Gibraltar 0-3 Scotland

Poland 2-0 South Ireland

Germany 25

Poland 20

South Ireland 17

Scotland 17

Georgia 7

Gibraltar 0

I have us losing out on away goals to South Ireland and by 3 points to Poland. We'll probably need either a point in Dublin or a win in Georgia to make sure of a top 3 finish, if we can manage both we'll probably qualify automatically.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can't imagine us beating Gibraltar 8-0 tbh. Scotland's never been that kind of team in my experience, we'll win 3-0 or struggle and give them their only points during qualifying probably.

Gibraltar probably won't concede over six again, unless their manager is a complete moron who continues their early approach of trying to attack sides.

I can't imagine us beating Gibraltar 8-0 tbh. Scotland's never been that kind of team in my experience, we'll win 3-0 or struggle and give them their only points during qualifying probably.

This chat is properly boring now. We'll take them to pieces home and away. 6 points, probably with a minimum of seven goals.

This chat is properly boring now. We'll take them to pieces home and away. 6 points, probably with a minimum of seven goals.

We should beat them, and 98% sure we will. But even when we do beat them, can you honestly see us being the sort of side that goes out and scores seven or eight? It depends on how they come out - if Gibraltar decide to do the sensible thing and become "hard" to beat, we'll struggle to score like we did against Georgia, and probably win by a couple. The only way we'll score in large numbers is if they play the kamikaze way. Surely Bula isn't as stupid as that...

Georgia have professional footballers playing at clubs at a decent level. Gibraltar have a bunch of amateurs and semi-pros, most of whom play in the Gibraltar league. It doesn't matter how much you try to sit back and defend, if your players simply aren't capable of doing it then you're still going to lose goals.

A few of Ireland's goals on Saturday came from their midfielders and forwards waltzing past the entire Gibraltar defence as though they weren't there.

Gibraltar aren't a Lichtenstein or a Faroes, who could and have caused us problems. They are far worse than that.

I have genuinely seen better amateur teams than them on Scottish public parks. I would expect Scottish League 2 sides to comfortably beat Gibraltar.

If we don't win by at least 3 goals home and away it will be nothing short of a disgrace.

The fact that mickey mouse sides such as Gibraltar are allowed to play qualifiers must surely open the door for the likes of the Isle of Man and Channel Islands too?

Georgia 1-3 Poland

Germany 16-0 Gibraltar

Scotland 2-1 South Ireland

Georgia 0-4 Germany

Scotland 8-0 Gibraltar

South Ireland 1-1 Poland

Poland 2-0 Georgia

South Ireland 1-0 Scotland

Gibraltar 0-6 Germany

Georgia 1-1 Scotland

Germany 3-0 Poland

Gibraltar 1-5 South Ireland

Poland 5-0 Gibraltar

South Ireland 3-0 Georgia

Scotland 1-2 Germany

Georgia 4-1 Gibraltar

South Ireland 1-2 Germany

Scotland 2-1 Poland

Germany 3-0 Georgia

Gibraltar 0-3 Scotland

Poland 2-0 South Ireland

Germany 25

Poland 20

South Ireland 17

Scotland 17

Georgia 7

Gibraltar 0

I have us losing out on away goals to South Ireland and by 3 points to Poland. We'll probably need either a point in Dublin or a win in Georgia to make sure of a top 3 finish, if we can manage both we'll probably qualify automatically.

Think we're more likely to get a draw in Ireland, win in Georgia and draw or even lose at home to Poland. If that is the case then we'd scrape above Ireland for the playoffs.

Could really use Georgia taking some points off Poland and Ireland but can't see it.

Georgia 1-3 Poland

Germany 16-0 Gibraltar

Scotland 2-1 South Ireland

Georgia 0-4 Germany

Scotland 8-0 Gibraltar

South Ireland 1-1 Poland

Poland 2-0 Georgia

South Ireland 1-0 Scotland

Gibraltar 0-6 Germany

Georgia 1-1 Scotland

Germany 3-0 Poland

Gibraltar 1-5 South Ireland

Poland 5-0 Gibraltar

South Ireland 3-0 Georgia

Scotland 1-2 Germany

Georgia 4-1 Gibraltar

South Ireland 1-2 Germany

Scotland 2-1 Poland

Germany 3-0 Georgia

Gibraltar 0-3 Scotland

Poland 2-0 South Ireland

Germany 25

Poland 20

South Ireland 17

Scotland 17

Georgia 7

Gibraltar 0

Quite reasonable predictions there and still it puts us neck and neck for third!

Man, this group is the most nerve-wracking in ages!

Quite reasonable predictions there and still it puts us neck and neck for third!

Man, this group is the most nerve-wracking in ages!

It's a real c**t of a group when you look at some of the collections of dross in the others.

The fact that mickey mouse sides such as Gibraltar are allowed to play qualifiers must surely open the door for the likes of the Isle of Man and Channel Islands too?

The door is closed to them now, because UEFA have changed their regulations to only allow sovereign nations to be admitted. The only reason Gibraltar got in is that their application came before those regulations changed, and therefore had to be considered under the old rules.

It's worth pointing out that our group only has one side who finished in the top 3 of their World Cup qualifying group, while some groups have 2 sides who qualified for the tournament plus other teams who narrowly missed out. So while it's possible that our group is the hardest, it's also possible that it's just a bunch of evenly matched mediocre teams.

Archived