General Election 2015

Ludo*1

The most interesting thing about the Panelbase poll is the voting representation. More than half (532 out of 1013) voted no in the referendum, and still the SNP sits on 48% of the vote in this poll.

Until we have a clearer picture - ie how many who voted yes are now voting SNP - we'll not know how many no voters have gone SNP, but that does seem to suggest a reasonably significant number of nos are planning to vote SNP. Unless 100% of those who voted yes are now voting SNP of course, then it'll be a very low number!

The other question is which voters are more likely to show up?

• Replies 15.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think that survey isn't particularly relevant to how the referendum would have turned out. If Devo Max or whatever b*****dised Smith Commission version was originally put to the public it would have won in a landslide. However now people have had the In/Out debate and made up their minds to be independent it is hard to walk those feelings back. Anything else isn't good enough.

The Vow must be a huge regret now. An overreaction to a single outlier poll but now politicians are trapped by it. They cannot admit that it did nothing because that would be admitting their futility in campaigning and undermining their own value. Really how many were persuaded at the last minute, a few but not enough to make a difference. At the same time Indy folk are holding their feet to the fire over a ridiculous, back of a fag packet campaign promise.

Look for the EU referendum, should there ever be one to have the same outcome. Cameron is promising EU devo max but no real way to get it on a ballot because the rest of the EU have made it clear that there are red lines that cannot be crossed such as freedom of movement. And once negotiation fails and it is an In/Out question the Outs are never going to want anything else and will back anti EU parties much more fervently than before.

Been out since this morning, so a bit behind. On the subject of the tanks in Glasgow. When I was young I knew an old man who served in the Argyll's during WW1, all his medals were inscribed 1914- 1919, because the Scottish troops, well a significant amount of them, weren't brought home, as there was, according to the government, going to be a ' Bolshevik Revolution' in Scotland to over throw the government. His regiment was sent to Murmansk, on the order of Churchill, to join with the White Russian troops to fight, guess who, the Bolsheviks, as top Tory/Liberal Winston was fearing a change of the status quo in the governing of "our united kingdom". Same old,same old a hundred years later.

Been out since this morning, so a bit behind. On the subject of the tanks in Glasgow. When I was young I knew an old man who served in the Argyll's during WW1, all his medals were inscribed 1914- 1919, because the Scottish troops, well a significant amount of them, weren't brought home, as there was, according to the government, going to be a ' Bolshevik Revolution' in Scotland to over throw the government. His regiment was sent to Murmansk, on the order of Churchill, to join with the White Russian troops to fight, guess who, the Bolsheviks, as top Tory/Liberal Winston was fearing a change of the status quo in the governing of "our united kingdom". Same old,same old a hundred years later.

I might be wrong on this but I'm sure I seen a documentary a while back saying every family in Scotland had been related or known someone who died during WW1.

WW1 was a disgrace. Shame the history about it is either blanked or rewritten

attachicon.gifImageUploadedByPie & Bovril1430919148.541817.jpg

f**k knows why 45ers are losing their shit about this cover it's great. The French Revolution surely the GOAT moment in history? All for Sturgeon and Salmond leading a new Terror.

Hey, SNP get crucified because 2 ot their 110000 members shout at Jim Murphy - we don't need bayonets and guilotines. That comes after we vote in 59 SNP MPs. Don't tell the Daily Mail I said that btw.

Middle England is seething at the Jocks

http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/video/2015/may/06/nuneaton-election-2015-scottish-get-in-with-labour-were-done-for

"Westminster should have influence over Scotland, but Scotland shouldn't have influence in Westminster"

With my personal favourite. "Westminster should give Scotland back"

Erm they did. You might notice I wasn't asking a question. And was told that by a History lecturer at university.

Our resident non-nationalist has a new avatar I notice.

The most pathetic cringeworthy photo I've ever set my eyes on

http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/video/2015/may/06/nuneaton-election-2015-scottish-get-in-with-labour-were-done-for

"Westminster should have influence over Scotland, but Scotland shouldn't have influence in Westminster"

Not being funny but the seethe down there's incredible just now, even from labour voters.

If the SNP win a f**k load of seats this time, then again the time after that I wonder how stable the Union will be, England would be seething if we kept it up

Got the feeling the SNP will either sweep every single seat or do much worse than predicted.

You can guarantee that Jim Murphy will use this as a supposed victory for the Labour party after being massacred. That's if he's not sobbing uncontrollably after (potentially) losing his own seat. How glorious that would be.

They've got fucking Morris Dancers in the High Street

They need some outside influence.

The potential for seethe is tremendous

You can guarantee that Jim Murphy will use this as a supposed victory for the Labour party after being massacred. That's if he's not sobbing uncontrollably after (potentially) losing his own seat. How glorious that would be.

I'm afraid Murphy's benchmark is not to lose a single seat to the SNP.

That was his bold claim and if he does try to claim some sort of pyrrhic victory he will be laughed at even more than he is now.

Archived