General Election 2015

Ludo*1

• Replies 15.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Danny Alexander put another flyer through the letterbox today (well, the postie did, not Alexander himself although he is having a surgery in ASDA today). He's changed from "dreadful old woman magazine" style to "terrible local paper" style.

Every single issue (bar one, which relates to high speed broadband) in it relates to a devolved power: NHS Highland underfunded; A96 duelling; something else that is controlled by Holyrood.

Danny Alexander put another flyer through the letterbox today (well, the postie did, not Alexander himself although he is having a surgery in ASDA today). He's changed from "dreadful old woman magazine" style to "terrible local paper" style.

Every single issue (bar one, which relates to high speed broadband) in it relates to a devolved power: NHS Highland underfunded; A96 duelling; something else that is controlled by Holyrood.

So do Asda do surgeries in store? Health service privatation gone mad....

Horse racing on the back page by any chance? "It's a two horse race..."

Horse racing on the back page by any chance? "It's a two horse race..."

That's on the front page! I'm not convinced that giving voters a choice between the Lib Dems and the SNP will swing the "floating voter" tbh. I'm not even sure it will swing the majority of remaining Labour voters.

Whit? Nae photos of him standing side-by-side with the Tories during the referendum campaign. It's almost as if he wants the voters to forget that he did that!

Heard from someone else that the words 'Labour Party' are nowhere to be seen on the leaflet or certainly not prominent? Is JM trying to disassociate himself from the HQ in London?

Meanwhile, Jim, keep up the negativity...

SNP WINS Percentage increases > GLENROTHES Up +24% > BUCKIE Up 23.5% > ARMADALE Up 20.4% > BENBECULA Up 24.4%

That's on the front page! I'm not convinced that giving voters a choice between the Lib Dems and the SNP will swing the "floating voter" tbh. I'm not even sure it will swing the majority of remaining Labour voters.

The Lib Dems are trying similar in Aberdeenshire and I know a couple of folk who are going to vote SNP now instead of LD because they presumed they'd have to vote LD to keep the Tories out until the LD campaign informed them otherwise.

Oh yeah, final post. You really need to see AKs missus winning the by election, the result is on YouTube (I'm on the phone otherwise I would link it myself).

Labour walked out once it was announced. Sour grapes make an affy whine as my Granny would say ????

Not sure why Scottish Labour email me, but I enjoy it immensely.

Hi Jamie my name is David Cameron. I'm launching a fundraising campaign for Scottish Labour today and I need your help. Read on...

The good news: I'm not currently prime minister of the United Kingdom. I'm actually a Scottish Labour member from Glasgow.

The better news: I'm doing all I can to kick my namesake out of Number 10, and I think it'd be really funny if David Cameron (me) helped Labour raise £24,000 in the next 24 hours to get rid of David Cameron (prime minister).

I think I'll call it "David Cameron's £24k for Labour (in 24 hours) Challenge."

Can you chip in a few quid to help hit our target? Whatever you can afford it only takes two minutes to donate

Ok, Dave, not the Prime Minister.

Oh yeah, final post. You really need to see AKs missus winning the by election, the result is on YouTube (I'm on the phone otherwise I would link it myself).

Labour walked out once it was announced. Sour grapes make an affy whine as my Granny would say

To be fair, one of the Labour councillors did actually stay behind and shake her hand. They didn't get it easy leaving early anyway as my daughter was outside the hall with me shouting "My Mummy Won" as they walked by :P

Another belting article from the Daily Mail comparing Sturgeon to Putin. Once again the comments section is the best! Don't you all know she is evil and a terrorist

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3015432/Nicola-Sturgeon-accused-using-tactics-Vladimir-Putin-Ukraine-crisis-break-UK-stoking-division-England.html#article-3015432

Kenny Farquharson is usually what is referred to in North America as a shill where Labour are concerned, but this recent column in The Scotsman (now hard to find on their website) very much explains the backdrop to what Murphy is doing with that:

http://www.scotsman.com/news/kenny-farquharson-labour-won-t-regain-lost-scots-1-3730610

They see that there is no Murphy bounce even of the dead cat variety and are focusing on trying to get back in based on a personal vote gained through their work for the community. As Farquharson says however:

...People still respond to politicians who are seen to be making a difference – or at least making a noise about making a difference – on tangible aspects of the lives they live in their own neighbourhoods and towns.

Labour has long sneered at the pavement politics of the Liberal Democrats. Why bother about dog fouling and potholes and wheelie-bins when you could be wresting with geopolitics and the class struggle?

Well, they ken noo.

Old-school local advocacy may now be Scottish Labour MPs’ only lifeline to political survival.

But there’s a catch. This will only work for those MPs who are personally respected in their constituencies, who are already engaged with the communities they represent and are already known and admired for fighting for the people they represent.

How can I put this delicately? Not every Scottish Labour MP can legitimately claim to fit this bill...

Archived