General Election 2015

Ludo*1

• Replies 15.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Gordon Brown is grotesque. Absolutely disgusting. Would say anything, do anything to maintain Labour hegemony in Scotland. Running scared of the SNP though and not standing.

Bed time milhouse.

post-53474-14308506695619_thumb.jpg

Maybe she'll do the 5 years then quit - hardly a career then, is it.

Cant see it,great wage,pension,2nd house,expenses lets be fair its a great gig so why leave unless you get voted out.

I'm definitely registered but haven't received my bloody poll card so don't have a clue where my polling station is.

Does anyone know if I can find this out online?

I was the same so had to phone the Grampian Electoral Registration Office in Aberdeen as my card didn't arrive, they told me where I vote.

Use this link and type in the post code to the right that will give you contact details.

http://www.aboutmyvote.co.uk/how-do-i-vote/voting-in-person

Cant see it,great wage,pension,2nd house,expenses lets be fair its a great gig so why leave unless you get voted out.

Premature aging? They all look a bit fucked after a few years.

Jeepers, this speech by the simple Cyclops is painful. I think he's actually believing that today's Labour party has something, anything in common with the party that was founded by workers to represent workers. Strangely enough, the hand-picked audience are lapping it up. If he spouted this pish in public, he'd get pelters that Jim Murphy could only dream of spinning into another playing of the victim card. Seriously embarrassing, and even Labour know it's not going to persuade anyone.

You should see their election broadcast for Scotland. It's all black and white footage of factory workers, marchers, and rent-strikes, possibly even archive footage from the Battle of George Square (the old one, not the one from the 19th).

They show Keir Hardie and Mary Barbour looking all serious and care-worn, weighed down by integrity and belief in the struggle... then Donald Dewar and Gordon Brown ... then Jim and Kezia. :lol:

The recurring phrase is : "We did it... against the odds."

It's supposed to show the continuity of the workers' party (they actually call it that in the film) through the decades, but instead it just highlights the glaring contrast between then and now. It's like watching something die, appropriately enough.

I bet some folk will fall for it tae.

"Brent crude oil climbed to a high of $68.23 a barrel, up $1.78 and its highest since Dec. 8,before easing back to around $68.00 by 1345 GMT"

Oh oh.

It would be utterly glorious if the oil price reached $113.01 at the close of business on the 23rd of March next year.

And then I would sigh because of what it would have been.

Gordon Brown is grotesque. Absolutely disgusting. Would say anything, do anything to maintain Labour hegemony in Scotland. Running scared of the SNP though and not standing.

Spot on. The people who still take any cognisance of this behemoth must be those with the least critical judgement in Scotland.

A man who has taken £10k a week 'expenses' from the organisation (not charity) that he set up to raise money for charity.

Spot on. The people who still take any cognisance of this behemoth must be those with the least critical judgement in Scotland.

A man who has taken £10k a week 'expenses' from the organisation (not charity) that he set up to raise money for charity.

And his latest big thing was demanding that the bus companies offered free travel in Fife for folk to get to foodbanks.

I was absolutely open mouthed when I read that one.

Yes. She's far too young to be standing for election.

TBH I have absolutely no idea why these kids think they are equipped for the job.

Nor do I have any idea what possessed the parties to allow them to stand at that age.

I'm just stupid.

FTFY

Yes. She's far too young to be standing for election.

TBH I have absolutely no idea why these kids think they are equipped for the job.

Nor do I have any idea what possessed the parties to allow them to stand at that age.

It's just stupid.

Give it a rest

Eta: I don't actually think you realise how offensive you're being

Anyone offended by the idea that you should be expected to have some experience before being given a position of responsibility needs to look at themselves.

At least she hasn't been made deputy leader of the Scottish Labour Party, and effectively Leader of the Opposition. What's Dugdale's official title in Parliament BTW?

Phuck that. Mhairi Black is a year younger than me and in approximately 52 hours time will have achieved more than me or any of my mates ever will. Shame she isn't much of a looker or I'd be sending the lass my number.

Of course it does.

Not one of these types of people should be put anywhere near a position of power or influence until they've learned a trade of some description.

:lol::lol: :lol:

Jesus you've got a real chip on your shoulder

Someone who learned a trade? Brian Donohoe learned a trade and he's a fucking imbecile

Archived