Tartan Army - Good Guys or Wanks?

Tartan Army  

254 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Went to a Scotland away game last year and didn't see any flashing, plenty of drunks but can't really see the issue there if they're friendly enough. Seemed like your average away day except in a different country. The kilt thing doesn't bother me apart from the fact that the kilt wearers among our group started to really stink after a few days. It was a double header so they wore it every day for a week which is pretty manky.

No one had a go at me for wearing jeans. Is there a difference between being in the tartan army and just being a Scotland fan? I don't think there seemed to be any distinctions between any of them

Went to a Scotland away game last year and didn't see any flashing, plenty of drunks but can't really see the issue there if they're friendly enough. Seemed like your average away day except in a different country. The kilt thing doesn't bother me apart from the fact that the kilt wearers among our group started to really stink after a few days. It was a double header so they wore it every day for a week which is pretty manky.

No one had a go at me for wearing jeans. Is there a difference between being in the tartan army and just being a Scotland fan? I don't think there seemed to be any distinctions between any of them

I've started wearing a Kilt to away games, but I only wear it on the match day. Can't be hooped with the travelling about in it carry on. 95% in the group I go with wear them, but nobody bothers if others wear jeans etc. Each to their own and all that.

Grown men in kilts, ludicrously drunk exposing themselves to women and children.

I think some folk have it in their head that folk wearing kilts have signed some sort of a contract that forces them to show their cock n balls/hairy arse to any passers by.

Has it ever happened? Yes.

Is it common place? Certainly not in my experience.

Hp is having a disaster here. Not his first either. Two eejits boxing in a boozer represents nothing. Now.....outsude the Montford after i think the Czech 2-2 game, a guy noticably on his own not bothering a soul, was set upon by three or four wee fannies (theres usually a few Toryglen bawsacks hanging around looking for it, as were these re comments and shouts at everyone present) who he certainly wasnt just standing there taking shit from. But he wasn't winning either, until the crowd split them up. One of them landed a cracking last blow, to which said guy retaliated brilliantly and tripped him to the floor, and laid a good couple on the dickhead. They couldn't pull the imo innocent party off this wee cock any quicker if they tried, but thats only the beginning. Having a scran in the Kings Lodge later, the senior do gooder among them trails in, pished as a newt, with a few typically wanky hooray henrys namedropping airports and hotels etc, and proceeds to throw the biggest strop in the world that on a Saturday night, a Chinese restaurant was full. My old man's mate bites, grills him on his conduct after his earlier altruistic display, to which HIS friend pipes up that 'not being able to eat in Glasgow is a disgrace, its never a problem everywhere else we go....' and that 'among savages you sometimes need to slum it'. Basically, that particular faction appeared to be well known (a good couple of dozen knew the 'hero' by name and were quick to congratulate him), but were nothing short of self serving c***s only interested in looking just the best. Only one faction, mind.

Ok , I'll bite.

You must have one sad existence that you find the need to insult anyone who happens to be passionate about their team /club . All I've seen you do on here is try to start arguments with people .

You put a lot of effort into trying to convince people that you are as disinterested as you suggest. Which leads me into thinking that you actually do have a lot of interest but are somehow jealous that it's not you that's experiencing visiting other countries and cultures.

Sorry to burst your bubble champ, but I actually go to other countries all the time. I've spent 11 months living entirely in two different foreign countries, speak a foreign language and visited seven foreign countries over this summer alone. In January it's the turn of Portugal. Swing and a miss.

Good to note that you've already been schooled on the idea that your tragic, uniform-wearing jakies can offer the public any lessons on cultural exchange though.