Scotland v Republic of Ireland

Lyle Lanley

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If people think George Galloway had it bad, spare a thought for hardline Rainjours fans last night.

The feeling they must've had watching their two most hated nations battling it out (whilst Norn Iron pleasingly lost) is how I imagine it'd feel to watch a celebrity golf match between Jimmy Saville and Fred West, except one of them's your dad.

That patter about Rangers fans isn't true btw. About half the folk I go/have been to Scotland games over the years with are Rangers supporters.

Martin O'Neill seems to forget that Scotland and South Ireland both have 7 points but they've played Gibraltar. Scotland haven't

Correct. After 5 games we will have 10 points. Assuming we win in Gibraltar, I'd say 5 or 6 points from our other 4 games should see us through in third at worst.

And the 3 points you vile wee hoor. Get it right up ye.

So that'll be a 'no'. You're not fucking Irish are you?

Angry wee fella aren't ye? :wacko: Mid 30s+ and still living with your parents?

:lol:

It scares me a little that you're a mother.

As hilarious as it obviously is, why? :unsure: Unless your stalking me or just believing any old shite said about me on this place then you know f**k all about me. We're doing just fine, thanks for your and everyone elses concern though. :)

I was fully expecting hoofball and thuggery as that's what you'll always get from a Martin O'Neill team, but even at that Ireland's performance was ridiculous. Their entire gameplan consisted of kicking Scotland players whenever they got near us, nothing else. It can be hard to keep your composure in such circumstances, especially when you're not getting any protection from the referee, but we didn't rise to it, kept going and fully deserved to win. What a fucking goal.

Not just a great result for Scotland, but a great result for football. Teams that shitfest are one thing but there's no excuse for the utter thuggery we saw on Friday.

Ive already said Ireland were shite but if your describing things as utter thuggery then what was Grant Hanley's performance?? MON got the team wrong and we didnae have enough creativity. Scotland were good but you hardly gubbed us no matter how shite we were & if we'd got the draw in stoppage time no one wouldve said it wasnae a fair result. Know Im repeating myself here but if Hanley gets sent off like he should, straight red or 2 yellows take your pick, then its a different game & a different looking group.

Someone Scottish from an Irish family supports Ireland, its not really that big a deal.

This. Its no exactly a rare thing. :rolleyes:

I'm all for the mingling with Ireland fans. Although I did have three in actual Celtic scarfs to my left, Batemans all round in their direction from the goal all the way back to the city centre.

blowing_kiss_christian_bale.gif

Edited by Firhill Road

Scots/Irish parentage and Celtic my team,it seems to me there is still a lot of hate the Irish bile going down,and here was me thinking it only came from the *** end of the Sevco support apparently got that wrong,my hopes that we were rid of this type of nonsense seems to be dashed,I think it is a big problem for most Scots and it comes out now and again,maybe the Scots can,t stand the Irish because they wouldn,t ever bow down to the English/British war machine,regardless of what they could throw at them they stood tall and proud,they taught us a lesson.As for the game "thuggery" bit strong really Scotland just edged it in the skill department but there wasn,t as the scoreline suggests much in it,I wanted Scotland to win but hope that the republic are up there.

I was fucking loving it. As soon as we took the corner my brother immediately said 'Oh fucking short corners!' I hadn't quite finished saying 'Hold on, this one might work' when we were suddenly engulfed by SCENES. Glorious, absolutely glorious.

This is exactly what happened with me and my mate. Superb.

Scots/Irish parentage and Celtic my team,it seems to me there is still a lot of hate the Irish bile going down,and here was me thinking it only came from the *** end of the Sevco support apparently got that wrong,my hopes that we were rid of this type of nonsense seems to be dashed,I think it is a big problem for most Scots and it comes out now and again,maybe the Scots can,t stand the Irish because they wouldn,t ever bow down to the English/British war machine,regardless of what they could throw at them they stood tall and proud,they taught us a lesson.As for the game "thuggery" bit strong really Scotland just edged it in the skill department but there wasn,t as the scoreline suggests much in it,I wanted Scotland to win but hope that the republic are up there.

Aw shut the f**k up if a scottish born player chose to play for england he would get a 100 times more abuse. There is no anti- irish conspiracy for fucksake just resentment against plastic paddy neds.

The scots and irish were partying together after the game!

Edited by ClydeNewcomer

The 'hate the Irish' bile is a concoction created by some twisted up Scots of Irish heritage to justify their rejection of the country they were born and raised in.

As hilarious as it obviously is, why? :unsure: Unless your stalking me or just believing any old shite said about me on this place then you know f**k all about me. We're doing just fine, thanks for your and everyone elses concern though. :)

I think it's fair to assume that anyone who uses:

• an 'x' before and after their name online
  • the phantom 'h' to words in order to make it more 'Irish' (see: 'Bhoy' etc)
  • squiggly lines in posts to make them more pretty

is most likely either a 15 year old girl, or a man in his 50's pretending to be a 15 year old girl. Either way, still trying to pretend that MSN Messenger didn't die and emailing the owners of Bebo to demand that their Bebo 'love' of 589 be recognised in some way as "it wiz mare than that fat slag Sonia who pumped ma Tony hud".

Either way, not really the behaviour of a parent.

I think it's fair to assume that anyone who uses:

• an 'x' before and after their name online
  • the phantom 'h' to words in order to make it more 'Irish' (see: 'Bhoy' etc)
  • squiggly lines in posts to make them more pretty

is most likely either a 15 year old girl, or a man in his 50's pretending to be a 15 year old girl. Either way, still trying to pretend that MSN Messenger didn't die and emailing the owners of Bebo to demand that their Bebo 'love' of 589 be recognised in some way as "it wiz mare than that fat slag Sonia who pumped ma Tony hud".

Either way, not really the behaviour of a parent.

1146475_649473621755989_2039528455_n.jpg

I think maybe a wee bit of prudence should be shown in thinking we're going to get third or above place and Ireland are consigned to fail. O'Neill has a habit of producing good results from nowhere, as does Strachan. Slagging off a team and manager before we're even half way through is stupid so I'll wait and see if we can do it

I think this was summed this up well as a heavyweight win. The kind of game we rarely do win.

Pretty nervy stuff, but I thought we did enough to win. And McGeady was utter dross. Pleasing.

Never mind raging, they must be fucking freezing in just t-shirts.

I was just wearing my Scotland shirt, as the alcohol started to wear off it certainly did get a bit chilly.

Maloney, the resulting scenes and the tripping puss of the Irish sitting a few rows behind me made me feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

Is that lesson 'be better at growing potatoes'?