One for the seething Britnats

Confidemus

its almost sad that it has ended up this way, all the yessers who put up decent arguements in the lead up to the vote are now resorting to randumly blurting out "look how angry your are ! lol" as it is all they have left as their dream now lies in tatters. even more hilarious by the fact that the people they are accusing of being angry are infact laughing hysterically at their anger. long may confis threads continue, they are glorious.

• Replies 400
  • Created
  • Last Reply

as it is all they have left as their dream now lies in tatters. even more hilarious by the fact that the people they are accusing of being angry are infact laughing hysterically at their anger.

As I said earlier it's actually been brilliant trolling by the silent majority. Who didn't feel the need to put on badges, house stickers and car stickers, or vote in pointless polls like the ones on this website and other circle jerk opportunities for the Yessers.

The clown collective were allowed for months to build up into a seething frenzy of excitement as the silent majority nodded and smiled and said "that's nice" whilst waiting til referendum day, producing a pin and busting a collective bubble that had been allowed to be blown up for some time.

It was perfectly executed and is the main reason why there is still such absolute rage-faced seethery amongst those who still haven't got to grips yet with the fact they are very much a minority and are being stepped over in the street by the more numerous and very satisfied smiling No voters.

Glorious.

as the last 2 posts show there is still a lot of seething going on by the victorious NO voters, while us YES voters continue the fight to get the powers that our country needs. Tories/Labour/libdems are now at war over the infamous Vow and we can just sit back and watch the bunfight unfold. It's a win win as far as I am concerned; if they somehow can agree substantial new powers for our parliament then it is another step forward in our fight. If they renege on the vow then we will see the impact at the ballot box next May when, hopefully, Gordon Brown will see what his lies have cost his Labour party

As I said earlier it's actually been brilliant trolling by the silent majority. Who didn't feel the need to put on badges, house stickers and car stickers, or vote in pointless polls like the ones on this website and other circle jerk opportunities for the Yessers.

The clown collective were allowed for months to build up into a seething frenzy of excitement as the silent majority nodded and smiled and said "that's nice" whilst waiting til referendum day, producing a pin and busting a collective bubble that had been allowed to be blown up for some time.

It was perfectly executed and is the main reason why there is still such absolute rage-faced seethery amongst those who still haven't got to grips yet with the fact they are very much a minority and are being stepped over in the street by the more numerous and very satisfied smiling No voters.

Glorious.

Is it possible that you could talk any more shite? I've never seen so much utter fuddery spewed out in one post in my life. You need to get a grip.

as the last 2 posts show there is still a lot of seething going on by the victorious NO voters, while us YES voters continue the fight to get the powers that our country needs. Tories/Labour/libdems are now at war over the infamous Vow and we can just sit back and watch the bunfight unfold. It's a win win as far as I am concerned; if they somehow can agree substantial new powers for our parliament then it is another step forward in our fight. If they renege on the vow then we will see the impact at the ballot box next May when, hopefully, Gordon Brown will see what his lies have cost his Labour party

the more you accuse me of seething the more I laugh ,

It tallies nicely with the campaign's complete lack of self-awareness throughout.

That could have been (badly) explained away by claiming the siege mentality was required while the battle was yet to be completed. But after the mauling they really should have done a bit of soul-searching.

I'm sure that has happened at higher levels than the useless idiot canvassing leaflet-hander-outer types on here. I've seen Dennis Canavan for example admit to his own shortcomings and failures as part of the campaign.

There were obvious fundamental problems with the campaign. Which is why they lost so badly. I still think no matter how good a campaign they ran it was going to be a losing one, but they shuold have got an awful lot closer than the absolute beasting they received in the end.

Glorious.

^^^ Poorly concealed rage, imo

Glorious.

This is an absurd post. Get a grip of yourself son.

It tallies nicely with the campaign's complete lack of self-awareness throughout.

That could have been (badly) explained away by claiming the siege mentality was required while the battle was yet to be completed. But after the mauling they really should have done a bit of soul-searching.

I'm sure that has happened at higher levels than the useless idiot canvassing leaflet-hander-outer types on here. I've seen Dennis Canavan for example admit to his own shortcomings and failures as part of the campaign.

There were obvious fundamental problems with the campaign. Which is why they lost so badly. I still think no matter how good a campaign they ran it was going to be a losing one, but they shuold have got an awful lot closer than the absolute beasting they received in the end.

A 5-6 point swing would have taken it the other way. Hardly a beasting.

Ridiculous naive statement.

As naive as yours? I'm paraphrasing:

' it's going to 60-40 YES '

' Only 2 more days of the union left '

Etc etc. Get back in your box.

The stars aligned for YES this year: A Tory led government with a posh southerner in charge in Westminster implementing harsh cuts, a SNP majority in Holyrood, a Commonwealth Games in Glasgow, the 700th anniversary of Bannockburn, a terribly run Unionist campaign led by incompetent and boring politicians.

All these factors, and you still got humped. You will never, ever have such a good opportunity again.

Except the No voters are dying out, and a Yes vote in the future is an absolute certainty.

Every day 75% of voters dying are No voters as the balance continues to shift towards Yes. What will also happen is the 16-20 year olds will enter "real life" and find the economic model chosen by the UK isn't working and they'll move towards Yes.

It would appear the majority who reached adulthood (aged 20) before Thatcher voted Yes. While those who've suffered with the legacy of Thatcher voted against the UK.

A yes vote will be all the more glorious when it arrives in 5/10 years time.

The stars aligned for YES this year: A Tory led government with a posh southerner in charge in Westminster implementing harsh cuts, a SNP majority in Holyrood, a Commonwealth Games in Glasgow, the 700th anniversary of Bannockburn, a terribly run Unionist campaign led by incompetent and boring politicians.

All these factors, and you still got humped. You will never, ever have such a good opportunity again.

You say this that a lot of these factors are going to disappear?

The neoliberal consensus at Westminster means it really makes no difference whether Labour or the Tories are in power. They're all (or most of them) career politicians - boring and faceless.

The idea that a No campaign will be more positive or more inspiring in the future is also pretty daft.

The Bannockburn anniversary never helped the Yes campaign at all - in fact it allowed the No campaign to use it as a weapon (harking to the past and all that).

The Commonwealth Games did give Scottish people the chance to see how well the country can perform on the international stage. But it was non political and played a minor part.

Oh, Lex. :(

The Government could have been led by the 5th Earl of Wimborne.

There could have been a record majority in Holyrood.

The olympics, champions league final and an NFL game could have been held in Glasgow on the 1000th anniversary of Bannockburn with a No campaign ran exclusively by Ronnie Corbett.

The overwhelming lies, pressure and media whitewash led by Team Westminster and all their chums was just a step too far for a valiant Yes campaign.

One surefire way to overcome hope and optimism is to lie to pensioners. That we got to 45%, as I keep saying, is a fucking miracle.

However, there is hope among the despair. We're not going fucking anywhere.

:)

Absolutely there was no Commonwealth or Bannockburn bounce.

The biggest vote collectors for Yes ended up being the deplorable Better Together campaign. A campaign that deserved to lose.

I'd agree that BT were thoroughly shite. That said, even with their thorough ineptitude they still gave the yessers a pants down spanking.

So after lashing out at your opponents and the BBC and the establishment and "others" do you actually think there was any other reason why the yes campaign failed so spectacularly. Lets face it, the easiest thing in the world must be to see independence as we were told right the way through this campaign that Scotland would end up the ONLY country to have rejected its own independence. Maybe naked ethnic nationalism isnt good enough for people who have been in a successful, peaceful union for over 300 years? Maybe, as Patrick Harvie mentioned at the kick off to the campaign, they yes side simply failed to come up with any compelling reasons for us to go?

But I suppose its much easier to finger point at "others". So carry on.

As naive as yours? I'm paraphrasing:

' it's going to 60-40 YES '

' Only 2 more days of the union left '

Etc etc. Get back in your box.

Ok Lex

For the record, I disagree

45% aint going anywhere. The problem for the Brits is that there is worse to come. No voters will continue to move towards yes as they have done during the last decade.

Tick tock, its a matter of when, not if.

Indeed No voters will move towards yes if you mean nobody, zero, zilch.

Those of us who voted No will laugh and get on with our lives whilst rage and factionalism f'ck the Yessers.

Archived