General Election 2015

Ludo*1

For all the abuse on the last two pages, which doesn't bother me in the slightest, not a single person has attempted to present a reasonable case for such young people getting such responsible jobs without having any experience.

Not a single poster has displayed the intelligence to present their case in a reasoned fashion.

That speaks volumes.

Thinking is hard eh?

I'm an SNP voter and I am completely cringing at the flat-out hypocrisy of the SNP fans ( yes, they're fans rather than supporters or voters) who are trying to dismiss your points about youth / experience.

• Replies 15.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is it possible you could try just once to engage in a debate without resorting to childish pointless insults?

What is she good enough at to make her suitable for electing as an MP?

It really isn't childish and it isn't an insult. You are ageist and you reputation for it is well known. Interesting you haven't addressed the points of experienced people who are utterly abysmal

Well she can certainly hold her own in a debate, she managed to get through a candidate selection process, and she spent 3 months on the road with Jim Sillars last year. I am sure his experience will have taught her much.

There are very few jobs that anyone of any age will walk into and know it inside out, but you learn as you go on.

I wonder if you would have been saying the same of Mozart and Einstein when they excelled at a relatively young age.

You'll be sad to hear I won't be posting for the next two nights. Down South on business. I predict UKIP will do better than projected, and sadly the vile SNP will sweep Scotland with all their new unwashed unseating some good Labour people like Danny Alexander, and even Jim Murphy. I don't agree with Mr Murphy but I think he has political weight and integrity compared to the idiots replacing him.

I have of course exercised my postal ballot, so don't worry that UKIP are being deprived one protest.

:lol::lol::lol::lol: :lol:

Most mps are middle aged, middle class, white men and any deviation from this blue print is good imho. On top of that politics is very much focused on the older generations at the expense of the younger generations. If younger people can get a voice in parliament perhaps it will encourage them to become more involved and rebalance priorities

You'll be sad to hear I won't be posting for the next two nights. Down South on business. I predict UKIP will do better than projected, and sadly the vile SNP will sweep Scotland with all their new unwashed unseating some good Labour people like Danny Alexander, and even Jim Murphy. I don't agree with Mr Murphy but I think he has political weight and integrity compared to the idiots replacing him.

I have of course exercised my postal ballot, so don't worry that UKIP are being deprived one protest.

Aye, Danny's been an asset to them right enough.

I was charitably assuming you'd mistyped earlier, but now you've provided your ignorance.

Where's the hypocrisy bbz?

She's clearly a career politician, although some of us are attempting to redefine that that means.

The hypocrisy is that the general consensus in recent years is that we have been demanding MPs with life experience, or experience in industry.

Although, again, that's something some of us are attempting to rewrite because those views now don't suit the current agenda.

She's clearly a career politician, although some of us are attempting to redefine that that means.

The hypocrisy is that the general consensus in recent years is that we have been demanding MPs with life experience, or experience in industry.

Although, again, that's something some of us are attempting to rewrite because those views now don't suit the current agenda.

No we have been crying out for politicians who are not in it for themselves and will actually represent the electorate

What age did Nicky Sturgeon first stand for election??? Anyone?

22. She joined the party at 16 and was beaten in two successive GEs before getting into Holyrood at the inaugural 99 election at the age of 28.

I wondered what would have happened to her and her career if she listened to somebody like oaksoft back then and decided that she was to young to stand...

Probably would have ended up an ageist and bitter poster on an internet forum.

Aye and she never amounted to anything did she?

Kim Jong-in was only 28 when he took over North Korea and he has a huge support.

If Lizzie, Charles, William and George were all to die suddenly then HRH Charlotte of Cambridge would be in charge of the UK, she is 3 days old.

Oaksoft in ruins IMO.

She joined the SNP because she believed in the cause, she's principled and passionate. Career politician to me is someone that will go where the tide is in order to get a seat. I really don't know when I've ever asked for someone with life experience to stand for parliament. I know plenty people with plenty life experience that I wouldn't trust to keep an eye on my cheese on toast for me, never mind run the country.

If you're looking for a career politician in the SNP then Tasmina Ahmed-Sheikh fits the profile.

She joined the SNP because she believed in the cause, she's principled and passionate. Career politician to me is someone that will go where the tide is in order to get a seat. I really don't know when I've ever asked for someone with life experience to stand for parliament. I know plenty people with plenty life experience that I wouldn't trust to keep an eye on my cheese on toast for me, never mind run the country.

All very convenient as it suits your current agenda.

Your definition of a career politician is very narrow.

If she was standing for Labour she would be getting torrents of abuse from you, and 100s like you.

For all the abuse on the last two pages, which doesn't bother me in the slightest, not a single person has attempted to present a reasonable case for such young people getting such responsible jobs without having any experience.

Not a single poster has displayed the intelligence to present their case in a reasoned fashion.

That speaks volumes.

Thinking is hard eh?

If she was standing for Labour she would be getting torrents of abuse from you, and 100s like you.

Ad Lib is standing for the Lib Dems. Other than Oaksoft and one or two others he has been respected for it. He's 23 I think.

It is flat out discrimination to suggest that someone shouldn't become an MP because of their age

Archived