Partick Thistle vs Motherwell - 04/10/14

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archie doesn't mention which players are injured/doubtful in the OS preview like he usually does. Worst case scenario we could have Muirhead, Fraser, Welsh, Stevenson, Higginbotham, Osman and Lawless all out. That's at least 5 of our first choice XI out - not good. If Lawless is out then I'd give McDaid a start as we'll need someone with 'flair'. Hopefully it's just Higgy, Fraser and Welsh out. Muirhead being injured would be a good thing though IMO. Hopefully Gallacher comes back in, Fox isn't good enough. Would be shite if Craigen started too.

Best case scenario:

Gallacher

O'Donnell Balatoni Seaborne McMillan

Osman Bannigan

Lawless Stevenson Elliott

Doolan

Worst case:

Gallacher

O'Donnell Balatoni Seaborne McMillan

Craigen Bannigan

Elliott Doolan McDaid

Eccleston

Reid mentioned playing with a back 3 in training, normally this wouldn't suit the squad we have but with Higgy out and maybe Lawless too I'm wondering if that could be worth a go

Gallacher

McMillan

Balatoni Seaborne

O'Donnell.....................Caroll

Osman Stevenson Bannigan

Eccleston Doolan

Motherwell are available @ 7/5 draw no bet tomorrow and Sutton 2/1 anytime goalscorer. Just saying.

I was going to include that above but didn't want to fill my post with formations. Carroll was playing CM not as a wingback though. Keenan and Archie were the LWBs. Archie at LWB plz.

I see the 2nd season blues* has kicked in early for Thistle fans - at least you're playing a team in even worse form and with lower confidence than you.

Interested to hear McCall in his press conference getting his justification in early about being away with Scotland as he knows fine well that his stint as assistant-assistant-manager will get him pelters if we are coming off another defeat tomorrow. Feeling a bit doom and gloomy about this one given the state of us against Accies and seeing Faddy sign for Saintees was a bit of a downer as well. Hopefully it's one of these games that surprises you by being decent when you're least expecting it...

*'Well fans are in the middle of 30th season blues - it doesn't get any better :)

Been away on holiday for a few weeks, sad to see the optimism has dissipated from the Jags support so early this season.

It's even gone from the squad.

Elliott said: "Motherwell had a defeat as well so hopefully their confidence is lower than ours."

http://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/sport/partick-thistle/faddy-was-the-nutmeg-king-at-thistle-training-says-firhill-ace-183115n.25499518

If Osman gets injured I'm going to cry.

Not looking forward to this all that much, but I'd be delighted with an absolute shiter of a game so long as we win. Carroll was good at LB in the cup game against St Mirren, played as more of an orthodox full back, but he's been fairly shit every other time I've seen him. Need him to start showing more of that St Mirren game performance, can't afford to carry any passengers. Stevenson, unfortunately, is in the same situation.

Archived