General Election 2015

Ludo*1

Just reading that and thinking why why why would you push for a no vote then? She says it perfectly, 'the vast majority of Scotland voted for anti austerity yet still we are stuck with the Tories'

SHOULDVE FUCKING VOTED YES THEN!

ImageUploadedByPie & Bovril1431770429.599641.jpg

Decent from her though.

I think its entirely churlish of her to say 1.5 million didn't vote without recognising the massive contribution to participative democracy the SNPs referendum facilitated. Turnout in my area was 82%

• Replies 15.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Also, I see Dave is patronising us Jocks already.

We've to "be sensible" and then we'll maybe get some new powers.

I can't decide between invisibility and the ability to read minds.

It remains the SNP position.

Other unicameral bodies

Finland 200

Norway 159

Scotland 129

New Zealand 120.

Good I can post this here.

I have a distant cousin in distant New Zealand.

Remember Bud Abbott the Australian premier.

At the time of the referendum he said that Scotland was too wee to go it alone.

My cousin said that that went doon well in New Zealand. pop. 4.5 million (wiki).

Just reading that and thinking why why why would you push for a no vote then? She says it perfectly, 'the vast majority of Scotland voted for anti austerity yet still we are stuck with the Tories'

attachicon.gifImageUploadedByPie & Bovril1431770429.599641.jpg

Decent from her though.

Can't agree. That's got appeal to the masses, trying to look gracious whilst covering up my salty bitter tears written all over it.

Edit: Why now all of a sudden is everyone complaining about the voting system

attachicon.gifImageUploadedByPie & Bovril1431770429.599641.jpg

Decent from her though.

I said it already, she will defect to the SNP.

I work with my spin department. UKIP can greet all they want.

You are calling the choice the people of Scotland made an irrelevance. Labour and the Tories have almost zero mandate to speak on behalf of the people of Scotland. But in an all too familiar scenario Scotland gets a government it did not vote for

Scotland has overwhelmingly rejected Westminster. Westminster must now react to that. If it doesn't I shall be applying for my Scottish Passport in five years time

Depends how you spin it. To say it's an overwhelming rejection of Westminster could be true if you go by MPs but not when you consider 50% voted for unionist parties.

If anything it was an overwhelming rejection of the Labour party as the choice of the anti-Tory voter in Scotland.

Will someone please explain to me just how Labour can ever square the circle of trying to appease the 'aspirational, wealth-creating and hard-working families' of Middle England with the more left-leaning communitarian Scottish ethos ? No, me neither.

The SNP have managed to be all things to all men - but then they have a clear raison d'etre - perhaps that's what Labour (or some alternative) should be doing?

Depends how you spin it. To say it's an overwhelming rejection of Westminster could be true if you go by MPs but not when you consider 50% voted for unionist parties.

If anything it was an overwhelming rejection of the Labour party as the choice of the anti-Tory voter in Scotland.

Just you keep telling yourself that champ

Not entirely true when you add in the green vote as well.

Labour and the Lib Dems have been the voice of Scotland at Westminster for decades. People wanted a change to that because it became clear that neither spoke for Scotland.

Are you aware of General Election percentages?

Do you know how rare one party hoovering up 50% of the vote is?

You lost. Get over it.

I lost?

I voted SNP!!

I could have sworn you said you were going to spoil your ballot paper.

Out of interest, what makes someone who voted No in the referendum vote for the SNP?

I could have sworn you said you were going to spoil your ballot paper.

Out of interest, what makes someone who voted No in the referendum vote for the SNP?

He did. In a thread titled "Just a thought" . Liar then or liar now? You decide.

Archived