General Election 2015

Ludo*1

Wait, is this a serious discussion? :lol:

Take an MP's salary and think how much of that paying them to sit on a train. If spending a few hundred quid on a bit of kit makes that time 1% more efficient, its money well spent. There's a shit lot wrong with the parliamentary system, ipads for MPs isn't in the top 100.

It shows that their priorities are absolutely back to front.

• Replies 15.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Are you saying that iPads are crucial and NECESSARY for them to carry out their jobs?

Right enough, that guy playing candy crush in PMQT a few days ago demonstrated your line of argument tremendously.

I am saying a mobile communication device such as a tablet allows an MP to more efficiently function in their job.

For every MP that plays Candy Crush in the commons there are countless thousands who have played solitaire at their work.

Not condoning it, it happens.

The swing in Glenrothes was actually 9 percent and the area is represented by an SNP MSP so not much of a surprise as claimed. What were the Buckie figures?

Ach well, everything is cushty again for Labour then.

invergowrie arab, on 27 Mar 2015 - 11:58, said:

Beinn na Foghla (Western Isles) result:

IND - 59.1% (+59.1)

SNP - 40.9% (+24.4)

Can't won them all but snp v everyone and up 23 points

I thought that one was a no go after this: Link.

I am saying a mobile communication device such as a tablet allows an MP to more efficiently function in their job.

For every MP that plays Candy Crush in the commons there are countless thousands who have played solitaire at their work.

Not condoning it, it happens.

I dispute that; we will see if efficiency increases as a result of this waste of money.

The swing in Glenrothes was actually 9 percent and the area is represented by an SNP MSP so not much of a surprise as claimed. What were the Buckie figures?

I might be wrong but, SNP had a national 1% lead in the 2012 council elections. 9% swing since then gives 19% lead which is exactly in line with the high end predictions?

I might be wrong but, SNP had a national 1% lead in the 2012 council elections. 9% swing since then gives 19% lead which is exactly in line with the high end predictions?

I was just just repeating what I read on Twitter tbh

Beinn na Foghla (Western Isles) result:

IND - 59.1% (+59.1)

SNP - 40.9% (+24.4)

Can't won them all but snp v everyone and up 23 points

Both the Western and Northern Isles are very different from the mainland, mind. Independents being elected is common in council elections there so that's still a good showing for the SNP. Angus MacNeil will hold his seat easily in May.

The Highland Council returned 35 independent candidates last time out (they did the same in the election before that IIRC). It forced the SNP into coalition with the Lib Dems and Labour. The Independents seem to act as one party and used to (maybe they still do) operate a Whip system.

The Highland Council returned 35 independent candidates last time out (they did the same in the election before that IIRC). It forced the SNP into coalition with the Lib Dems and Labour. The Independents seem to act as one party and used to (maybe they still do) operate a Whip system.

So they're independent candidates but they're not independent councillors

So they're independent candidates but they're not independent councillors

They are elected as independent candidates then form a "coalition" of independents called the "Independent Group". I would be surprised if Eilean Siar, Orkney, or Shetland operated in a different manner.

Archived