Scotland v Republic of Ireland

Lyle Lanley

What an absolutely horrific way of selling tickets. Went online a few days ago to buy 2 tickets and the website showed only about 4 seats left that were in the Lisbon Lions Stand so bought 2 that were 2 rows apart so that we didn't miss out completely.

Now I go on to look and there are plenty available seats together in the Jock Stein that have for some reason only just been put up for availability. Really there comes a point where I just think that the SFA do things just to piss folk off.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im in college all day Friday so if i wanted to go to this it would be rushed and i wouldn't enjoy it so much so happier staying in Ed and watching in a pub with one of my very few friends

I'll be your friend when I move back up.

As for the game, hope we give Southern Ireland a total pumping. Roy Keane to seethe at something & Mark McGhee to RKO him.

I dont see any problem with someone having a soft spot or even support for another country , if they have a family link there. Almost all 3rd 4th generation Asian ,Italian Scots dont support Scotland, They all support Italy , India, Pakistan etc. Only bigots would be offended by this.

Why is it every time we see this analogy trotted out it's always by a Celtic supporter ? There will be 2/3/4 generation immigrant fans of every team in this land from dozens of different nations yet repeatedly it's the Celtic fans that keep on trotting out this tired old line.

Yes by all means continue to have an interest in the land of your fathers but that does not stretch to actively wanting the land of your birth and home to lose (which many many Celtic fans do). To go that far can only be interpreted as some sort of biggoted behaviour.

See ROI have announced their squad? 7 strikers. All but one of them are p1sh, but somehow 3 of them are in dbl figures goals-wise?

Hope we select a 4th striker for this double header. The Fletcher, Naismith, Martin '3 main strikers' thing is a bit too cosy for my liking.

Why is it every time we see this analogy trotted out it's always by a Celtic supporter ? There will be 2/3/4 generation immigrant fans of every team in this land from dozens of different nations yet repeatedly it's the Celtic fans that keep on trotting out this tired old line.

Yes by all means continue to have an interest in the land of your fathers but that does not stretch to actively wanting the land of your birth and home to lose (which many many Celtic fans do). To go that far can only be interpreted as some sort of biggoted behaviour.

And where do these fuckwits think ireland came from? Do they think ireland was there a nanosecond after the big bang?? ireland was made up from people from various parts of europe thousands and thousands of years before it came to be known as ireland. Why don't these irish obsessed people trace their ancestors back further.

They would find their ancestors were probably hobbling about sniffing farts in some ancient Sumerian cave. Literally f**k all to do with ireland in reality.

If their ancestors were welsh or from belgium they would not have given a flying f**k.

Edited by ClydeNewcomer

The fai moaning moaning about only getting 3000 tickets. Can't imagine they would have given us much more if they were hosting first

Same here, we aren't entitled to give them anymore, don't see what the issue is. However a representative has stated the fans have been forced into buying for the home end.

They have not been forced into anything, and most of these "fans" will be the schemies from scotland who are wanting to be controversial

The fai moaning moaning about only getting 3000 tickets. Can't imagine they would have given us much more if they were hosting first

They won't give us much more over there anyway. No excuses for the Irish snapping up Scottish tickets. SFA ballsed this up.

They won't give us much more over there anyway. No excuses for the Irish snapping up Scottish tickets. SFA ballsed this up.

As I said if the postcode they were using was registered as being based in Ireland it should have rejected online and referred them to contact the SFA by phone to buy tickets.

Would've caught a few out

I love the cheek of the b*stard FAI Writing to the SFA for more tickets when the allocation they have is fully acceptable for an away match. Plus they'll be more than 3000 there as there will be several thousand home tickets sold to McGeady type Cellic fans who are Scottish born Irish fans. Do they think we're all stupid?

I hope we give them a good doing. But probably in typical Scottish fashion the Irish will get a draw or one goal win.

I still think choosing Celtic park was a silly idea and Ibrox is a better location with Georgia game at Celtic making more sense. But anyway....

I didn't mind Ireland until I went to the friendly at Hampden 10 years ago and had the misfortune to be stood next to hundreds of evil Scottish neds in the Ireland end. Many wearing Celtic tops and singing about Larsson. Guys walking up and down the aisle with scarves over their faces pretending to shoot Scotland fans with invisible guns.

It actually opened my eyes that night. Up until then I'd almost exclusively despised Rangers and genuinely didn't think Celtic had much of a lunatic fringe.

Bet the regular Irish supporters are much like us and are generally decent folk.

That said, I hope we pump them. Or win 1-0 and McGeady gets a red card.

What an absolutely horrific way of selling tickets. Went online a few days ago to buy 2 tickets and the website showed only about 4 seats left that were in the Lisbon Lions Stand so bought 2 that were 2 rows apart so that we didn't miss out completely.

Now I go on to look and there are plenty available seats together in the Jock Stein that have for some reason only just been put up for availability. Really there comes a point where I just think that the SFA do things just to piss folk off.

This. I went on about two weeks ago and the only tickets showing for sale were in the top tier of the North Stand. Bought three together there, but they were £45 ahead. Two days later they released the Lisbon Lions stand tickets at £35 a head. Ridiculous.

I didn't mind Ireland until I went to the friendly at Hampden 10 years ago and had the misfortune to be stood next to hundreds of evil Scottish neds in the Ireland end. Many wearing Celtic tops and singing about Larsson. Guys walking up and down the aisle with scarves over their faces pretending to shoot Scotland fans with invisible guns.

It actually opened my eyes that night. Up until then I'd almost exclusively despised Rangers and genuinely didn't think Celtic had much of a lunatic fringe.

Bet the regular Irish supporters are much like us and are generally decent folk.

That said, I hope we pump them. Or win 1-0 and McGeady gets a red card.

I was at that game as well and saw that fucking vermin sing their larsson songs. They must have felt like right c***s when the irish support were clapping and singing scotland songs

These celtic neds are equally as horrific as the rangers equivalent even though they always seem to think it is just a minority of rangers who are scum