General Election 2015

Ludo*1

You can guarantee that Jim Murphy will use this as a supposed victory for the Labour party after being massacred. That's if he's not sobbing uncontrollably after (potentially) losing his own seat. How glorious that would be.

I'm surprised nobody in the media has grilled Jim on why people are deserting Labour.

• Replies 15.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm surprised nobody in the media has grilled Jim on why people are deserting Labour.

He's been asked on various occasions, he's just never answered it and been let of lightly by interviewers.

Jackie Bird asked him that last week on Reporting Scotland but he weasled out of giving an answer.

I might be wrong on this but I'm sure I seen a documentary a while back saying every family in Scotland had been related or known someone who died during WW1.

WW1 was a disgrace. Shame the history about it is either blanked or rewritten

Sadly both WWs have been 're-written.

WWI - Was an Imperialistic War, the first real one since the Coalition Wars against Napoleon. Too many Empires on a small land mass with the new kid on the block wanting a bigger slice of the cake.

WWII - Despite what some say this was never a war on Fascism. In fact it would probably not come in the top ten reasons why The British Empire found itself at War with Germany.

Christ, we must've been really shit at fighting.

;)

Not as bad as the Aussies. Both my Scottish Grandads fought at Gallipoli and couldn't figure out why they make such a fuss.

Sadly both WWs have been 're-written. WWI - Was an Imperialistic War, the first real one since the Coalition Wars against Napoleon. Too many Empires on a small land mass with the new kid on the block wanting a bigger slice of the cake. WWII - Despite what some say this was never a war on Fascism. In fact it would probably not come in the top ten reasons why The British Empire found itself at War with Germany.

Will the second coalition war be starting on Friday morning?

Odd... Why would someone who supports strike action join the Parliamentary Labour Party?

They've never officially supported a strike in their entire history.

Middle England is seething at the Jocks

http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/video/2015/may/06/nuneaton-election-2015-scottish-get-in-with-labour-were-done-for

"Westminster should have influence over Scotland, but Scotland shouldn't have influence in Westminster"

With my personal favourite. "Westminster should give Scotland back"

A potent mix of seethe and general ignorance. Liked how the presenter sarcastically mocked them for it. He seems to think the Union's done for.

That old boy with Labour signs attached to his mobility scooter at the end was quality. "What will you do if someone challenges you on your views?". " Eh, i'll just punch 'em in the nose." Then zooms away. Hehe.

Liked one of the birds for the Green Party too, mmm.

Not as bad as the Aussies. Both my Scottish Grandads fought at Gallipoli and couldn't figure out why they make such a fuss.

Don't know about the Aussies, but the Kiwis had more casualties than they did men. So the fighting must've been pretty hellish. Rommel rated the Kiwis as the best fighters he came up against in WWII. Although he did take the surrender of a whole company of Italians in WWI by himself, so what would he know.

I think if you listed the number of MP's who would champion policies which would risk them losing their jobs then it would be a pretty short post. Many of their policies have near f*** all to do with putting others in work, it simply sounds good to the electorate.

Archived