General Election 2015

Ludo*1

Nothing will come of this because as I understand it Carmichael cannot be forced out. An independent Scotland needs to have a written constitution that would hold elected representatives to proper account.

Fully agree with this. It's a shame that Zac Goldsmith's Recall Bill was defeated in the last parliament.

• Replies 15.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Let us consider that this did go to a by-election. Let us consider that the SNP closed the gap and won the seat.

The Lib Dems would officially become more irrelevant than the DUP. :lol:

Targeting Carmichael alone misses the point - it is time to disband the Scottish Office and Scottish Secretary posts as well, as they are quite clearly electoral offices spreading Britnat fail rather than actually representing Scottish affairs.

All three must be hammered over this.

Tartan Tories. We all knew it, now we have proof. Scoop of the election so far, I almost forgive them for that business letter the other day.

attachicon.gifImageUploadedByPie & Bovril1428096188.590048.jpg

First real scoop of the campaign.

Forget the SNP and lib dems. Forget Alastair Carmichael the man and the MP.

This was an attack,a lie and a smear on the First Minister of Scotland from a UK government minister. The UK government needs to apologise to Scotland and the FM and acknowledge what happened.

This is a constitutional crisis.

I wonder how long before we get a statement from Willie (Uriah Heep*) Rennie. I wonder if he will try to justify it in any way.

*. The Dickens Character not the band. During the campaign I wondered who Rennie reminded me of and I've just realised it is the creepy character from David Copperfield.

This was an attack,a lie and a smear on the First Minister of Scotland from a UK government minister. The UK government needs to apologise to Scotland and the FM and acknowledge what happened.

Exactly. Think of all the backhand shite that went on during referendum. Fair and free vote my arse

It was jmo. He Randy Marsh'd himself for the 40 minutes or so before Sturgeon and the French brutally snatched Labour's final straw away.

Ah remember now. Seem to remember Scottish Labour all having a co ordinated Twitter attack as well that fell on it's arse pretty quickly

I think it's big enough to trigger indyref 2!

Ah remember now. Seem to remember Scottish Labour all having a co ordinated Twitter attack as well that fell on it's arse pretty quickly

Aye, Kezia posting a Youtube video of Edith Piaf. Every Scottish Labour usual suspect couldn't wait to get tore in. The only ones who came out of it ok were Hothersall, who apologised, and Malcolm Chisholm, who said it was disgraceful what happened to Sturgeon.

Would our resident Lib Dem care to comment on this?

Come on Libby let's be hearing you

In fairness to Ad Lib I'm fairly certain that he will condemn it unconditionally.

ETA - Sturgeon's statement a wee bit weak IMO, takes the whole statesmanship thing a bit too far.

How the hell did the enquiry cost £1.4 million? :lol:

Archived