'd really be better just admitting you made a horrible job of this.

Well, again really.

SSI is a wido. It's like all the conversion stories alongside his optimistic / pessimistic approach to the referendum.

He can't answer so now he's clamouring for support from fellow Yessers like Panda and Baxter and Strichner who aren't as wide but are just as thick

I think burning the White Paper would be a huge mistake. It's such good point and laugh material and forever cements Salmond's place as one of politics great failures as well as being a prize c**t.

I take it back,your trolling is worse than hb

I'm not trolling. The White Paper is a collection of assumptions and predictions that are becoming more and more ludicrous as time goes on. Salmond always was and always will be a clown

Oh reynard

SSI is a wido. It's like all the conversion stories alongside his optimistic / pessimistic approach to the referendum.

He can't answer so now he's clamouring for support from fellow Yessers like Panda and Baxter and Strichner who aren't as wide but are just as thick

No buster, it was you who couldn't do the answering, i.e. actually backing up your statements about my predictions. You gave it one attempt, made a right arse of it by posting the complete opposite then greeted for your pals higher up the Unionist sycophancy food chain. All the while saying you couldn't find my predictions "because that would mean trawling through posts". After you'd brought up old posts and failed. Riddy.

I provided my answers in the form of actual posts that contradicted your assertions then and I answered HB's question on this thread. I'm all about providing the answers meng, I just limit HB to a one time, non-repetitive deal. He likes asking the same question 50 times, as some kind of weirdo last word merchant thing, so you've got to be strict.

And before you attempt to turn this into a 10 page seethefest about me again, you've also had your one on this thread. Do your very best to deal with it.

Regional State TV go with a headline about a group of councillors burning a copy of the Smith commission in a metal bucket. "appalled, outrageous, provocative" said the local sub branch leader of North British Labour, The FM describes it as "not acceptable behaviour, conduct that falls below the standards the public have a right to expect".
Next up, the new drink drive limit, "how much can you drink & remain legal"!
Yup, all those quotes used in the first item, are more applicable to be used in the second

No buster, it was you who couldn't do the answering, i.e. actually backing up your statements about my predictions. You gave it one attempt, made a right arse of it by posting the complete opposite then greeted for your pals higher up the Unionist sycophancy food chain. All the while saying you couldn't find my predictions "because that would mean trawling through posts". After you'd brought up old posts and failed. Riddy.

I provided my answers in the form of actual posts that contradicted your assertions then and I answered HB's question on this thread. I'm all about providing the answers meng, I just limit HB to a one time, non-repetitive deal. He likes asking the same question 50 times, as some kind of weirdo last word merchant thing, so you've got to be strict.

And before you attempt to turn this into a 10 page seethefest about me again, you've also had your one on this thread. Do your very best to deal with it.

I didn't find any post that directly said it but through a 2 min trawl threw your arse spraying posts picked one which stated that you converted a lot of friends and family......"but it'll be a No vote".

That is pathetic because it's childish like many of your posts. I didn't bother to search back but I'm sure there's one in there that's even more "optimistic".

I can deal with the fact you're a wainish wido. np

Regional State TV go with a headline about a group of councillors burning a copy of the Smith commission in a metal bucket. "appalled, outrageous, provocative" said the local sub branch leader of North British Labour, The FM describes it as "not acceptable behaviour, conduct that falls below the standards the public have a right to expect".

Next up, the new drink drive limit, "how much can you drink & remain legal"!

Yup, all those quotes used in the first item, are more applicable to be used in the second

Tbf the Smith Commission thing was fucking idiotic. The fannies responsible should've known that it would draw such negative attention for the party, can't really complain about this materialising.

Good statement from the FM aknowleding how irresponsible and inexcusable it was. Just need to take the criticism on the chin here and move on.

I'm sorry, can you please point us in the direction of George Osbornes equivalent of the white paper. I'm sure it's just so full of financial facts.

There were many treasury documents released during the referendum campaign, that you failed to read anything about them isn't exactly a surprise as you'd have been baw deep in Wangs, Newsnut and the laughable BfS. But these documents all helped to discredit the badly thought out and abysmally presented White Paper (which was dropped out of nat conversation about a week after it was released as it had been pointed and laughed at so much), and ultimately helped destroy the economic "argument" the SNP attempted to present. Basing their plans on oil at $113 a barrel was particularly hilarious.

Would this be the same treasury documents with carefully selected figures, that didn't actually offer people the full picture?

The whole Better Together campaign was full of half truths leaving the YES campaign to fill in the missing pieces.

No wonder most NO voters just sat at home throughout the referendum. They must have been utterly embarrassed.

I don't know which ones you are referring to.

Which ones are you referring to?

I sat at home because their was absolutely no need for me to get my hands dirty and actually do anything as it was such an obvious stick on win for no. Why waste my spare time making a c**t of myself in a shitty cagoule inflating balloons like a glaiket fucktard when all I had to do was rock up to the polling booth on the day, laugh at a few morons in kilts and then wait for the results show.

Weren't you wildly swinging between yes and no early in the campaign like some sort of spastic pendulum?

No. I was undecided at first as I wanted to see what was being presented to me. Eventually, after seeing the incompetent drivel being served up by yes, I had to take the sensible decision for now along with the vast majority of my fellow countrymen. Why do you ask?

Is there?

The limited polling data suggests that Scots wanted far more than was given, whether that translates to 'far from enough' under the present circumstances is subtly different I guess.

Still even if you allow for universal satisfaction of income tax and nothing else, the fact that the devolution of that tax is, under present circumstances, doomed to uselessness without further reform would kind of undermine the confidence of even those who thought Smith was the equitable outcome of a settled will.

The limited polling data suggests that Scots wanted far more than was given, whether that translates to 'far from enough' under the present circumstances is subtly different I guess.

I hadn't seen any of this polling... got a link? Would be interested to have a look.

I hadn't seen any of this polling... got a link? Would be interested to have a look.

http://www.heraldscotland.com/politics/scottish-politics/the-powers-struggle-poll-reveals-support-for-devo-max.25509432

That was Panelbase, carried out for the SNP, here is Curtice's take on it:

http://blog.whatscotlandthinks.org/2014/10/panelbase-snp-devolution-labours-prospects/

WoS did it's own poll, again by Panelbase which asked things in a different way but with broadly the same context:

http://wingsoverscotland.com/the-meaning-of-devo-max/#more-63101

ICM also carried out a poll which shows broadly the same figures as panelbase in terms of which institutions and capacities should be devolved:

http://news.stv.tv/scotland-decides/301542-icm-poll-finds-majority-want-holyrood-to-control-all-taxes-and-benefits/

You can also look at Curtice's own SSAS data which year on year finds devo max the most popular in a three way question between that, Indy and the status quo (albeit status quo as defined pre-Smith).

As I said though, even if there were a sense that devolution of income tax alone were enough, the way they are currently planning to do so undermines the effective realsiation of that devolution anyway, which is unlikely to satisfy anyone.

Archived