Scotland v Republic of Ireland

Lyle Lanley

Aye weve been shite fae corners for a long time, big McManus was usually good for a goal from Hartley set peices but not looked threatening in a while, last corner goal I remember was Hanleys v Wales and then before that Fletcher/Broadfoot v Iceland?

Any I am forgetting?

Caldwell against Holland? Was disallowed but i still consider it a legitimate goal.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lex has stated repeatedly he isn't interested in the Scottish national side, or even actively dislikes them.

Given this, I'm not surprised he is pushing for Mulgrew to start ahead of Robertson at full back.

Delighted that McCarthy is out of this game. Hope McGeady follows them. Hardly fair to use Scottish players against us.

Lex has stated repeatedly he isn't interested in the Scottish national side, or even actively dislikes them.

Given this, I'm not surprised he is pushing for Mulgrew to start ahead of Robertson at full back.

Delighted that McCarthy is out of this game. Hope McGeady follows them. Hardly fair to use Scottish players against us.

He spent the first game of the campaign live posting the match, trying a bit too much to get it out there how much he cares about the team. Presumably as some kind of trolling exercise in response to people saying they couldn't support Scotland whilst No-voting Hamish types had the temerity to support them too.

Then by the time it became clear than 99.9% of people were supporting Scotland just as before, he went back to slagging them off. A truly desperate character.

Left it too late before deciding i was going and not finding any luck finding spares, could anyone recommend my chances of getting a ticket if i head to Glasgow for about half 3? Most people saying to just go for it but i might get ripped off or even worse not get one and make a wasted journey

Left it too late before deciding i was going and not finding any luck finding spares, could anyone recommend my chances of getting a ticket if i head to Glasgow for about half 3? Most people saying to just go for it but i might get ripped off or even worse not get one and make a wasted journey

I've went to a good few Scotland games home and away without a ticket but I've always managed to get one. I'd head down to the ground ( normally Hampden ) about 1 hour before kick off and always find someone outside the ground selling a ticket for face value. I have never been ripped off. Even if someone tries to charge you extra tell them to bolt.

He spent the first game of the campaign live posting the match, trying a bit too much to get it out there how much he cares about the team. Presumably as some kind of trolling exercise in response to people saying they couldn't support Scotland whilst No-voting Hamish types had the temerity to support them too.

Then by the time it became clear than 99.9% of people were supporting Scotland just as before, he went back to slagging them off. A truly desperate character.

I think anyone who mixes politics and football is a moron.

That will be you then :)

I've went to a good few Scotland games home and away without a ticket but I've always managed to get one. I'd head down to the ground ( normally Hampden ) about 1 hour before kick off and always find someone outside the ground selling a ticket for face value. I have never been ripped off. Even if someone tries to charge you extra tell them to bolt.

Yeah I've done it a few times before, its just because i am a little skint just now and it would be awful to go to glasgow just to watch it alone in a pub! Can get into Glasgow Queen st for about 4 at latest so could go on the search for one there. I can imagine the counting house near the station might have a few tickets bouncing about without having to head to park head. Its a big stadium though and can see a good few cancellations so think i'll just go for it

More defensively minded, but not a better defender IMO. The most prudent thing to do when considering Ireland's attacking threat down our left is to put our best left back there, and that's Robertson.

I'd like to see Morrison moved forward to play behind Naismith with Mulgrew beside Brown, but I expect Steven Fletcher to start.

Starchan clearly has reservations about Robertson's defensive prowess. That's why he started him at home against Georgia where we'd not be doing much defending, but dropped him for Warsaw when we would be. He chose Whittaker to play out of position at LB instead of playing Robertson in his natural one.

Like I said I do like Robertson and I fully expect him to be our long term left back. Don't think tomorrow is for him though, and knowing what Strachan is like as a manager I think he will agree.

As has been mentioned Charlie's set pieces will be a huge improvement on Maloney's from last time out, and tomorrow will be a game with plenty of free kicks and corners.

I think the only changes from Warsaw will be Mulgrew for Hutton and Hanley for Greer.

Edited by Lex

Anyone who thinks Scotland shouldn't be a normal country is a moron of the highest order.

That'll be you Lex. :)

Another one mixing politics and football.

Is it too much to ask to have a Scotland match thread without talk of the referendum?

Aye weve been shite fae corners for a long time, big McManus was usually good for a goal from Hartley set peices but not looked threatening in a while, last corner goal I remember was Hanleys v Wales and then before that Fletcher/Broadfoot v Iceland?

Any I am forgetting?

McManus v Liechtenstein!

I'm afraid you'll have to live with the shame.

I would expect the crowd to be once again subdued like the Georgia game. #indyaftermath

Aye I'm sure the crowd will be 'subdued' too ... :1eye:lol:

Take your tears back to the politics forum where they belong, this is a thread about football.

Starchan clearly has reservations about Robertson's defensive prowess. That's why he started him at home against Georgia where we'd not be doing much defending, but dropped him for Warsaw when we would be. He chose Whittaker to play out of position at LB instead of playing Robertson in his natural one.

Like I said I do like Robertson and I fully expect him to be our long term left back. Don't think tomorrow is for him though, and knowing what Strachan is like as a manager I think he will agree.

As has been mentioned Charlie's set pieces will be a huge improvement on Maloney's from last time out, and tomorrow will be a game with plenty of free kicks and corners.

I think the only changes from Warsaw will be Mulgrew for Hutton and Hanley for Greer.

He felt that we needed more height to counter Poland who had a very tall team.

I expect Robertson to start. Strachan said last week he was one of the top performers at training

He felt that we needed more height to counter Poland who had a very tall team.

I expect Robertson to start. Strachan said last week he was one of the top performers at training

We shall see. I think Robertson will start against England and Mulgrew will start against Ireland.

Poland also recorded a 2-0 victory over Germany in the same stadium they drew 2-2 with Scotland!

Germany only managed a 1-1 against them. Why should we be so confident of racking up a score like 4-1 against them? When did we last score 4 in a match (8 years ago vs Faroes?). What was the score the last time we played ROI (1-0 to them)?

We should be capable of taking a win from this, but it ain't going to be easy.