Kilmarnock vs Dundee United - 03/10/14

Another impressive result for KFC, a much improved side from last season. Top 6 beckons at least I feel. Have improved their squad and its hard to come back against them from a goal or two down, on that cursed 3G surface* ;)

Also ditching Sandra Clarke and replacing him with Gary Locke has helped things along.

*not that I'm using that as an excuse

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Great result for Killie against a piss poor Utd side. I thought we played the ball around brilliantly and with Eremenko in the form he is, it was an easier win than I thought. Connolly seems to have a great partnership with Paska at the back and they have given us a solid defence for the first time in ages.

As for Utd, they didn't impress me at all, they had trouble passing the ball to their own players.

Not all of us. :)

I'm afraid I have stupid levels of optimism, due to our competent displays thus far.

Hence, 2 - 0 Killie.

Obadeyi and Magennis.

How almost perfectly pleasing.

:)

In the Scottish Premiership Clingan and Hamill (or Paton and Rankin) are a very good central pairing.

I think so too. I've never really understood the disdain for Hamill on here. I've always thought he was a good player at this level. Good for a few goals each season as well.

Absolutely delighted. Said to my dad that that would be the real measure of how we had come on, playing the league leaders and a team we normally wouldn't beat last season. Brilliant team performance all round with Eremenko running the show again - 4 of the last 5 goals have been set up by him!

I genuinely don't remember a single hoof up the park. A couple of times we tried long balls for Magennis from defence but I'm quite satisfied that they were passes. The rest of the game was played entirely with passing football. Completely nullified United too.

That's 3 more points than I thought we would take from this run of tough games!

Samson out with a broken toe though. For all I was critical of him at times, he'll be a huge loss. Hopefully this young boy Brennan will take his chance and we can keep a settled back four with the revelation that is Mark Connolly at the heart of it.

Two weeks til the next game now, but hoping to make it through to Perth, all being well.

Didn't see the game, two questions for Arabs:

Was it right to take Ciftci off? Had he run out of steam/ideas?

Did he really go in the huff as is being suggested?

McNamara in paper this morning saying he was worried Ciftci would get sent off, that's why he was subbed. Didn't see it happening myself, although Pascali was doing his utmost to wind him up. Poor decision from McNamara, although Ciftci had been at his infuriating best(worst).

Well done Kilmarnock, you were much better than us and deserved the win. I am hoping this isn't the start of our yearly 'run of horrific form' and we can get ourselves sorted after the international break.

Anyone who moans about a surface like that is a moron. The state of some of the pitches we play on in Scotland it is laughable that anyone would complain about playing on a carpet like that. These pitches are here to stay and more clubs will be using them in the future so people just need to get on with it.

One thing that has annoyed me for weeks and was evident again last night is Ciftci's terrible attitude. His body language and the way he responds to things on the pitch is childish and he is becoming more and more of a liability. When he arrived here he was always talking about how we wanted to work hard to get his career kickstarted and he seemed quite a humble guy but recently he has turned into a cocky, arrogant, moody player who is incredibly selfish with the ball and does hardly any work around the pitch. His attitude will definitely stop him from winning a really big move in the future.

A lot of positive vibes around our club this season which is great for a change! Top result and performance last night from Killie. Our defence is becoming stingy with the CB's dominating their opponents. Special praise for Barbour and Chantler who got up and down all night.

Can't see why players were moaning about our pitch, just wait a couple of months and see what they're playing on at other grounds!

Well played to the Utd fans who are giving our team credit, it's decent and appreciated.

TakE it all Killie supporters are now happy with MJ and AJ?

No. MJ was meant to be leaving at the end of last season.. he's still in charge. I, along with other killie fans, blame alot of last seasons woeful performances on Sandy Clark. I'd rather have someone other than AJ -but for now it'll do.

TakE it all Killie supporters are now happy with MJ...?

Whit?

Amazed at how solid we looked again, against a team that were on their day last season one of the best attacking sides in the country. Totally bossed the midfield and Connolly and Chantler again outstanding. If we can keep everyone fit, I'm pretty confident we have enough ability to finish in the top six.

Anyone who moans about a surface like that is a moron. The state of some of the pitches we play on in Scotland it is laughable that anyone would complain about playing on a carpet like that.

Harry Redknapp for one clearly. There are many players that don't like playing on them - that's a simple fact, and it is also a simple fact that the game is different on these pitches - it was obvious to see last night.

I'm not for one minute saying that is why we lost, but I for one hate playing on them, and judging by the comments last night, many of the United team didn't either. Still, they are all morons I suppose.

Harry Redknapp for one clearly. There are many players that don't like playing on them - that's a simple fact, and it is also a simple fact that the game is different on these pitches - it was obvious to see last night.

I'm not for one minute saying that is why we lost, but I for one hate playing on them, and judging by the comments last night, many of the United team didn't either. Still, they are all morons I suppose.

A piece of advice, don't ever use Harry Redknapp as an example of anything, he is the king of the morons. The United players lost so started moaning about the pitch, that happens all the time in football. These pitches at here to stay so in that fact anyone moaning about them is a bit of a moron because it sounds like sour grapes and not much more.

You look at the pitches over the next few months and try and tell anyone that those pitches are better than the artificial surfaces.

All this talk of being a moron if you don't like artificial pitches is clearly coming from people who don't play the game, it's awful on the knees, horrible to slide on, becomes very unnatural when wet and this is all before you take into account that it's clearly an advantage to the team playing on it week in, week out. Every team I can remember having an artificial pitch has had an excellent home record. That said it's no excuse really Killie were the better team on the night and deserved the points.

United and JMac's decisions were awful last night, Paton & Ranks seemed to chase the same balls all night, the whole back four struggled with Killie's pace on the counter, Armstrong was anonymous, Erskine put in an ok shift(but i'm far from impressed with the guy, he trods along at half pace, runs with his head down, takes too many touches, releases passes late and has the shot of a 5 year old. If his confidence goes he's in big trouble.), Dow tried but seemed to be too deep and really needed to get wide, we had no width at all last night(Something we've been lacking all season.) and as for Ciftci boy needs a good wrap in the puss, he was fucking awful last week too and it was over shadowed by playing a part in both goals, he's been shite all season and needs to get his attitude sorted right out.

We need more option up front in January and JMac will regret the day he decided not to replace Graham, for all the good JMac has done, he does some extremely stupid things. Hopefully its his inexperience, and hopefully he continues to learn from his mistakes, which he seems to.

All this talk of being a moron if you don't like artificial pitches is clearly coming from people who don't play the game, it's awful on the knees, horrible to slide on, becomes very unnatural when wet and this is all before you take into account that it's clearly an advantage to the team playing on it week in, week out. Every team I can remember having an artificial pitch has had an excellent home record. That said it's no excuse really Killie were the better team on the night and deserved the points.

Sssshhh, there, there x

Archived