Kilmarnock vs Dundee United - 03/10/14

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Think the pitch will get blamed a lot this season but if we keep winning at home there might be some credibility to this - i hope everyone keeps complaining about the pitch !

I personally hate playing on astroturf, and it does make a difference to the game, albeit, it is the same for both teams,

Coming back in the car (I left after 75 mins of that holocaust of a a performance) I heard Alex Neil comment on the radio that Clingan and Hammill dominated the midfield, and I couldn't disagree.

Let's think about that... Sammy Clingan and Jamie Hamill dominated. I don't need comment any more on that.

Imagine coming out of a tunnel three times in an evening up to that point, then throwing a strop after being taken off and storming away down the wrong tunnel before getting hunted :lol:

imagine being famous for your fitba team and getting pumped off relegation candidates

Come back when you have enough pies.

Hamilton and killie could very easily have been playing in the championship and now we're here :thumbsup: cheers hibs

Technically Killie AND Hamilton couldn't have been playing in the championship but still a great start to the season.

Think the pitch will get blamed a lot this season but if we keep winning at home there might be some credibility to this - i hope everyone keeps complaining about the pitch !

Poor show if true. I'd much rather play on Killie's surface than some of the grass surfaces that will be on show through the winter. United's players have absolutely no excuses. They were just shite, it's as simple as that plus Ciftci's attitude was fucking stinking.

Anyhow, just back from the game and Killie thoroughly deserved the win. Guid pehs as well.

Holocaust of a performance from United. Only Erskine first half gets pass marks, perhaps Morris as well(although hard to see if he was at fault for either goals from our end), the rest were fucking woeful. One of those games when United didn't even deserve the nil. Onwards.

This kind of result has been coming tbh, we haven't been anywhere near the levels we hit last season yet but somehow still find ourselves top. This is as bad as we've been though, dreadful stuff.

Was it McNamara's tactics to stand off and give them 10 yards of space all over the pitch until they were 30 yards from goal? Last time we did that was at Celtic.

Dundee cup game until they got red card was exactly the same.

Coming back in the car (I left after 75 mins of that holocaust of a a performance) I heard Alex Neil comment on the radio that Clingan and Hammill dominated the midfield, and I couldn't disagree.

Let's think about that... Sammy Clingan and Jamie Hamill dominated. I don't need comment any more on that.

I would argue that on paper Hamill and Clingan are no worse than Paton and Rankin. I understand that people don't like Hamill, even though I think since returning to Killie he's been excellent in our midfield. Also, I don't really see your point re: Clingan, the guys a regular international player for the same side that Paton can't get a game for... I actually like all four of the above and think they're important parts of each side, the abuse of Hamill though is easy and a pretty stupid thing to come away with.

Come back when you have enough pies.

chazas IMO.

article-0-024122BB000004B0-743_306x423.j

Poor show if true. I'd much rather play on Killie's surface than some of the grass surfaces that will be on show through the winter. United's players have absolutely no excuses. They were just shite, it's as simple as that plus Ciftci's attitude was fucking stinking.

Anyhow, just back from the game and Killie thoroughly deserved the win. Guid pehs as well.

Exactly this. Nearly every park in the country would have been a nightmare to play on tonight with the amount of rainfall today, but the pitch ran true the same way it did in the sun of last Saturday. The unfounded disdain of synthetic surfaces is getting a bit stale now, and it's time it was eradicated from our game along with the dinosaur coaches that use it as an excuse for a shite performance. Kudos to McNamara for saying on the radio that the pitch was fine and not an excuse.

Archived